Hacking wwpacker

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah, ive tried just leaving as NTSC, and using brute patching to a few dif setting, same. I run my PAL wii in 480p, the other strange thing is that the game forces the display back into 480i :\

alpha0000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
What's new in v1.70:
- 13 scripts updated.
- scripts now accept more than one files/folders dropping on them.
- packer scripts accept w?d files too. They would unpack the w?d files automatically and repack the extracted folders into new w?d files.
- packer scripts would output new w?d files with proper label appended to their file name.
- scripts would entirely remove the already existent target folder before unpacking. (be care)
----

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great work alpha0000, thanks for your continued dedication to this project. It is very useful.

alpha0000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
What's new in v1.71:
- improve error handling of the scripts.
- bfgr packer would disable the watermark when having original ticket signed.
- when repacking a wad file, the automatic extracted wad folder would be removed entirely at the end.

-----

JimmyBobAlex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thx for your continuing contributions, the dlc region changing bat is useful.

I was wondering if you knew why generating a generic ticket when packing cuts off the second part of the title id in the .tik file in DLC wads? ex. wIVE WIVE, the "WIVE" seems to get replaced whereas it stays if you use a watermark like "bfgrfreeeee" or "kikekakerules". I think that when the second part gets cut off the wad in no longer installable.

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
using the latest wwunpacker.bat i am getting an find: /C/pagefile.sys: Permission denied at the end of the unpacking process

EDIT: BTW alpha-0, what is the actual compression that wiiware/wwcxtool actually uses? is it a derivative of LZ77? I ask this as i just worked out that the LZ77JCBE.rom from Super Mario RPG is in this compression. Also the 00000001.app from Super Mario RPG uses this compression

alpha0000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
JimmyBobAlex said:
Thx for your continuing contributions, the dlc region changing bat is useful.

I was wondering if you knew why generating a generic ticket when packing cuts off the second part of the title id in the .tik file in DLC wads? ex. wIVE WIVE, the "WIVE" seems to get replaced whereas it stays if you use a watermark like "bfgrfreeeee" or "kikekakerules". I think that when the second part gets cut off the wad in no longer installable.
Thanks for your bug report. I will ask fxxkmii to remove this stupid generic ticket switch. (although I can remove it by myself).

QUOTE(stev418 @ Dec 14 2008, 11:34 AM) using the latest wwunpacker.bat i am getting an find: /C/pagefile.sys: Permission denied at the end of the unpacking process

EDIT: BTW alpha-0, what is the actual compression that wiiware/wwcxtool actually uses? is it a derivative of LZ77? I ask this as i just worked out that the LZ77JCBE.rom from Super Mario RPG is in this compression. Also the 00000001.app from Super Mario RPG uses this compression
The newest scripts use 'find' system command to check various output strings at the prompt. I don't know why you got this error. Anyway, I will report this to fxxkmii. Could you send me a pm with all the lines displayed at the prompt?
EDIT: Did the scripts work properly? Did a packer script repack a wad file successfully without leaving an extracted folder at the end?

Yes, wiiware/wwcxtool actually uses two derivatives of LZ77 (C0 and C1 in wwcxtool). C0 compression is found in banner.bin/logo.bin (00000000.app) and sometimes in 00000001.app. But C1 compression is only found in 00000001.app.

alpha0000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
What's new in v1.72:
- the feature "bfgr packer disable watermark" added in v1.71 is removed. DLC Region script should work again now.
- fix the path of find.exe inside the scripts. Now it's not a matter whether you got another find.exe in PATH.

-----

alpha0000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
What's new in v1.75:
- add the app "WiiGF" which is the tool to patch iso/dol/elf files.
- wwpacker-plus and wwpacker-custom scripts are now support patching 001 fix, 002 fix and balance board fix.
- filename labels are much clear when using the features in wwpacker-plus and wwpacker-custom scripts.

-----

alpha0000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
fxxkmii and I got no plan in making a GUI.
It's because this project really got no plan.
tongue.gif

Pyrii

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I've been working with some lz7 files from Let's Tap ( http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=129...=0#entry1715918 ) and just noticed that the reason the headers are borked is because the resulting data is too large for a normal header, I wondered if this could use some investigation from you into how to make wwcxtool not only read these new headers, but calculate the needed filesize. I tried cutting the header and racking up the file/chunksize byte and hit the max (F7), but not enough data is pushed out. But the data that is pushed out is good (apart from the poor file that gets cut off)

I'm still working on it, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

alpha0000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
What's new in v1.76:
- update "WiiGF" to v2.00 (more iso functions).

What's new in v1.77:
- update "WiiGF" to v2.01 (improve performance).
- update "wwcxtool" to v1.10 which supports files over 16MB.
-----

Pyrii

Trophies
XP
Country
As I've said in PM, thanks much for the update to wwcxtool to support SEGA's lz7 hack :3 Certainly a handy set of tools I keep with me :3

alpha0000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
What's new in v1.78:
- update "WiiGF" to v2.02 (fix program exit code for update partition management/replacement).
- update "wwcxtool" to v1.20 (average compression speed is 33 times faster than the last version).

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Could you give out more infon on "wwcxtool"
It should be a great compression thingy, but it seems when I recompress an ash with wwcxtool the wii won't work with it.

alpha0000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
WiiShizzza said:
Could you give out more infon on "wwcxtool"
It should be a great compression thingy, but it seems when I recompress an ash with wwcxtool the wii won't work with it.
Ash? What's this format?

--------
wwcxtool is the compression tool for two derivatives of LZ77 used by nintendo.
The first byte of compressed data is the type of LZ77. That is, 0x10 or 0x11. The following 3 bytes is the size of uncompressed data. If it is 0, then the following 4 bytes become the size of uncompressed data.

In some containers like banner.bin or icon.bin, a header string "LZ77" is added before the compressed data with the LZ77 type 0x10.

In wiiware, these LZ77 derivatives can be used on 00000001.app (main.dol) without header string "LZ77". But it should be with the end padding bytes to make its size a multiple of 32 byte.

Since header string "LZ77" is not a must for this compression, it is quite difficult to identify a file for this compression. Luckily, dol files always got 0x00 for the first byte. Therefore, it is possible to identify a 00000001.app file, but not the other.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: