OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so my L shoulder button is not very responsive :/
but i think my DS is still under warranty
will nintendo fix the shoulder?
and how? am i supposed to send it in or something?

p.s. the last time this happened, i blew into the shoulder and it worked a lil better
doesnt work that well now.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
call the number off the manual and ask them
tongue.gif

What usually happens is if they agree to it you package the ds up in it's box along with your reciept (as proof of warrenty) and send it by mail to them. They'll either fix it and send it back or they'll just send you a brand new one (as was the case with me
biggrin.gif
). I don't know how NOA are but over here the process took around 9 days.

dice

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
tinymonkeyt said:
but..i threw away the box >.>
and wont shipping cost a whole lot?
the ds weighs a ton!

tbh I don't know since I'm not in America. But it didn't cost much for me (and the ds isn't heavy at all!
tongue.gif
)

Seriously though you'd have had the answers to nearly all your questions by if you had just contacted them (e.g. about whether the not having a box thing is an issue). I don't see how the box would be necessary but the only time I did this was well over a year ago.

Oh and in the UK we have this option for "recorded delivery" (where nintendo in this case have to sign to confirm that they recieved the ds - so if it did go missing you can claim your money from whoever the delivery co. is) so go for that option with your postal service provider if possible.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tinymonkeyt said:
so my L shoulder button is not very responsive :/
but i think my DS is still under warranty
will nintendo fix the shoulder?
and how? am i supposed to send it in or something?

p.s. the last time this happened, i blew into the shoulder and it worked a lil better
doesnt work that well now.
I sent mine in once, and it was only $50. But, I would suggest buying a Tri-wing and opening it and cleaning the contacts.

dice

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
oh, I thought/assumed she still had warrenty. If not then if they'll charge you for it (I've heard of cases where people out of warrent still getting it fixed for free) then maybe you should try and fix it yourself if you don't want to pay.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well my mom bought it before xmas last year so im pretty sure its under warranty
the thing with opening up my ds and trying to clean it
is that im afraid i might break my ds altogether..

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tinymonkeyt said:
well my mom bought it before xmas last year so im pretty sure its under warranty
the thing with opening up my ds and trying to clean it
is that im afraid i might break my ds altogether..

Umm... i wouldn't send it to Nintendo over that. My L button was like that about 5 months ago because of my excessive Metroiding..

I sent it to them, and bam. "Cough up 35 bucks, because we opened it and did nothing!" Grr.. Bastards.

A lot of people say blowing into it fixes it. I dunno about this, but i REALLY had to mash that stupid button to fix it. GRR.

But yeah, eventually it fixed itself. Nintendo told my dad that the button was probably just jammed, so i recommend this:

Buy a tri-wing screwdriver off eBay or get it somewhere (it's quite rare, but fairly cheap)

Be careful, but open it up, and check the L button.

It's a tiny little rectangular prism, with a 1mm X 1mm button on it. No wonder it gets jammed or breaks.

Good luck with that.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, they cant charge me if im still under warranty right?
the blowing thing no longer works
and i heard it was bad for DS because of the moisture and stuff in your breath

JDMEVOIXMR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They wont charge you if you call them and tell them the problem. My DS had a broken power switch, they told me to send it in. I was given a label to put on the box and they paid for the shipping. ALl I had to pay for was the box, (which was like $5)

You're not risking anything by taking the DS apart, if you need help let me know. The shoulder buttons are kinda tricky to take off and put back on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These smart TVs are getting close tho. Gonna be like "back to future" TVs before long.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah a phones going to always be more powerful than a TV if the TVs $2grand maybe but why when I can put a smaller device in my pocket that does basically everything a TV already does
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can justify a decent $800 smartphone that'll last 3 years when I could get a 65" TV for $400 and buy a decent micro computer for $100 more
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust it's just what you want
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Found a Charger that works with my phone
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah Ken I have 3 Samsung Phones now and honestly all 3 feel about the same
    A35 a S23 FE S24 Ultra lol
    Camera is about the only thing that legit separates them, unless you play games on your phone....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i download movies on my PC that is connected to my living room tv.
    Monitors are too small for my bad eyesight so I use my main tv and wirelss keyboard and wireless trackball mouse.
    I tried wireless transfer on phone before and yes, it's garbage. lol. So sloooooooooowwwwww.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New south park was not really that funny.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i heard modern south park is too serious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did it hurt your feelings?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Some are still funny, but they always try to use a subject matter related to something going on today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All you need is one dose of Lizzo to make yourself feel better
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Who tf is lizzo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They always make valid points on that show and it goes over people's heads over sensitivity reasons
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa i mean south park did that way back in the day too
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    remember the Michael Jackson episodes?
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: remember the Michael Jackson episodes?