Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have tried HBC installer with IOS61 installed (no dice), with IOS30 installed and the installer updated for IOS30 with CustomizeMii (no dice). Both tried with 3.2U and 4.2U.

Any other options available to me? Maybe I screwed up changing the IOS, but I don't think so. Could someone post and HBC install WAD that was successful?

Thanks

Nesty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
drmarvin said:
I have tried HBC installer with IOS61 installed (no dice), with IOS30 installed and the installer updated for IOS30 with CustomizeMii (no dice). Both tried with 3.2U and 4.2U.

Any other options available to me? Maybe I screwed up changing the IOS, but I don't think so. Could someone post and HBC install WAD that was successful?

Thanks

We're on the same situation. HBC installation is working following the guide. But my sneek and uneek are working properly. I hope somebody can provide a clear solution.

Baltasar

Trophies
XP
Country
is it just me or is the "full path" explained wrong saying sd:/temp usb:/temp? my folder is named "tmp" after a dump. does it matter?

smile.gif
anyway thanks for putting all info into one place the other thread is to huge now.

Nesty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
diddy81 said:
heres the HBC installer i used this should deffo work on a virgin nand with IOS 30 installed
HBC Installer IOS30- HBCI.wad
myself i used this when i was on 3.2E then updated to 4.2E

Hi @diddy81,

My original NAND is 4.1U and with HBC this is the one I used to generate the sneek files. So when I load it up uneek the HBC 1.0.3 appears
Will the showmiiwad delete my HBC totally and make it a virgin NAND? And then install your wad with the accesory fle hackmii boot.elf
But when I upgrade to 4.2U it will delete the HBC again right? Am I missing some critical step? thanks

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
That guide is for an old version of sneek I believe, not DI and this statement:

the disk drive flashes when I launch bootmii from HBC, that's all. Am I missing some files?

I'm not understanding, please rephrase this as I have absolutely no idea what your trying to actually do, sorry.

EDIT: I re-wrote the guide to focus on 4.2X instead of 3.2X if anyone has anything to add, thanks.

Sorry about that. What I was trying to say is that the disc slot keeps flashing when I try to launch SNEEK or UNEEK. I just need to read better because I found out the problem was a user error. I forgot to QUOTEd:\boot2.bin (renamed boot2_di.bin)

I have SNEEK working not able to successfully install HBC yet. Followed the steps to create the HBCI wad with IOS 30 on the virgin NAND, install with SHowmiiwads but still no go.
frown.gif

It looks like others are still having this problem as well.

EDIT: am I supposed to used to the import, meta, shared 2 and temp folders from backup bootmii nand dump?

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Nesty said:
diddy81 said:
heres the HBC installer i used this should deffo work on a virgin nand with IOS 30 installed

Hi @diddy81,

My original NAND is 4.1U and with HBC this is the one I used to generate the sneek files. So when I load it up uneek the HBC 1.0.3 appears
Will the showmiiwad delete my HBC totally and make it a virgin NAND? And then install your wad with the accesory fle hackmii boot.elf
But when I upgrade to 4.2U it will delete the HBC again right? Am I missing some critical step? thanks

updating to 4.2 will not delete HBC as it looks for the old ID (HAXX) and not the new ID (JODI)
showmiiwads will nat make your nand dump virgin as you undoubtedly have CIOS installed and maybe CIOSCORP

i think its better to make a virgin nand with NUSD but thats just me

Nesty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
diddy81 said:
Nesty said:
diddy81 said:

Hi @diddy81,

updating to 4.2 will not delete HBC as it looks for the old ID (HAXX) and not the new ID (JODI)
showmiiwads will nat make your nand dump virgin as you undoubtedly have CIOS installed and maybe CIOSCORP

i think its better to make a virgin nand with NUSD but thats just me

Previously, I had 4.1U in the emulated nand with HBC 1.0.3 then I decided to upgrade to 4.2U by installing IOS70 and then system menu 4.2U. Then after install my hbc was erase. I do not know if my step were correct thought. Then I followed the guide at #0001 but it still didn't work to return hbc. Tried your hbc wad too but still the same. Now, I'm making a virgin nand and there are lots of missing ios so I'm making an update on system. Hope this works now.

