Hacking [Request] Better GBA cheat for EZ-Flash Omega

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha. May I ask, what letter have you made it up to since your last update?
I no longer go based on letter anymore, and instead go by No-Intro numbering, and the reason being is because the database logic EZ-FLASH team went with uses a numbering system alongside the game identifiers, I realized that how I was going about the entries wasn't very viable in the long term due to the fact many entries exist alphabetically but aren't actually listed in many places of the internet, not to mention EZ-FLASH doesn't have a number system that I can use to determine what numbers go to what entry for any that I add that didn't exist before in their database. Considering the goal is to build a rough base for people to start with for the first release, the only logic that makes the most sense is a numbering system that doesn't really change (at least not for the much earlier numbered entries, later releases will have to be accounted for when that point is reached), No-Intro's numbering logic is currently viable enough to work with, this change won't restrict me alphabetically either. As such, the database is no longer able to be determined based on letter anymore, and is now only able to be determined by how many entries exist. One downside however, I had to redo some things recently due to having to get Windows reinstalled a couple times due to some issues I was facing in both instances, so it set me back a little bit (lost some stuff too by collateral), but I've been playing catch up to get it back to where it was before the issues.

Reactions: f3bandit and SciGuy

Absarck

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Just wanted to ask how progress has been on this?
Post automatically merged:

Hi! Just wanted to ask how progress has been on this?

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I meant to mention this about a week ago, but I ended up busy. A lot has happened during my time with this project, some of my previous work has been scrapped in favor of something newer and better than before, real life stuff, had to do some level of recovery as I did lose some things during my time dealing with an operating system reinstall process, and have also been dabbling with other fields of interest (videography currently), I'm happy to say that so far I'm a little over 900 entries in (no particular order since I changed the way I handle things now). I still need to tune up many of the entries, include more codes, etc., but so far a base of release is definitely becoming a reality. I know it has been quite a long while now, but it's coming together. I'm sure to most a little over 900 entries doesn't seem like a lot within the time frame I've been working, unfortunately scrapping and recovering data tends to do a bit of a number on the final results.

Some general good news though maybe some pointless details here and there, some of which that ties in with the projects, my work environment has improved slowly but surely. Unfortunately some of my fields of interests are demanding on hardware requirements, I now pack more memory (great for multitasking in general) and have some more drives for storage (need it since some of my interests are also storage hogs), the machine in question is six years old now (turns seven in two days), still packing a mean punch with the tasks I perform with it, but with the development cycle of software and such, sadly all it takes is ONE update to essentially kill your capabilities, unless you sit behind (which is fine, but it isn't always optimal). This is partly why I tend to go my own path and get inventive, create my own solutions to get what I want done, etc.. Considering this though, I have been thinking about building a second machine in the future for the much more demanding tasks, especially the tasks that take hours to do (video encoding and such for example), so I can continue working on projects like these whilst the other machine is doing whatever heavy tasks I need it to do at the same time. I also decided to swap to an ergonomic mouse, considering the amount of work I do, a normal mouse isn't very good for wrists, even with a mouse pad with a built-in wrist pad. Again, likely some pointless details, but for me, they are important improvements that help keep me going. I'm trying to avoid an upgrade like the plague considering the current state of technology is.... suboptimal to say the least, so much power yet very inefficient every other way, I certainly don't like that motherboards are now popping up with less PCI-E slots and such to work with (most keep fancying the damn NVMe stuff, it's getting kind of annoying when that is sort of kicking other potential board features to the curb), not to mention the concerning levels of issues with how they handle processor clock speeds, power draw, etc., don't even get me started with the space heater graphics cards that basically act as fireplaces in the winter, all around a disappointing scene for the computer side of things thus far. I would rather sit and make a second system that's generations behind if I have to, at least I'll know it won't explode, cause summer to exist in December, or drive up the electricity bill like crazy (who am I kidding, it would likely burn up and incinerate in my hands if I had it in the same room as the furnace computers of today).

Anyways, if you made it up to this point, thanks for reading, hopefully I at least put half a smile on your face, and I hope to have more progress to talk about later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @light27, i wanted a Wii u as a kid when i watched a Mario kart 8 commercial on tv