Homebrew [Release] Theme Manager - A theme manager for the Wii U

Xpl0itU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Even if I dislike theme managers as they need to tamper with NAND: Great work! :)

A few questions through (and sorry for me beeing too lazy to check sources atm) :
  • Does this have any kind of (semi) brick protection? I.E. does it verify the files after writing them to NAND?
  • Is this written with Aroma in mind, so are codes easy to adapt to Caffeiine?

Don't know what the topic was exactly but I agree 100%: A tool tampering with NAND (again: I dislike theme managers for exactly this reason) should have a million of error detection and correction logics (like verifying written files and in case they are wrong: Undo by applying a backup. Then verify the backup has been applied correctly and so on).
1. I guess the brick protection comes from the use itself that should know what it’s doing, but I’ll implement warnings and crc checking soon
2. Haven’t tested with aroma for obvious reasons, but it should work fine, it uses wut for mounting the sd and libiosuhax for the mlc, so it should work fine

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
2. Haven’t tested with aroma for obvious reasons, but it should work fine, it uses wut for mounting the sd and libiosuhax for the mlc, so it should work fine
Sure it works fine but it's also not needed: WUPS is the probably most important part of Aroma / what really differs it from Tiramisu. WUPS means Caffeiine always running which means Caffeiine is available on the home menu, too (IIRC even Aromas "homebrews on the home menu" thing is a WUPS plugin). So you're able to change themes with Caffeiine instead of touching MLC which would mean zero brick risk even for people not coldbooting.

Xpl0itU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Sure it works fine but it's also not needed: WUPS is the probably most important part of Aroma / what really differs it from Tiramisu. WUPS means Caffeiine always running which means Caffeiine is available on the home menu, too (IIRC even Aromas "homebrews on the home menu" thing is a WUPS plugin). So you're able to change themes with Caffeiine instead of touching MLC which would mean zero brick risk even for people not coldbooting.
Oh, if you use (sd)caffiine, it will override the installed theme, so the one you have on sdcaffiine will always show

theaxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would be cool if this could be made into a wup so it could be launched from the homescreen

theaxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but why its a one time thing not something you would open a lot
because i like having the programs on the homescreen rather than going into homebrew launcher. and plus if there was something like a theme store you'd go back to it frequently to try out themes

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because i like having the programs on the homescreen rather than going into homebrew launcher. and plus if there was something like a theme store you'd go back to it frequently to try out themes
he said hes not gonna add a theme store most likey but you can make a fowarder i think

SDarkrai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New update!
Changelog:
  • Check if file isn't corrupt when backing up or installing
  • Added a warning about possible bricks on boot
  • Backup automatically the current theme if no backup is found
Download
Hi, i'm just warning you that the rpx file isn't attached to the latest release. If you could add it, that would be great. Also, could you make it so that you can replace files like the allmessage.szs file?

Reactions: Xpl0itU

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Xpl0itU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, i'm just warning you that the rpx file isn't attached to the latest release. If you could add it, that would be great. Also, could you make it so that you can replace files like the allmessage.szs file?
Sorry, I just uploaded it, but most themes don’t include that file, so no, sorry

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New update!
Changelog:
  • Check if file isn't corrupt when backing up or installing
  • Added a warning about possible bricks on boot
  • Backup automatically the current theme if no backup is found
Download
th (3).jpg.png
could this be a nice icon for it? if the name is gonna change to thiimeU i can replace the i's with paintbrushes:)

Misunderstood Wookie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Subjective opinion of myself.
I took precautions to dump the full NAND before CBHC and before moving onto newer CFW boot methods...
The only brick risk is if you don't have a CFW payload and thus no way to recover the NAND or boot into anything but the Wii U Home menu,

See for me I gather if it fucks up I just hold B during boot and boot into the Home Brew channel right off the bat instead of the main menu and fire up theme manager or FTPii U and simply repair the corrupt theme.

Small price to pay for not dicking around with having to load themes after the system boots up.
I am sure you could do it another way but considering the brick potentially will just be a soft brick I could not care less.|

So with this, I can set a theme and forget it forever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...