PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@SaulFabre I guess you haven't included my code? Individual settings handling seems to be working same as before.

Strange sound problem on Vib-Ribbon I've mentioned earlier seems to be fixed in last release (or, at least, I can't reproduce this bug anymore). But other problems are not fixed (yet?) - Return Fire still freezes after selecting weapon, Pro Pinball - Timeshock still work way too fast.

Have anyone experienced any problems with CHD/ZStrandard/FLAC files? I'm considering recompress all my CHD/Zlib/FLAC files (and compress those that are uncompressed yet), so I'm asking if anyone noticed any problem (and I know that CHD support, even with Zlib, is strongly improved in latest versions).

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Pro Pinball - Timeshock still work way too fast.
This also happens in WiiSX and even in the Wii Libretro core of PCSX-ReARMed, sadly.

Return Fire still freezes after selecting weapon
does this happens on upstream PCSX-ReARMed btw?

Have anyone experienced any problems with CHD/ZStrandard/FLAC files? I'm considering recompress all my CHD/Zlib/FLAC files (and compress those that are uncompressed yet), so I'm asking if anyone noticed any problem (and I know that CHD support, even with Zlib, is strongly improved in latest versions).
i think the most compatible CHD compression on Wii is ZStandard only, but people also reported that ZStandard+FLAC (which achieves a little more compression than ZStandard only) also work fine in most games.
I guess you haven't included my code? Individual settings handling seems to be working same as before.
Still no, btw.
If you want, i could compile a special build with your code change suggestion and i'll tell you here.

imfiru

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Thanks so much for this latest build of wiistation. The stabillity has been improved and runs better than ever. My only question is about some lines in vertical transitions, like if the emulation doesnt had activated vsync. Is anyone having this issues? I'm running wiistation in 240p mode with CRT TV, by component cable. Other emulators give me perfect 240p image with no image glitches.

Reactions: SaulFabre

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
you can download RetroArch on your PC, install the PCSX-ReARMed core in here using the Core Online Updater, and then try launching that game in the core for see if happens here too.
Yeah except that only RA 1.7.9 which is an old version seems to be the one that is the most stable and some cores modern cores dont work well there.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks so much for this latest build of wiistation. The stabillity has been improved and runs better than ever. My only question is about some lines in vertical transitions, like if the emulation doesnt had activated vsync. Is anyone having this issues? I'm running wiistation in 240p mode with CRT TV, by component cable. Other emulators give me perfect 240p image with no image glitches.
that has been a thing since the rebrand of Wiistation, whereas on WiiSX there seem to be gone.

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
If only stability could be improved instead of prioritizing other less relevant aspects or adding new plugins and so on that set back the improvement of emulator...
This is a general issue these days, not limited to Wiistation.
Take a look at most of the decomps that we had in the last few years. Before getting the games to run 100% with clean code, people start adding tons of features that make it impossible to properly debug and fix anything.
It also doesn't help that interest in Wii (and most retro consoles) is extremely limited.

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What does this mean? Because it is necessary to read the HID INI (.ini) configuration file of the USB, it is always necessary to initialize the USB.
Maybe this fixes the issues of HID controllers that cannot be used if we're loading WiiStation from USB?

Tested the new build to see if the HID .ini file is read from the USB device (still Dualshock 3 054C 0268 in port 1, Wiistation on port 0)

... and it doesn't work.

The four leds continue to blink, and the controller does not respond. :(

Note: I noticed in the ini.file (https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/blob/main/Gamecube/release/controllers/054C_0268.ini) that the Home button is not set (is ist normal ? shouldn't it be Power=04,01 ? -that's the offset in HIDTest -)

cereal_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally, I managed to make the PS3 controller work on the Wiistation, it only works via sdcard, it doesn't work via USB, what happened, I was using the Nintendo controllers folder and the nomenclature was different from the Wiistation, now it's perfect, I'll leave it here Complete, just play.
how did you manage to get it to work? Nevermind, figued everything out on my own. Thanks for the files though

Last edited by cereal_killer,

cereal_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I let us know what u did?

if by "Can I...." you mean Can you, :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:then ok,

1. I checked whether PID & VID values corresponded to those of my controller
2. Then I just added the controllers folder to the required folder on the root of my sd card

and there you go, the controller got identified and worked right away

Now, the question is how to understand and convert what i see on HIDTest when I press buttons into corresponding values in an .ini controller config file. I wanna get a PS4 controller going too and I've made some progress, everything works, only couple of buttons left to be mapped

0arsoluto

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
hello. some emulator updates do not respond to the gamecube controller or wiimote. I launch the games from Wiiflow. Could that be it? mention that I deleted the configuration files before putting a new update. thank you. all the best

Hyllian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So....what can be done to fix the awful frame stutter from current builds? really sucks cause i really love the new sound interpolation.
I feel that pain too, bro :P.

I'm using two builds, the last jokkipo's 2.4 fastest version that run SOTN smoothly. And the last 3.x for other games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety