icebrg5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there a version of wii2600 that lets you load roms from the usb hard drive instead of the sd card?

Link please if there is.

sabandellos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is there a version of wii2600 that lets you load roms from the usb hard drive instead of the sd card?
Link please if there is.

You can try to propose it to the gbatemp user lucor001 .He has done 2 great "usb upgrades" (as far as I know), to Atari7800 and Intellivision emulators.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tell him to do this to mame too... as i have the same issue with it..

http://code.google.com/p/sdl-mame-wii/issues/detail?id=18

lucor001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi - I don't check gbatemp.net much anymore (just busy at home) so sorry for the delay.

I looked at my wii2600 (stock v0.2) and it appears to load from the USB already, without modification.

Both my app and roms are located on the USB drive and I just tried loading a game quickly to double-check, works fine.

What trouble are you having? Any details you can give me?

As for MAME - that'd be cool, but sadly I've never played with MAME myself. This coupled with my overall lack of time in general for Wii pursuits I doubt I'll get around to it, sorry.

sp_dork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the problem I am having with wii2600 is it is only looking in SD card for roms. When I go to config and highlight paths, which all say SD...., it wont let me change any. How do I change the paths to USB? Also wii7800 gives me a "error reading cartridge" msg. What an I doing wrong? Thanks in avance.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Anyway, while I'm reading this thread with multiple Atari and other emulator related question / requests, I'll add one:
(Just in case anyone's listening with the needed skills and time.)

*ahem*

Anyone know how to add direct ROM loading argument support to one of these emulators?
Anyone know any of them that already do that?

(Just looking for something to add to WiiFlow's growing collection of emulator plugins.)

DRS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So the problem I am having with wii2600 is it is only looking in SD card for roms. When I go to config and highlight paths, which all say SD...., it wont let me change any. How do I change the paths to USB? Also wii7800 gives me a "error reading cartridge" msg. What an I doing wrong? Thanks in avance.
Unplug the SD card may help. When a SD is mounted its usually set to default device so every file without explicit device prefix is loaded from it. If you just have USB hooked up it should use that as default. At least, this is how libogc and HBC work; I played around with USB a few weeks ago:)

lucor001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if it matters, but I actually load the homebrew off of my USB (can't remember off hand the key to change it in the homebrew channel (maybe 1?) to load from USB. I have most of my apps in a /apps/ dir on my USB drive. I don't think it should matter though - could be a formatting thing on the USB drive? maybe cluster size or active/primary partition?

sp_dork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything is on a 1.5 tb WD hdd, no SD card at all. 30 gig fat32 and the rest 1 WBFS partion.

fceugx, snes9x, wii64, vbagx all work fine off USB loaded from USBLoaderGX and HBC. genplus only loads from HBC not USBLoaderGX.

wii2600 and wii7800 will load from either but no roms found and no way to change path.

Thank you for all your help and suggestions.

turntablez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi - I don't check gbatemp.net much anymore (just busy at home) so sorry for the delay.

I looked at my wii2600 (stock v0.2) and it appears to load from the USB already, without modification.

Both my app and roms are located on the USB drive and I just tried loading a game quickly to double-check, works fine.

I know this thread has been open for a while. I am actually looking to see if the usb option ability on wii2600 can be disabled. That option causes my wii to dump when it looks at my usb drive that works perfectly with ever other emulator but wii2600. I have to unplug it every time before I hit the A button or else it will dump. If lucor001 can give me the boot.dol for wii2600 that is modified that way....he would be a life saver. I keep all of my roms on my sd for atari anyway cause theyre not very big. I am going to message lucor001 as well if he doesn't see the reply. Thanks all!

Gavin_Maskell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi all, i was wondering if there had been any direction on how to get Wii2600 running off a USB/HDD.

Currently i have the app and Roms on my WD Elements drive but when i load it i get the Stack Dump Screen. However, it works perfectly from SD card. I can even get it to work reading the ROMS off my HDD if the app is on the SD card but i would liek to get the app to work through the HDD

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi all, i was wondering if there had been any direction on how to get Wii2600 running off a USB/HDD.

Currently i have the app and Roms on my WD Elements drive but when i load it i get the Stack Dump Screen. However, it works perfectly from SD card. I can even get it to work reading the ROMS off my HDD if the app is on the SD card but i would liek to get the app to work through the HDD
Stack Dumps I believe are errors referred to memory reading.
Basically, the version of the app you're using is not compatible with USB.

In the case of Atari2600, I'd like to recommend you to use RetroArch instead.

Here's an outdated guide on how to set it up: https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-wii-setting-it-up-mini-tutorial.590900/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://youtu.be/9FcXxqthgUM?feature=shared&t=169