Hacking WiiFlow Lite

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@XDeltaone

Im using original Wii, but ill test MKWii on my side to see i can reproduce the issue using SD. Its been quite a long time since i ripped MKWii and have used my dump for many projects with no problems, but am not 100% sure i used CleanRip. It is possible i ripped using WFL, GX, CFG, and have always used USB to play original and mods. Ill report back my results soon.

Ok, i have started MKWii 6-8 straight boots with no problems using SD with these Startup Settings:

Force Load cIOS = Off
Force cIOS Revision = AUTO
USB port = 0
Mount SD only = No

In NAND Emulation Settings, make sure
Saves NAND Emulation = Off

If your settings are the same as mine are and you are still experiencing issues...

1. Rip MKWii again using CleanRip...maybe you have a bad dump.
2. Maybe your MKWii save file is corrupted...this could very well be your issue.
3. Is it possible vWii is causing this issue...IDK but it seems unlikely.
4. Is it possible your SD card is faulty....also unlikely since you have no problems booting Wiimms MKW which you most likely used your original MKWii iso as the base.

Just for reference sake, i am using SanDisk 32GB (1) ImageMate. $8 - 10 dollars, so nothing fancy.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,
Reactions: XDeltaOne

XDeltaOne

Have a good time ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@XDeltaone

Im using original Wii, but ill test MKWii on my side to see i can reproduce the issue using SD. Its been quite a long time since i ripped MKWii and have used my dump for many projects with no problems, but am not 100% sure i used CleanRip. It is possible i ripped using WFL, GX, CFG, and have always used USB to play original and mods. Ill report back my results soon.

Ok, i have started MKWii 6-8 straight boots with no problems using SD with these Startup Settings:

Force Load cIOS = Off
Force cIOS Revision = AUTO
USB port = 0
Mount SD only = No

In NAND Emulation Settings, make sure
Saves NAND Emulation = Off

If your settings are the same as mine are and you are still experiencing issues...

1. Rip MKWii again using CleanRip...maybe you have a bad dump.
2. Maybe your MKWii save file is corrupted...this could very well be your issue.
3. Is it possible vWii is causing this issue...IDK but it seems unlikely.
4. Is it possible your SD card is faulty....also unlikely since you have no problems booting Wiimms MKW which you most likely used your original MKWii iso as the base.

Just for reference sake, i am using SanDisk 32GB (1) ImageMate. $8 - 10 dollars, so nothing fancy.
I did it myself today and I made my SD Card 256 Sandisk Extreme Pro from scratch and so far everything works perfectly. Still thanks for your great help;)

Last edited by XDeltaOne,
Reactions: RunningSnakes

XDeltaOne

Have a good time ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey Wiiflow Lite Team is everything great? I have a question about two patches, namely Vipatch and patch video modes. What are the patches doing.

Last edited by XDeltaOne,

Muliro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, sorry if this is very offtopic.
I was wandering if somebody an help me customizing a theme.
I really liked Rhapsodii, both Shima and Hakaisha one, I want to know if I can set a background for each system in Hakaisha theme or a way to remove the spin menu in Shima theme.

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I share an emuNAND between WiiFlow, USB Loader GX and NEEK2O. It is under USB1:/nands and a copy under SD:/nands as a backup. I have not found a way to select the device to (USB1 / SD). I can scroll through the emuNANDs below it, but I don't know if it is USB1 or SD.

And another one. From one day to the next, WiiFlow thinks that the photo channel (HAAA) is in the emuNAND, which is not true. USB Loader GX and NEEK do not see it. Which file do I have to delete or edit so that the channel disappears?

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I share an emuNAND between WiiFlow, USB Loader GX and NEEK2O. It is under USB1:/nands and a copy under SD:/nands as a backup. I have not found a way to select the device to (USB1 / SD). I can scroll through the emuNANDs below it, but I don't know if it is USB1 or SD.

And another one. From one day to the next, WiiFlow thinks that the photo channel (HAAA) is in the emuNAND, which is not true. USB Loader GX and NEEK do not see it. Which file do I have to delete or edit so that the channel disappears?
in nands emulation settings go to last page (page 3) and select the partition. you may need to go back to page 1 and re select the emu nand.

As for the other problem - try the home menu and select reload cache.

Reactions: biggzsizzle

sharkticonnz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi all sorry if this has been asked before but so I have installed wiiflow lite on vwii and have used teconmoons injector wiivc using wiiflow boot.dol to create a wii u channel for it. It loads up fine from the wii u menu but when I try running a game i get a cannot load game error. when I run a game from vwii homebrew channel it works fine. do I have to have a wiiflow lite channel forwarder on the vwii menu ( currently I dont have) or is there another step I have to do? any help would be great thanks

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all sorry if this has been asked before but so I have installed wiiflow lite on vwii and have used teconmoons injector wiivc using wiiflow boot.dol to create a wii u channel for it. It loads up fine from the wii u menu but when I try running a game i get a cannot load game error. when I run a game from vwii homebrew channel it works fine. do I have to have a wiiflow lite channel forwarder on the vwii menu ( currently I dont have) or is there another step I have to do? any help would be great thanks
launching wii and wiiware/vc games requires cIOS and cIOS don't/can't work via a injected wiivc channel. only GC, plugins, and homebrew work.

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
in nands emulation settings go to last page (page 3) and select the partition. you may need to go back to page 1 and re select the emu nand.

As for the other problem - try the home menu and select reload cache.

Thank you for the tips. It has helped.

May I ask another question?

I would like to return to Wiiflow for games launched from Wiiflow, homebrew and emulators. So far, I have not been able to do this with the "returnto=DWFA" setting.

Since I have installed PriiLoader and it automatically starts the UNEO channel (USB Loader GX), I always end up in USB Loader GX.

Is there a way to return to Wiiflow while keeping the autoboot in PriiLoader when I have started a game, homebrew or emulator from Wiiflow?

Kayron_Kareem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me find the alternate wiiflow wait anitmations of the two hands touching and one with hand holding a flame. I thought for sure they came with wiiflow_lite but I cannot find them anywhere and I totally forgot where I got them from.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the tips. It has helped.

May I ask another question?

I would like to return to Wiiflow for games launched from Wiiflow, homebrew and emulators. So far, I have not been able to do this with the "returnto=DWFA" setting.

Since I have installed PriiLoader and it automatically starts the UNEO channel (USB Loader GX), I always end up in USB Loader GX.

Is there a way to return to Wiiflow while keeping the autoboot in PriiLoader when I have started a game, homebrew or emulator from Wiiflow?
if you are talking about homebrew and emulators you need to have the wiiflow hidden channel installed. wiflow sets homebrew and emulators up so that they use this hidden channel to return to wiiflow. wii and wiiware/vc games use the returnto option.

XDeltaOne

Have a good time ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if you are talking about homebrew and emulators you need to have the wiiflow hidden channel installed. wiflow sets homebrew and emulators up so that they use this hidden channel to return to wiiflow. wii and wiiware/vc games use the returnto option.
What is wiiflow hidden channel?

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I didn't know that and used an alternative channel forwarder, so missed the hidden channel. Is there a technical reason for using this hidden channel instead of the visible channel forwarder? BTW the scummvm plugin does not return to wiiflow, even with the hidden channel. Do you know how this can be solved?

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know that and used an alternative channel forwarder, so missed the hidden channel. Is there a technical reason for using this hidden channel instead of the visible channel forwarder? BTW the scummvm plugin does not return to wiiflow, even with the hidden channel. Do you know how this can be solved?
fix94 set up wiiflow to use that hidden channel a long time ago. possibly because he wanted to use it to tell wiiflow you are returning from a emu game and also maybe in case the user didn't want to use/install the forwarder channel thats visible on the system menu.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the standard visible channel alone won't permit "return to" for emu games?
no it won't. wiiflow loads its own stub.bin (tiny loader) into memory to replace the HBC stub. so the emus think they are loaded from HBC but they are not. the stub.bin looks for that hidden channel and launches it to return to wiiflow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hi