ROM Hack Skyrim mods not working

akblake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have several mods that I'm trying to use for Skyrim, and despite wrestling with this for three days and completely re-downloading and replacing the files several times, the game loads without them.

• Skyrim is v1.1.14.534571
  • Atmosphere is on the 29 April 2022 release
  • Mods were downloaded from nexusmods.com/skyrimnintendoswitch and were already converted for the switch, confirmed as working by other users of those mods
  • Fails to load mods both on established (saved pre-mod) gamesaves and newly-started ones

Could someone look at the files I'm using and maybe see where I've gone wrong? It's probably a missing comma somewhere, but I'm just not seeing it at this point :wacko:

In the zip are the Skyrim.ini, Skyrim_en.ini and screenshot of the mod files.

Attachments

• skyrim.rar
    75.5 KB · Views: 89
Last edited by akblake,

Terrorize420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have several mods that I'm trying to use for Skyrim, and despite wrestling with this for three days and completely re-downloading and replacing the files several times, the game loads without them.

• Skyrim is v1.1.14.534571
  • Atmosphere is on the 29 April 2022 release
  • Mods were downloaded from nexusmods.com/skyrimnintendoswitch and were already converted for the switch, confirmed as working by other users of those mods
  • Fails to load mods both on established (saved pre-mod) gamesaves and newly-started ones

Could someone look at the files I'm using and maybe see where I've gone wrong? It's probably a missing comma somewhere, but I'm just not seeing it at this point :wacko:

In the zip are the Skyrim.ini, Skyrim_en.ini and screenshot of the mod files.

looking at the .ini files they look correct from what i can tell do you have the ini files inside the romfs folder if so it should work

you can try the premade levelers tower mod i have for people to test if mods are working but it also installs the plugin bypass patch if it loads then just add your mods if not i can try to help

My Skyrim Tut

akblake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried the Levelers Tower, c/p contents to the Atmosphere folder, and nothing. Not a single thing there even after a reboot and hard reboot.

20220531_195447.jpg

Last edited by akblake,

akblake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will just as soon as I can- reinstalling a fresh copy of skyrim/update to make sure it wasn't a wonky install

akblake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obtained a new copy of Skyrim/update, reinstalled it, and tried your second set of files. Still no tower in that area, though the rest of the vanilla game loads ok

akblake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think the textures loaded, the sky and grass look better than I'd expected, but the mods themselves were completely missing. Nothing popped up in the in-progress game to notify about mods, so I tried a new game. Nothing except some textures

DarknessPlay3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everything *looks* correct. Mods in other games work fine? Also are the in the correct title id for this version (and current update) for Skyrim?

akblake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mods for bd/sp worked months ago when the pokemon games came out, but we haven't checked them for some time. I'll do that once I get to a save point in the new start of skyrim

akblake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, mod for transparency when underground digging in shining pearl is definitely working. So the mod system itself is intact

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
First thing first, don't double post. Edit your last message or the op instead.

Now, about this particular topic. On a quick look, everything seems to be alright. You have mods I've tested personally and even one I repacked myself for Nexus. I could check your files with more attention later if the problems isn't solved by then.
But for what I see here, guess you simply have the override setting for Atmos inverted, meaning that you must press and keep pressed the L buttom while launching the game. If you wanna change that, go to your SD, then atmosphere\config\override_config.ini and, under default_config, set the override_key to !L instead of L (your file should look like the one attached). That way, mods, config files and other LayeredFS stuff will always load when launching a game.

Attachments

• override_config.zip
    291 bytes · Views: 82
Last edited by LeyendaV,

akblake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm used to forums where edit is locked out after 10-20 minutes, so posting is all that's an option after time ends. Assuming here is different, since you mentioned not doing that?

Also, didn't have an override file in config folder, just in the config_templates, where I know Atmosphere pulls any missing config files. Regardless, it has !L as the default already:

[default_config]
override_key=!L

And mods from gamebanana successfully load for Pokemon Pearl/Diamond without having to hold L. It's infuriating- by all rights, it should work. Did have to reinstall Tesla/Edizon and associated overlays after the last Atmosphere update killed the Tesla menu overlay (cheats wouldn't open in-game), so maybe something else fried... but then I did re-transfer the update when I was testing two days ago to make sure I hadn't mistaken my Atmosphere version number.

