Hacking Snes9x v3.0 released

sosodef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deba94 said:
sosodef said:
Okay... I must be tired because i cannot think str8 2nite, I have the apps folder opened but don't know which files to put onto my SD card? I already had the older version of the Snes emulator (zelda hack) onto my Sd card.

Is it the snesgxwi.elf or the boot.dol file I'm not sure which one I should put on the SD card to update the Snes Emulator?

Thanks
bow.gif
Just open the rar-ed file and open the apps folder. Drag and drop snes9x eng to the apps folder on your memory card. Remember to delete your previous version of the emulator so you don't get confused.

Thanks again ur a lifesaver!!!

grog.gif

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sosodef said:
Could someone please answer these questions for me:

1) Since it has auto save, what folders should I have what in?
2) And is this new version for USA NTSC TV's ?

Thanks soso

1) x:\SNES9X\ROMs\ (for ROMs) x:\SNES9X\SAVES\ (for saves)
2) There is an English NTSC included in the package. Throw the DOL, XML, and PNG files into x:\apps\SNES9X\ if you're using the Homebrew Channel, which this thing is honestly made for.

I LOVE THIS THING! I seriously need to go pick up another classic controller now, just because of this. That way I can do 2 players with it, instead of trying to play games using the nunchuck. It works - but it's kinda weird. I did beat King of Dragons using that setup though.

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
manias said:
Xeronage said:
Damn, I wish it had an ENGLISH 60Hz Pal version... My screen's all black and white =P
your tv doesn't turn black & white because it's in spanish, your tv probably can't handle pal60

No I meant, It cant handle NTSC, but I cant use the 60hz version either because its in Spanish.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Xeronage said:
manias said:
Xeronage said:
Damn, I wish it had an ENGLISH 60Hz Pal version... My screen's all black and white =P
your tv doesn't turn black & white because it's in spanish, your tv probably can't handle pal60

No I meant, It cant handle NTSC, but I cant use the 60hz version either because its in Spanish.
sure you can.. you do not need the words if you know what option does what

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ugh, its in spanish? Ill just wait for the english and channel release. As far as im concerned the only thing wrong with the verison i have now is that it takes a while to sync up wiimotes.

Rocco Savadgie

Trophies
XP
Country
All of these different versions are confusing. Would it not be easier if the author of this one submitted the source code changes to the main (original) source on tehskeen.com?

Liink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
does this emulator not support games that use special chips in them on the SNES (Megaman X2, X3, Yoshi's Island etc) or is it just me? I had a search around and couldnt find anything. Did i miss something. They seem to be the only games i get errors on when i try to load them. Besides that, great emu. All appears to be well, would love a PAL60 english version.

cobain76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think because the coders are Spanish speaking people?

Surely somebody is going to translate it to English.

CambridgeGuy said:
Jm9760 said:
v3.0 is in English.

yeah, but the pal 60 version with rgb support is only in spanish. which is a bit fail, really. i mean, why do only spanish-speakers get that version?
*sigh*

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
If your using a SNES pad you cannot get back to the emulator menu screen via the home button on the wii remote, you have to unplug the snes pad and connect the numchuck, and then you can get back to the menu screen via the home button. Hopefully they shall fix this in the next release?

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Liink said:
does this emulator not support games that use special chips in them on the SNES (Megaman X2, X3, Yoshi's Island etc) or is it just me? I had a search around and couldnt find anything. Did i miss something. They seem to be the only games i get errors on when i try to load them. Besides that, great emu. All appears to be well, would love a PAL60 english version.
I am also wondering this?

Liink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Eternal Myst said:
Liink said:

Is there a compatability list somewhere? Just seems kind of strange for an emulator not to support these special chip games. If its based off the PC versions and they do run these games i cant see why they wont work. THe psp and other homebrew console snes9x runs them. I really only wanted to use this emulator for games that cant be injected, like games such as Megaman X2 and X3, as id rather channels, but if they dont work on the emulator then im stuck
unsure.gif

Jhongerkong

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Liink said:
Eternal Myst said:
Liink said:

Is there a compatability list somewhere? Just seems kind of strange for an emulator not to support these special chip games. If its based off the PC versions and they do run these games i cant see why they wont work. THe psp and other homebrew console snes9x runs them. I really only wanted to use this emulator for games that cant be injected, like games such as Megaman X2 and X3, as id rather channels, but if they dont work on the emulator then im stuck
unsure.gif

I can confirm that all chip games work. Ive been playing Mario Kart, SM RPG, MMX3, etc. and it runs perfectly.

Liink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jhongerkong said:
Liink said:
Eternal Myst said:
Liink said:

unsure.gif

I can confirm that all chip games work. Ive been playing Mario Kart, SM RPG, MMX3, etc. and it runs perfectly.
Hmm thats really strange...ive tried numerous X3 and X2 roms and have had no luck, same error...maybe its just coincidence that im gettin the same error, cant go to my wii to quote the exact error, file_3 or sumthing maybe...no idea, roms are definantly in the right spot, as numerous others are working without flaws

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ btjunior: erm, what the sigma?