Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying various intermediate releases up until and including the new r598 release from this morning.

I have deleted my wiiflow.ini and allowed WiiFlow to recreate it, I've replaced my themes/default.ini with the one from the svn.

I am running a 2TB USB formatted as a single FAT32 volume and loading app and wiiflow files from the USB. It is a pretty vanilla setup - I am not doing any NAND emulation - just straight running of the games from the hard disk.

I am (and have been for some time/releases) getting black screens when launching games - all games. I have tried changing video mode options from the default Game to System to NTSC and others and still get black screens.

I have been assuming that it has been just one set of broken releases after another but it seems that others have been getting these newer releases to work so I have to ask the question - is anyone else running a vanilla system like me?

Everything runs perfectly in r523 on the same hard disk. I can leave the video setting to System and all games run fine w/o having to change individual game settings. As things progressed from r523 I had to switch the default to Games to get things to run and then many games required changing the individual game options to System or NTSC to run correctly.

Last night I put r597 on a small flash drive with 25 games on it and it ran perfectly so I am wondering if there is some sort of memory corruption on my monster 2TB system with 1157 games.

Fix - is there any way I can help debug this on my big system? I would really like to use the new banner feature but since it is blackscreening on all games now I can't put it to use. TIA.

Edit: Ok, this is weird... for fun I decided to copy my apps/wiiflow and wiiflow/settings and wiiflow/themes folder from the small flash drive to my big 2TB drive and now it is working. I'm going to swap back the individual pieces and hopefully find what has been messing things up... stay tuned.
Just a thought - I once had problems while everyone else was doing fine - turns out my emu nand was messed up some how and when I went to settings and set all nand emu off things started working. you might want to look into that if you use emu nand for game saves. Good luck!

luck_gh0st

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe slightly off topic but does anyone know of a fsck/chkdsk typle of app for wii so I don't have to take the SD/HD out of the wii?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone knows how to make the Wiiflow mod start with IOS 222 instead of 249? I already got this working for cfg but would really like to use Wiiflow, since my Lacie HDD only works with ios 222. I found older versions that start automatically in 222 but those versions don't incorporate emulators and all.
It's funny that you mention this about 222 because last week or so I kept trying to compile it for 222 becausebI still had some old fowarder ISO for WiiWare and VC games on my FAT partition. a week ago, I changed the 249 to 222 in the makefile and it compiled ok but when I booted the dol, it would tell me to use either 249 or 250. Now since they've changed the code and added basic support for hermes and wanin cIOS in r593. Now the dol will boot but 222 still can't be chosen (for me anyway). Personally I don't really need it anymore because my WiiWare and VC games show up on the other USB partition (just not with the games like they used to) (which I like better anyway) .
So I will upload it so that you can try it but it didn't let me choose 222 as an option. But maybe your setup is different than mine so no promisses here ----
http://www.mediafire...mv5704y3551sg35
You should be able to use a meta argument too, but i don't know what to add to meta.xml, maybe someone else can help here?

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok. I am writting now because i try everything to put covers in my plugins. My Wii games dont have problems with covers but my nes roms i gave-up. Well my roms is in HDD FAT 32 in the root (fceugx). My covers is in the SD (Wiiflow/boxcovers/fceugx) with rename (rom.nes.png). I download the boxcovers from Mastershoes. Well i need help!!!

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bostonBC: The newer revs of Wiiflow have a new AP that's activated when the amount of games on your hdd reaches a certain nr. If Wiiflow blackscreens for you it needs the original game disc first to verify you really own that game.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying various intermediate releases up until and including the new r598 release from this morning.

I have deleted my wiiflow.ini and allowed WiiFlow to recreate it, I've replaced my themes/default.ini with the one from the svn.

I am running a 2TB USB formatted as a single FAT32 volume and loading app and wiiflow files from the USB. It is a pretty vanilla setup - I am not doing any NAND emulation - just straight running of the games from the hard disk.

I am (and have been for some time/releases) getting black screens when launching games - all games. I have tried changing video mode options from the default Game to System to NTSC and others and still get black screens.

I have been assuming that it has been just one set of broken releases after another but it seems that others have been getting these newer releases to work so I have to ask the question - is anyone else running a vanilla system like me?

Everything runs perfectly in r523 on the same hard disk. I can leave the video setting to System and all games run fine w/o having to change individual game settings. As things progressed from r523 I had to switch the default to Games to get things to run and then many games required changing the individual game options to System or NTSC to run correctly.

Last night I put r597 on a small flash drive with 25 games on it and it ran perfectly so I am wondering if there is some sort of memory corruption on my monster 2TB system with 1157 games.

Fix - is there any way I can help debug this on my big system? I would really like to use the new banner feature but since it is blackscreening on all games now I can't put it to use. TIA.

Edit: Ok, this is weird... for fun I decided to copy my apps/wiiflow and wiiflow/settings and wiiflow/themes folder from the small flash drive to my big 2TB drive and now it is working. I'm going to swap back the individual pieces and hopefully find what has been messing things up... stay tuned.
Just a thought - I once had problems while everyone else was doing fine - turns out my emu nand was messed up some how and when I went to settings and set all nand emu off things started working. you might want to look into that if you use emu nand for game saves. Good luck!
Thanks, I checked and I am not using NAND at all. It looks like it is an issue with the settings or themes that I was using (that work fine on r523). Have to finish some things for work but will further diagnose it later today.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bostonBC: The newer revs of Wiiflow have a new AP that's activated when the amount of games on your hdd reaches a certain nr. If Wiiflow blackscreens for you it needs the original game disc first to verify you really own that game.
Huh? For regular old Wii games? I am running r598 right now and it is slow to load games but it is working on my monster 2TB system with 1157 games - and I do not have my original game disks in.

Can you elaborate further on this? Kind of defeats the purpose of a USB loader if it is true.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I am writting now because i try everything to put covers in my plugins. My Wii games dont have problems with covers but my nes roms i gave-up. Well my roms is in HDD FAT 32 in the root (fceugx). My covers is in the SD (Wiiflow/boxcovers/fceugx) with rename (rom.nes.png). I download the boxcovers from Mastershoes. Well i need help!!!
are your wii game covers on SD too? check your wiiflow.ini and look under [GENERAL] for directory paths. there should be two of them for covers - one flat and one full. make sure you are using SD or USB - whatever it says in wiiflow.ini

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep , i can acnowledge that, i have seen the code.
Is it based on # of games or # of times you played the game. It was blackscreening before I deleted the settings that say how many times the game has been run.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Huh? For regular old Wii games? I am running r598 right now and it is slow to load games but it is working on my monster 2TB system with 1157 games - and I do not have my original game disks in.

Can you elaborate further on this? Kind of defeats the purpose of a USB loader if it is true.
The purpose of an USB loader is to be able to play your own backups.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The purpose of an USB loader is to be able to play your own backups.
I stand corrected.

Can someone clue me into what rev this new 'feature' appeared?

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This AP is for Wii games. Devolution inspired us to build this into Wiiflow and we're not giving any information about the rev, the amount of games or whatever
Ok, thanks. I understand completely but have a feeling usage of WiiFlow will drop off with this 'feature' installed.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also *cough cough rigged elections cough cough*