Things you recently bought or got

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My frog tank arrived yesterday with the "wrong" substrate. I had ordered 3 2kg(so 6kg total) bags of Exo Terra substrate but received an 8 kg bag of Fluval Stratum instead. Exo Terra and Fluval are owned by the same company, and the substrates are the same, except that Fluval is more expensive than Exo Terra. They also missed some plants, but I received a refund for those.

I ordered a bottle of Gorilla Glue to create the background of the tank and a small personal blender to blend some moss into a slurry to cover the background with moss.

No back to game stuff... my best friend got me Sea of Thieves for PS5.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got a remarkably cool bit of kit here with a 4K60 multiviewer!

Basically can take up to four HDMI inputs and display them in a variety of different ways, but it basically allows any monitor to do 2x2 PbP, which is something I've been wanting for a good while now. The only downside is that it has HDCP enabled by default, which means I can't use it for what I originally wanted to (turning my one 4K capture card into four 1080/60 capture cards). It is possible to disable HDCP on the device, but the only way is by connecting it to the PC via serial port... And of course they don't include a cable to actually facilitate that.

If anybody knows anywhere that will sell a 3 pin phoenix to RS-232 cable in the UK I'm all ears lol

1714773302548.png

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Basically can take up to four HDMI inputs and display them in a variety of different ways, but it basically allows any monitor to do 2x2 PbP, which is something I've been wanting for a good while now. The only downside is that it has HDCP enabled by default, which means I can't use it for what I originally wanted to (turning my one 4K capture card into four 1080/60 capture cards). It is possible to disable HDCP on the device, but the only way is by connecting it to the PC via serial port... And of course they don't include a cable to actually facilitate that.

If anybody knows anywhere that will sell a 3 pin phoenix to RS-232 cable in the UK I'm all ears lol

View attachment 435210
There we go, the Switch can finally do 4K60! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: Scarlet

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's been a while since my last post here and there are a few things I've got since then.

20240504_180149(1).jpg

Blu Rays (from top left to bottom right):
-Come and see: very emotional UDSSR movie about WW2. Sometimes called one of the best movies that exists but haven't seen it yet.
-Black adam: about a DC super hero. I really liked it
-Padmavaat: bollywood movie about a small but proud empire that faces danger from a bigger one. I liked this one as well. Doesn't feel like a "normal" bollywood movie.
-Mission Impossible: Dead Reconing Part 1 (4k). Not much to say about this one. The blu ray with extras is a joke tho. They are like 6GB in size and would've fitted on a DVD.
-The Wandering Earth II (4k): chinese movie about saving the earth from the sun. The first one was fun so I bought the second one. Haven't watched it yet.
-Your Name (4k): one of the top anime movies
-Blade Runner 2049 (4k): recently got the chance to watch it again and decided to buy it afterwards. Usually I don't like scifi but Bladerunner 2049 is nice (but a slow movie)

I also got a 4k blu ray drive because the other one I got in my PC didn't like many 4k blu rays. The new one didn't have any read errors so far.

Games:
-Metroid Prime Remastered (Switch): not much to say about this one
-Trackmania (Wii): I really liked trackmania turbo on the DS so I decided to get this one. It's a game that I'd call stunt racing with loopings and stuff like that. It's also pro controller compatible which means that it can be played with a gamepad on wii u if injected into VC.
-Space Invaders (Gameboy): Interesting game because it really uses the super gameboy. It's almost another game on SNES but ofc it stays space invaders.
-some 4in1 SACHEN game (Gameboy): my first tip into the world of unlicensed gameboy games from the time where the gameboy was still beeing made. I think that these Xin1 cards don't have actual names
-Conker's Pocket Tales (Gameboy): another perspective on conker (known from the N64 game)
-LEGO Island 2 (GBA): the pc game was part of my childhood and I wanted to check the gba game out. Ofc it's much simpler and in 2D.
-Ice climber NES Classics (GBA): wanted to test the official NES emulation on GBA. I'm surprised by how bad it controls but I think that it's also a problem with the original.
-Shrek 2 GBA Video (GBA): The shrek 2 movie as a GBA cartridge. One of the few GBA "games" to be 64MB in size

I also got an insidegadgets GBxCart RW v1.4b Pro to dump the Gameboy games.

Apart from that, I got the EZ-Flash Parallel DS Flashcart, the dock for the analogue pocket and an official NES Online controller which sadly doesn't pair with the analogue dock via bluetooth. But it works fine on PC, at least for me.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: dragonblood9999

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Bought a GBA about six years ago to either repair it or harvest a few parts from it. The former failed so the latter happened. Yesterday I also got the last parts from Funnyplaying to transplant the CPU and RAM to a new PCB.
IMG_20240505_173656333.jpg

And lo' it now works. That was definitely the hardest soldering I've done so far, but at least now I have one more working GBA, and with more RGB than any single GBA ever should have.
R4iDS.CN cards used to be the best high quality clones.
Neat, yeah it's one of those, but as said a slightly older one. I believe it still has all the features as the latest, apart from that NTRBoot switch. But I do have one of their with the switch so I've got that covered just as well.

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 435210

That is some sweet gizmo tech right there!!!
Some flappy thing.

View attachment 435251

HUEG.

Just read about those yesterday, they're backed up for the next 2 months. The article stated the size (folks this thing has a WINGSPAN of 31" inches)! Break out the measuring tape, this thing is HUGE. VEHO, could you tell us how many pieces to this set?

Thank you!!!
Post automatically merged:

DragonFly
That's what I think of them, as they are sure as hell not FLIES.
Post automatically merged:

DragonFly
That's what I think of them, as they are sure as hell not FLIES.
I'm casually working up to my 10k steps again so I got this for bad weather or lazy days. Legs went numb after 30 minutes, 😂

View attachment 435670View attachment 435671

K3Nv2, that looks like it has some legitimacy to it and not some cheap POS that can't hold up on its its own. Keep us updated on that (or just me if you like), especially its performance and durability.

Huzzah!!!

Last edited by The_Dizzy_Vizzy,

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0