Copied it to the config folder and mods won't load with my holding L or not holding L.

Last edited by akblake,

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
Also, didn't have an override file in config folder, just in the config_templates,
Keep the one I shared in your config folder from now on.

And mods from gamebanana successfully load for Pokemon Pearl/Diamond without having to hold L.
Then the problem is with your Skyrim stuff, not with Atmos, your emunand or homebrews. So avoid re-downloading and touching settings for that from now on, at least till we figure out what the problem actually is.
Also, that doesn't mean you have to re-download/re-install Skyrim and its updates. If the game is launching, then it's not the problem.

I'll have to sit and take a closer look to every esp/bsa file you have and double check if everything is ok. But for now, let's do this: Download the file attached, extract the ini files and replace the ones in your SD. Then, restart your console and launch the game holding or not the L button, whichever method you have in your file (NOT holding if you are gonna use the one I gave you).

Attachments

• INIs.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited by LeyendaV,

akblake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep the one I shared in your config folder from now on.

Confirmed, the override you sent is in the config folder.

Then the problem is with your Skyrim stuff, not with Atmos, your emunand or homebrews. So avoid re-downloading and touching settings for that from now on, at least till we figure out what the problem actually is.
Also, that doesn't mean you have to re-download/re-install Skyrim and its updates. If the game is launching, then it's not the problem.

I'll have to sit and take a closer look to every esp/bsa file you have and double check if everything is ok. But for now, let's do this: Download the file attached, extract the ini files and replace the ones in your SD. Then, restart your console and launch the game holding or not the L button, whichever method you have in your file (NOT holding if you are gonna use the one I gave you).

Even tried with lockpickpro, which is just a bsa file (which no one is saying didn't work for them), and it's not appearing when I try to pick locks.

Copied over the ini files that you prepared, the console restarted anyway because I take the sd out with it shut down, and started the game NOT holding L. No mods still, though the in-progress game does load with no errors/messages.

Conversely, when I remove the hyrule esm from the skyrim ini file, I do get a message about it missing when the game loads.

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
Confirmed, the override you sent is in the config folder.

Even tried with lockpickpro, which is just a bsa file (which no one is saying didn't work for them), and it's not appearing when I try to pick locks.

Copied over the ini files that you prepared, the console restarted anyway because I take the sd out with it shut down, and started the game NOT holding L. No mods still, though the in-progress game does load with no errors/messages.

Conversely, when I remove the hyrule esm from the skyrim ini file, I do get a message about it missing when the game loads.
Lockpick Pro is mine, I can guarantee it works. And the Hyrule esm is bundled and loaded with the game, so your savefile will look for it if you remove it.
It's obvious that the mods themselves are not the problem, but something about the way you are loading them. It looks like the problem isn't one of the usual ones.

Is there a file called romfs_metadata.bin in the 01000A10041EA000 folder? That's the cache. If there's one, it means Atmos is loading the mods but aren't showing for some reason.
If it's not, then your console is not loading the mods at all.

akblake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly why I chose to try it when I tested if a single mod would load, one without an esp or meshes/textures. If it loaded, great. If it didn't, then you'd have more data since you know the mod itself is good, no need to pick through it.

It creates the romfs file every time I load the game; I tend to delete it every few times I mess with the mods just to make sure Atmosphere is at least trying. Reappears each time.

Attachments

• romfs_metadata.rar
    1.6 KB · Views: 55

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
Exactly why I chose to try it when I tested if a single mod would load, one without an esp or meshes/textures. If it loaded, great. If it didn't, then you'd have more data since you know the mod itself is good, no need to pick through it.

It creates the romfs file every time I load the game; I tend to delete it every few times I mess with the mods just to make sure Atmosphere is at least trying. Reappears each time.
Good. Meaning Atmos is loading everything. For future references, that file is created for every game that has romfs content, so it's a good practice to delete every time you change/delete/add new stuff into a game's folder.

Back to your current problem, do the files has any sort of locking on your PC that can be carried over into the SD? Something like being flagged as read-only, hidden, compressed, encrypted, etc.

akblake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back to your current problem, do the files has any sort of locking on your PC that can be carried over into the SD? Something like being flagged as read-only, hidden, compressed, encrypted, etc.

Checked through the list, and none are flagged as ro/hidden/etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack