• Likes 48

Scuba156

Trophies
XP
Country
bula said:
Scuba156 said:
dimok said:
I need to confirm something guys so please could you test this version here and tell me if it is any different for you from R896:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CB3CVPFH
Crashes with a code dump for me like rev896. If you want a stack dump, let me know and ill post it

Did you try to boot it a 2nd time?

For some reason did the same thing with me at first start-up (delete wiitdb and config files from your config dir before you do this test) but started working without any more problems after 2nd start -up. Just FYI I am running 896 of the google page and I have two wiis 2 4.1U running it.
I sure did, deleted everything related to USBLoaderGX. Tried running it through the Priiloader boot forwarder and through HBC a few times, both times running from a FAT32 partition on an external HDD. i might try putting on a clean USB stick and on an SD card to see if that helps. will post back with results

UPDATE: Stack dump, running off clean USB thumb drive and off SD card, tried running it 3 times each, and took photos of all the dumps which are 100% the same.

Stack Dump Screenshot

BTW, running 4.2E, Cios 38 Rev17 (tried it with Rev14 too)

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's ok Scuba156 i gave up trying to fix it and reverted all the stuff back to 883.....say goodbye to no HDD startup
tongue.gif

Quicksaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
erm... thought i'd share this since it seems important.

Tried r897 and it can't boot through cios222, only 249. r883 works fine. This seems important since from what i've been following in this thread, it seemed due to something the no HDD stuff did, but since this revision was supposed to be a revert to r883 with only a couple of adds... well i found it a little weird.

Booting games with 222 works fine btw, only the loader doesn't which is what has been occuring before anyway. My 222 is 38merge37, 223 works which is 38merge60. Wonder if that helps.

As expected, no more dumps though.

I can open an issue on this if you want but that page seems so clustered already =)

Just trying to contribute a little, awesome little tool you guys have here.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scuba156 said:
bula said:
Scuba156 said:
dimok said:
I need to confirm something guys so please could you test this version here and tell me if it is any different for you from R896:

Crashes with a code dump for me like rev896. If you want a stack dump, let me know and ill post it

For some reason did the same thing with me at first start-up (delete wiitdb and config files from your config dir before you do this test) but started working without any more problems after 2nd start -up. Just FYI I am running 896 of the google page and I have two wiis 2 4.1U running it.
I sure did, deleted everything related to USBLoaderGX. Tried running it through the Priiloader boot forwarder and through HBC a few times, both times running from a FAT32 partition on an external HDD. i might try putting on a clean USB stick and on an SD card to see if that helps. will post back with results

UPDATE: Stack dump, running off clean USB thumb drive and off SD card, tried running it 3 times each, and took photos of all the dumps which are 100% the same.

Stack Dump Screenshot

You have to run GX under cIOS222-v4, 249 does not support FAT\NTFS only WFBS.

Scuba156

Trophies
XP
Country
bula said:
Scuba156 said:
bula said:
Scuba156 said:
dimok said:

Stack Dump Screenshot

You have to run GX under cIOS222-v4, 249 does not support FAT\NTFS only WFBS.
249 does support fat32, ive been using it with rev 895. I have multiple partitions, one is Fat32, one is WBFS, two are NTFS

Is rev898 a renamed rev883? i havnt tested it yet

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Scuba156 said:
249 does support fat32, ive been using it with rev 895. I have multiple partitions, one is Fat32, one is WBFS, two are NTFS

IOS249 doesn't support running DVD's ripped to FAT32/NTFS. You must have IOS222 installed as well.

Scuba156

Trophies
XP
Country
smf said:
Scuba156 said:

IOS249 doesn't support running DVD's ripped to FAT32/NTFS. You must have IOS222 installed as well.
I have IOS222, but im not ripping games to a Fat32 partition and never said i was using a Fat32 partition to store my games. My Fat32 Partition is solely for storing my apps and such

Rev898 seems to have lost USB FAT32 support for config files. back to 895 for me

milkit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my usb loader gx has been working fine. just installed a few more games today. then I just went to play and only 1 game is showing up in the loader. If i go into coverflow, all the games are showing still. any idea?

GAMECASE1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Usb loader rev 898

i will do extnsive testing on this

post back with result from preloadr auto boot,
usb loader gx with theme,
and general use,
game disk install

Edit 1:- The theme pages dont work once a theme has been installed usb loader does not respnd to any buttons pressed via the wii mote or gc controller (but hand still moves) 01.08AM GMT Edit 1.1 fixed problam with thme pages rstartd wii and tried again pages work up untill page 13 thn i get stack dump 01.10AM GMT

Edit 2:- Had a slite glitch with preloadr (preloadr v2 (moded vrsion of preloadr 0.30) gave me a stack dump if i tried to fun installed file from prloadr. reboted wii and the loader now auto boot 01.18AM GMT

Edit 3:- The gui and all the featurs work on games install on cover download fine and th wiitdb file all doenload and giv the correct info

a few changes to the gui have been made

1. in the sttings screen the format options have ben removd (not important but came in handy with multipul hdds)
2. the sound optins have ben downgraded cant selct which sound to use (still not bad just edit manuly)

unother thsan that i find rev 898 a good piece of kit to use apart from the them scren there ar no problams

here is a direct link to rev 898 .dol
http://usbloader-gui.googlecode.com/files/r898.dol

i recomend you update your cios38 (249) to rev 15 her is a dirct link to the zip folder
http://wiinewz.com/forums/attachments/nint...5-installer.zip

thanks to all the coders for usb loader gx 01.34AM GMT

dalx

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I am sorry my english. I speak spanish.

I do not function or r897 or r898 version, running the loader usb gx from the usb hard disk, delete all the configuration files and nothing, always given me the error code dump and I could not get the usb GX, but I tried using the SD and if it works at least let me log in, but I did try using SD, only between language change and gave me no error, but could not do anything usb.

I also did the test using the version from r883 usb and all work without problems, I could change themes, music, play games in ntfs partition, all without any problems. For me this is the only version that working properly for me and is stable, all other older versions has this always gave me an occasional problem, but the worst have been the r897 and r898 I could not even enter.

If anything served from that included in the code the new features of music, from there everything was a disaster. I hope you can come back to have something stable, that is not easy, but just be grateful for the efforts made for providing an application.

For now I stay in r883 and having as a backup the application usb CFG.

If you need to dump the image of the code, tomorrow could be performed

My console 3.4u, cios 38 rev17, hermes rev4, games in partition ntfs, and files config and app in usb hard disc partition fat32.

GAMECASE1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dalx said:

I do not function or r897 or r898 version, running the loader usb gx from the usb hard disk, delete all the configuration files and nothing, always given me the error code dump and I could not get the usb GX, but I tried using the SD and if it works at least let me log in, but I did try using SD, only between language change and gave me no error, but could not do anything usb.

I also did the test using the version from r883 usb and all work without problems, I could change themes, music, play games in ntfs partition, all without any problems. For me this is the only version that working properly for me and is stable, all other older versions has this always gave me an occasional problem, but the worst have been the r897 and r898 I could not even enter.

If anything served from that included in the code the new features of music, from there everything was a disaster. I hope you can come back to have something stable, that is not easy, but just be grateful for the efforts made for providing an application.

My console 3.4u, cios 38 rev17, hermes rev4, games in partition ntfs, and files config and app in usb hard disc partition fat32.

hi dalx
i personly think using a wbfs drive and installing usb loader gx on to an sd card works a lot bettr than installing it to a ntfs / fat 32 usb hard disk

i personly would advise u t do that but someone may find a fix of the problam
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif

dalx

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
GAMECASE1 said:
dalx said:

hi dalx
i personly think using a wbfs drive and installing usb loader gx on to an sd card works a lot bettr than installing it to a ntfs / fat 32 usb hard disk

i personly would advise u t do that but someone may find a fix of the problam
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif

Hi GAMECASE1, thanks for the suggestion, but I not like run applications from the SD, and I think it is a waste to use only WBFS options offered fat32 / ntfs, you can save there your media (movies, music, etc.), all the have a single place.