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
when you updated from 4.1 to 4.2 did you deffo have the latest HBC installed as a 4.2 update doesn't delete it

i made a virgin 3.2 installed HBC then updated to 4.2 and its all good

Nesty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
diddy81 said:
when you updated from 4.1 to 4.2 did you deffo have the latest HBC installed as a 4.2 update doesn't delete it

i made a virgin 3.2 installed HBC then updated to 4.2 and its all good

Now, I started with a virgin NAND following the guide get from NUSD. Started as 4.2U since it's a raw and I continued with system update from ninty to get all IOS.
And then installed the HBCI wad IOS30 still failed. What I notice is when I'm inside the emulated 4.2U click the SD icon it says nothing is inserted so even before I hit the start of the sneek homebrew channel I know it won't work. But interestingly in my real NAND when I hit the HB start button and click the apps in the menu it sees the hackmii and goes in the hackmii start remarks press 1 to continue. So obviously my real NAND can see the SD while my emulated virgin NAND 4.2U can't see the SD card. I don't know where to move forward now??

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
diddy81 said:

Thanks!!!!

This works great BUT you must install it on 3.2 first. I tried on 4.2e for ages but had no joy. Virgin 3.2, installed this then update all good

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from where am I supposed to be using/find the import, meta, share2 and temp folder?

The only place I know is a previous NAND dump, same place I retrieve the settings.txt file

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Digital1980 said:
from where am I supposed to be using/find the import, meta, share2 and temp folder?

The only place I know is a previous NAND dump, same place I retrieve the settings.txt file

For a virgin NAND just copy the 4 folders onto your SD and start it up. It will create the others.

dohclude

Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I got everything working finally with UNEEK. I have a question though, what happens if you install more channels to the usb nand when the 4 pages on the wii menu are already full? Will they just not show up? Is there any way to overcome this limitation? I was looking to use UNEEK as a way to have all of my channels installed, but if I can't do that anyways there's no point really.

chrisblarg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- EUR Wii
- virgin 4.2E+ios70 dump via nusdownlader and showmiiwads
- 3 usb drives(1hdd, 2 different USB drives), with 16k fat32 as primary partition, which are working fine otherwise
- latest source compiled with python 2.6x and devkitarm_r24, devkitppc_r19
- armboot.bin from google source
-boot2_ubs renamed to boot2 and copied to sd and usb root

I am getting blue flashing drive with each drive, so I suppose all three are incompatible with uneek? Or... I'm trying to launch it via hbc -> launch bootmii, could this be the mistake?

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
chrisblarg said:
- EUR Wii
- virgin 4.2E+ios70 dump via nusdownlader and showmiiwads
- 3 usb drives(1hdd, 2 different USB drives), with 16k fat32 as primary partition, which are working fine otherwise
- latest source compiled with python 2.6x and devkitarm_r24, devkitppc_r19
- armboot.bin from google source
-boot2_ubs renamed to boot2 and copied to sd and usb root

I am getting blue flashing drive with each drive, so I suppose all three are incompatible with uneek? Or... I'm trying to launch it via hbc -> launch bootmii, could this be the mistake?

Does sneek run on your SD-card? I have this problem with some of my SD-cards even with a 1 on 1 copy from a perfect working card.

So maybe your usb-drives aren't incompatible but only your SD-card.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I've not read the whole topic but was curious why it has.....

"compile (REGULAR)USB LoaderGX"

You can already get this precompiled, did I miss something is there instructions of how to mod the source to make it USB LoaderGX (s) ???

If not what the point in compiling it yourself ??

Great effort by the OP though to help those confused as hell about SNEEK and UNEEK
smile.gif

chrisblarg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OverjoY said:
Does sneek run on your SD-card? I have this problem with some of my SD-cards even with a 1 on 1 copy from a perfect working card.

So maybe your usb-drives aren't incompatible but only your SD-card.

2gb SD Card(fat32 16k) with renamed boot2_sd gives me one semilong blue flash and then blackscreen(but video signal seems to be still there, as the tv does not say otherwise), with both virgin systemfile and straight dump from wii.

EDIT: okay, seems I did not try all combinations, my old 128mb sd card used with wii only is not compatible with sneek, also one thumbdrive. 2gb sd card + hdd = working sneek
biggrin.gif
So I guess it's about time my camera gets a new card...

Nesty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
diddy81 said:
put the hackmii elf in the root of your USB sneek_di doesnt see sd

I have my sneek and uneek working both I placed the hackmii and doesn't work. I just can't make my sneek_di work so I did not put the hackmii elf in the root of the usb. I'll follow your advice on make a virgin 3.2U instead and see how it respond.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    the author has the final aproval
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Canada: America's Russia