The MIG Switch Thread

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I havnt been banned yet from this MIG or sharing games between my SXOS devices

Just can’t be stupid about it
You obviously have not read exactly what I have said I didnt say sharing games via sxos will get you a ban you can use any xci files via sxos as long as you dont try and go triggering any online communications that the game uses which will present an error code on your screen and a ban payload will follow. You can even use an original game cart online without issues or a legit purchased game via eshop but it has to be original. The same sort of procedure is used with this stupid flashcard but even worse because your messing around with something that uses OFW, if you go using any certificate with an xci file and try using online you will certanily get a ban all certs are different I have thoroughly looked through many of them using the HxD Hex Editor. I have done loads of research many years ago on banning switchs with xci back ups, certificates, online etc.. the lot so please dont undermind me as if you know better. This flashcard has only been in the wild a matter of weeks, it takes a good few months for a ban payload to trigger a switch

Last edited by Reecey,

Gunstorm

xD
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Unlock Switch hands on

Unlock left, mig right
1714764665758.png

1714764708359.png

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This letter from UnlockSwitch seemed to slip by this thread. an update on all the changes they say the final product will have:

https://unlockswitch.com/Final_UnlockSwitch.pdf

"Our solution comes with its programmer on a USB type-C port (no additional fees)." Am I reading this right that they mean a dumper for the cart?

gbadl

Trophies
XP
Country
This letter from UnlockSwitch seemed to slip by this thread. an update on all the changes they say the final product will have:

https://unlockswitch.com/Final_UnlockSwitch.pdf

"Our solution comes with its programmer on a USB type-C port (no additional fees)." Am I reading this right that they mean a dumper for the cart?
It seems more likely a programmer to program the chips since it won't come with basic built in firmware. The Mig Switch requires sticking it in a switch which may have a possibility of Nintendo detecting the cart during flashing. I like that they may revise the price lower then $39 and hopefully they make it open source like they said before.

Statesman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no, big numbers=scary. No one seems to read articles beyond headlines these days. Nintendo simply had Github remove all forked repos of the original Yuzu branch (which everyone expected once the news came out). Meanwhile blatant Yuzu clones such as Suyu are still out in the open, even on Github. That and removing videos from youtube, which anyone can do thanks to the silly youtube automods.

It seems more likely a programmer to program the chips since it won't come with basic built in firmware. The Mig Switch requires sticking it in a switch which may have a possibility of Nintendo detecting the cart during flashing. I like that they may revise the price lower then $39 and hopefully they make it open source like they said before.
A "programmer" with a USB-C connection used to update the flashcart's firmware is only a few lines code away from being a dumper.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is it possible to update games stored on the mig switch without getting banned?
Speaking from what I've gathered from a few threads and discussions, so I can't say it's 100% correct:

As long as you have the full dump of the game, it's possible to download updates the official way. It shouldn't be a problem.
You can also download updates if you have at least the base game with matching initial data .bin file and the rest of the .bin files from a donor game, but no one knows for sure whether that will get your console banned later down the road.

Lumpofcoal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I would also add the caveat that if said dump on the MIG is one that is downloaded online (ie shared by many), it would be practically suicide to even try. That would be no different from someone installing a bootleg nsp and trying to connect to ninty servers to get updates IMO.

Reactions: Blythe93

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Indeed. That's why you need at the very least one legally purchased physical game that will act as a donor and a way to dump certificate files from the cartridge via official MIG Dumper (or a clone whenever those become available) or via MigDumpTool (requires hacked Switch and a working cartridge slot). You can reuse that same certificate for all the games you have as long as there's no multiple Switches using those same certificates at the same time (e.g. 2 MIG Switches at the same time or one MIG Switch and a real copy on another Switch), just make sure that you rename them accordingly.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Thanks for the advice. So I should just leave the switch in airplane mode then, if I'm using the mig switch?
Going online should only be safe if you have a full dump of the game cartridge you own and no one else is using at the same time. In other words, if you have two Switches, a game A cartridge and a MIG Switch with the full dump of your game A on its microSD card, you can't play on both of them at the same time.

Going online with the game that has donor certificates is not recommended either except for updating games (asked about that here).

I'd probably block Nintendo servers via 90DNS in order to get access to local multiplayer once needed, but that's about it. I wonder if that's a smart thing to do. Do you know if it's safe to use local multiplayer while using donor certs and with 90DNS in place, @TheStonedModder?

But, as linuxares said, we can't know for sure whether it's 100% safe.

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going online should only be safe if you have a full dump of the game cartridge you own and no one else is using at the same time. In other words, if you have two Switches, a game A cartridge and a MIG Switch with the full dump of your game A on its microSD card, you can't play on both of them at the same time.

Going online with the game that has donor certificates is not recommended either except for updating games (asked about that here).

I'd probably block Nintendo servers via 90DNS in order to get access to local multiplayer once needed, but that's about it. I wonder if that's a smart thing to do. Do you know if it's safe to use local multiplayer while using donor certs and with 90DNS in place, @TheStonedModder?

But, as linuxares said, we can't know for sure whether it's 100% safe.
I have no clue since the only local MP I do is between my modded v1 and pokemon trades

I guess we will all find out soon enough tho.

Statesman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed. That's why you need at the very least one legally purchased physical game that will act as a donor and a way to dump certificate files from the cartridge via official MIG Dumper (or a clone whenever those become available) or via MigDumpTool (requires hacked Switch and a working cartridge slot). You can reuse that same certificate for all the games you have as long as there's no multiple Switches using those same certificates at the same time (e.g. 2 MIG Switches at the same time or one MIG Switch and a real copy on another Switch), just make sure that you rename them accordingly.

Actually, there are (at least) 5 certificate "types", so you'd need one of each.

sKoMo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm in an italian telegram group, and one user reported a ban.
He says he was always on airplane mode.
The first time he turned on the wi-fi he got banned.

*If you're asking:
I don't have the chip
No, the mig wasn't inserted in that moment
No, never played online

I simply update a game

Attachments

• IMG_20240508_070003.jpg
    IMG_20240508_070003.jpg
    726.4 KB · Views: 4

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in an italian telegram group, and one user reported a ban.
He says he was always on airplane mode.
The first time he turned on the wi-fi he got banned.

*If you're asking:
I don't have the chip
No, the mig wasn't inserted in that moment
No, never played online

I simply update a game
There’s much more detail needed

Where did he get his game files from? Did he have every single one? Was he using a donor cert, and if so was it private or public.

He could have also been doing weird things there was a YouTube video showing how to use the MIG to spot gold points

sKoMo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Where did he get his game files from? Did he have every single one? Was he using a donor cert, and if so was it private or public.

He could have also been doing weird things there was a YouTube video showing how to use the MIG to spot gold pointsh

He could have also been doing weird things there was a YouTube video showing how to use the MIG to spot gold points
He get the files from an other telegram group who's sharing tons of games with shared certs.
They are for sure not clean dumps...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe