Hacking Snes9x v3.0 released

nissanahmed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've uploaded a channel version of the emulator using the English 3.0 .dol and i injected it into the old "snes9x25en.wad" file.
Iv'e tested this and it works like a charm! Credits to JayParadox for the banner and whoever made the emulator and added all the support. (Booting back to the homebrew channel does not work from this channel version)

http://www.mediafire.com/?57jjttybtox

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
john.jingle said:
Wait, can someone help with how to get this emu onto my Wii?
Am I suppose to have the Homebrew channel first?

You can run it without the homebrew channel, by just booting it directly through the twilight hack. but that would require you to start zelda first every time.
it's far easier to just install the homebrew channel and use it to launch the emulator.

rommy667

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot nissanahmed man was looking for this
smile.gif

sosodef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone please answer these questions for me:

1) Since it has auto save, what folders should I have what in?
2) And is this new version for USA NTSC TV's ?

Thanks soso

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nissanahmed said:
I've uploaded a channel version of the emulator using the English 3.0 .dol and i injected it into the old "snes9x25en.wad" file.
Iv'e tested this and it works like a charm! Credits to JayParadox for the banner and whoever made the emulator and added all the support. (Booting back to the homebrew channel does not work from this channel version)

I've already posted 2 snes9x v3.0 channels in the Paradox Banners thread. First version has audio on the channel screen, second version is hi-res. Both versions are titled (so when you move your cursor over the channel) Snes9x Emulator v3.0. You can find them on page 27 of the Paradox Banner thread.
( http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=86631&st=390 )

Prisoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
smoger said:
Prisoner said:
Jm9760 said:
Gens Plus could really use a lot of these improvements as well.
wink.gif
yeah...
the Genplus with wiimote support hangs randomly....and the one with only GC pad can't save on SD....

have you tried it with just the Wiimote? mine was crashing when i used the CC, but just Wiimote worked fine.. just a little annoying to use B as A.
well....I want to use CC....don't care if it works just with the wiimote...Genesis don't need only two buttons
dry.gif

also....if it works like a charm with the snes9x, why nobody tries to update the Genesisplus too??

nissanahmed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deba94 said:
nissanahmed said:

I've already posted 2 snes9x v3.0 channels in the Paradox Banners thread. First version has audio on the channel screen, second version is hi-res. Both versions are titled (so when you move your cursor over the channel) Snes9x Emulator v3.0. You can find them on page 27 of the Paradox Banner thread.
( http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=86631&st=390 )

Well i wasn't aware of that. But thank you.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Xeronage said:
Damn, I wish it had an ENGLISH 60Hz Pal version... My screen's all black and white =P
your tv doesn't turn black & white because it's in spanish, your tv probably can't handle pal60

sosodef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
luckily my tv is compatible with ntsc signals, so I can use the english version

So the latest Snes emu will work on USA NTSC TV's ??

I hate to brick my Wii if not!

Thanks sosodef

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
hmmm

the nyko wireless nunchuck attachment isn't compatible with this emu.
Very odd, I thought the wii wouldn't pick up on any differences between the traditional nunchuck setup and a third party wireless add-on.

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sosodef said:
kedest said:
luckily my tv is compatible with ntsc signals, so I can use the english version

So the latest Snes emu will work on USA NTSC TV's ??

I hate to brick my Wii if not!

Thanks sosodef

I also want to know this as well, I keep hearing about Pal version for the newest Snes emulator, does this support NTSC TV's ???

I haven't seen anything about this.

elm
huh.gif

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deba94 said:
I JUST ANSWERED THIS IN THE OTHER THREAD.

Maybe you should read before posting....

Download the files yourself and look at the seperate folders.

YES I already downloaded the files and in the Apps folder it has 3 files, 1 says English, so how are we suppose to know that it was for NTSC, don't England and GB speak English also?

Thanks for the RUDE answer anyway....

sosodef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay... I must be tired because i cannot think str8 2nite, I have the apps folder opened but don't know which files to put onto my SD card? I already had the older version of the Snes emulator (zelda hack) onto my Sd card.

Is it the snesgxwi.elf or the boot.dol file

I'm not sure which one I should put on the SD card to update the Snes Emulator?

Thanks
bow.gif

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sosodef said:
Okay... I must be tired because i cannot think str8 2nite, I have the apps folder opened but don't know which files to put onto my SD card? I already had the older version of the Snes emulator (zelda hack) onto my Sd card.

Is it the snesgxwi.elf or the boot.dol file I'm not sure which one I should put on the SD card to update the Snes Emulator?

Thanks
bow.gif
Just open the rar-ed file and open the apps folder. Drag and drop snes9x eng to the apps folder on your memory card. Remember to delete your previous version of the emulator so you don't get confused.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok