Hacking RiiskiMod 1.0

What shall we call the new version of Riiski since it aint that risky anymore...

• SoftMii

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chip-Away

• Anti-Chip

• The U-Mod - Ultimate Soft Mod

• Total voters

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, theres almost no point in branding the healthscreen now, as Icefire is making a Healthscreen creator tool. So theives can just customize it aas soon as they get their hands on yours.

brick0044

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok everything went well,until I went to change to older MIOS. It deleted fine but when I went to install wad03 it errored and didnt install, so anyone have any ideas as to where I might have gone wrong or if I need to do anything at all .The WII works and plays my backups in the disc channel fine.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
SilverSurfR said:
tj_cool said:
I'm still having some questions
1)I have a 3.2 pal wii with starfall/BL (followed the guide of EOC, also never used preloader/cioscorp)
what step do I have to start? (I was thinking 13, with the ARC), or should I do something else first?
2)Step 18 says, press YES to install special starfall type hacks. Since I already have starfall, do I still need install these hacks?

Don't tell me to read the whole topic, cause I did (might have missed some pages though)
Please help

Might need someone to verify this, I'm still learning...
You can start at Phase 3 as Phase 2 is downgrading. Since you are 3.2 already, not necessary. I removed patches from Starfall first (think I read in this or the Preloader thread they can cause issues when used in conjunction with preloader hacks, can anyone confirm?) This should leave you with an original system menu that the preloader will patch. Then install Preloader as instructed (might want to d/l the hacks.ini from the the Preloader Thread I think it had a few hacks that weren't in the Riskii pack), then the cIOSCORP installer. Should be good to go after that.
Ok, thanks
If someone can confirm please?
Oh, and I already have cIOS249, so if I install wad02 (cIOS249r7), will it overwrite the old one?

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
SilverSurfR said:
tj_cool said:
I'm still having some questions
1)I have a 3.2 pal wii with starfall/BL (followed the guide of EOC, also never used preloader/cioscorp)
what step do I have to start? (I was thinking 13, with the ARC), or should I do something else first?
2)Step 18 says, press YES to install special starfall type hacks. Since I already have starfall, do I still need install these hacks?

Don't tell me to read the whole topic, cause I did (might have missed some pages though)
Please help

Might need someone to verify this, I'm still learning...
You can start at Phase 3 as Phase 2 is downgrading. Since you are 3.2 already, not necessary. I removed patches from Starfall first (think I read in this or the Preloader thread they can cause issues when used in conjunction with preloader hacks, can anyone confirm?) This should leave you with an original system menu that the preloader will patch. Then install Preloader as instructed (might want to d/l the hacks.ini from the the Preloader Thread I think it had a few hacks that weren't in the Riskii pack), then the cIOSCORP installer. Should be good to go after that.
Ok, thanks
If someone can confirm please?
Oh, and I already have cIOS249, so if I install wad02 (cIOS249r7), will it overwrite the old one?

yes, cIOSes only write over eachother.

Please, don't make this more complicated than it is. Just Start from where you boot ARC and go from there. You'll just have to reinstall everything. its a quick process.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Regular cIOS for those who have patched discs to 249

so dose this mean patched games load now to??? you guys are mad men when it comes to codeing wow

Dodi

Trophies
XP
Country
Does this make all WADs Region-Free?
Can I install USA WADs without bricking now?

Thanks
biggrin.gif

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
OP
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
ok am alive, i needed a good sleep i've been awake for like a week lol, then the missus decided it wanted to go shopping :-( lol

anyways am back now, and if all goes well we should know whether or not we have got all our theories and calculations right, and ya might just see a youtube vid or something if we get it goin... :-)

peace

20clarky80

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe this is a Noob question but can I leave the WiiConnect24 turned on after installing this? I finished installing and it's Off right now, but some times it's kinda useful (Not for me, but still...).

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
Arm the Homeless said:
Why not BrickMii?
i like this , only one that made me lol

right here goes ave thought of a couple !

BiteMii ( bit cheeky though lol )

PiMpMii .....................which made me think of SlutMii ( coz my system no longer a VirginWii )

but i think its the muts nutts ..........WiiNuttS sums up most of you .............especially Ironmask !

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
20clarky08 said:
V3.0 is gonna bring a holllleeeeeeeee loada changes lol

Basicly only a new menu, right...? So why "loada changes"? Comfused
wacko.gif
Anyways, can somebody explain me a little bit why Preloader 0.26 will help Riiski?

Thanks in Advance
biggrin.gif

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
::yawn:: morning. so an update from last night since i was too tired to post then.. Ok so playing with the system menu "skin" is still difficult as we don't have any automation tools. However I have made a good bit of progress and have managed to get sections of it changed. Working on some issues in the conversion/packaging phase... 8 brick so far.... Thankfully preloader protects me since i'm writting straight to the nand and not touching the 000000043.app or 1000000043.app. I'll update again later once i make some headway with the issues im having.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    the author has the final aproval
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Canada: America's Russia