I've been testing cfg usb loader, and I'm surprised the stability and the progress they have achieved, I hope the developers to share ideas with the creators of usb loader GX , both projects are based on GPL, and could share ideas and code. Usb loader GX has a great interface, is very friendly, something that has no cfg usb, but stability and robustness of the strengths of cfg usb loader.

My daughter who is 7 years old and his friends, loves GX usb loader, and hope things get fixed soon with this excellent application.

slicer74

Trophies
Website
slicer74.ifrance.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using this loader for a couple of months and I have still some interogation !

In the update option, I have WiiTDB, what this suppose to do ?

Beside WBFS manager, is there a way to get the correct name corresponding to an ID ?

ex. Wii Play is shown as SPORT PACK.....

I need some detail informations please.

BTW, I have read the ReadMii.

U can always found me live at [email protected]

THX

Scuba156

Trophies
XP
Country
slicer74 said:
I'm using this loader for a couple of months and I have still some interogation !

In the update option, I have WiiTDB, what this suppose to do ?

Beside WBFS manager, is there a way to get the correct name corresponding to an ID ?

ex. Wii Play is shown as SPORT PACK.....

I need some detail informations please.

BTW, I have read the ReadMii.

U can always found me live at [email protected]

THX

The WiiTDB stores things such as ESRB ratings, Actual title, and game details that show by highlighting a game and pressing 2.

http://wiitdb.com/Main/FAQ

Your second question can be answered by simply updating your WiiTDB, and turning on 'Use WiiTDB' under the GUI settings

Now, two questions:

Is rev898 rev883?

Feature Request: In the Usbloader GX channel (wad), when selecting update, can you allow the option to update the WiiTDB and language files like with the .dol? ATM, i have to attempt to update to the latest rev, then cancel after it updates the WiiTDB just so i can update the WiiTDB.

slicer74

Trophies
Website
slicer74.ifrance.com
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the fast answear.

rev898 !
Forwarder and or from HBC.

I update the WiiTDB but not all the game I have in my HDD is found.

Here what i have done...

Install 2 games via WBFS Manager
Name are incorrect
Update the WiiTDB via GX, restart the loader, nothing happen
Then, press 2 then 1 and it create a file in apps/usb_loagergx that include a link for my web navigator.
I do so, it create WiiTDB.zip, I put this in my SD/Config and now the title of the 2 games is OK

But, I installed and third game and cannot get the correct title via the loader.

GX update give a Wiitdb_wbfs1.zip while i already have wiitdb.zip from my pc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Been so long since I modded a ps3 I almost forget the process. I know its easy, USB stick and software.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and from that, crystal BLUE meth, jesse PINKman, walter WHITE
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I haven't even got him a new HD yet, lol, have to run tomorrow
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4.89evilnat iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    4.9 evilnat out now, but Yea same basically
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, whats evilnat?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also i feel like coming back to roblox
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A bad guy that got arrested for abusing bug extermination
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Custom firmware for ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i dont think i have evilnat, i only have ps3hen, multiman and webman
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea it would be ps3HEN, those others are apps, kinda
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn I forget what I had to do to get a 2tb HD to work on ps3, but only use 1.5tb. I think I used WD format tool, been so long, you know kennyboy?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Put your duck in the slit and press the insert button
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that worked, thanks!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, wut the heck
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just format it to ntfs or fat32 I don't remember
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh when you put it in the ps3, it asks to format I thought. I just look it up when I get the new hd.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sorry but i cant join the conversation despite having a ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Run it in safe mode
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never knew linksys was owned under foxconn
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Evilnat is custom firmware for PS3, ofc.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I used to have Rebug on there, but I didn't like how they weren't pushing a lot of updates.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why update something a small percent cares about
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm mostly upgrading his hd, he has a 120gb in it now, lol, gonna give him a 2tb (1.5tb), not sure if he has it cfw or not, i haven't even turned it on yet. Ill mess w it tomorrow, I'm busy killing clowns right now.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is he paying you
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Is he paying you