YouTube ReVanced project releases app manager that patches out ads from the main YouTube app

vancned.png

Rising from the ashes of YouTube Vanced is the ReVanced project, which has seen a major milestone with the release of the ReVanced Manager app. ReVanced came to be after Google went after the original YouTube Vanced app with a cease and desist, resulting in the end of the sideloadable Android app that allowed users to skip sponsors, ads, and other tweaks usually exclusive to the paid YouTube Premium subscription, but for free.

ReVanced does those same things, but exists in the form of an Android app patch, as distributing a pre-patched .apk YouTube client is illegal. Additionally, this project is fully open-source, and you can follow its development on GitHub. Previously, users have been able to use the ReVanced patch, though it required building the patch from the source code. Now, however, the ReVanced Manager has been released, which simply and easily patches the YouTube app. Currently, the manager is in an alpha release, and offers support for patching out timeline ads on Twitter, or general advertisements on the official Reddit app, alongside the primary focus of adding quality of life features to both YouTube and YouTube Music.

This alpha release follows the recent news of YouTube trying out anywhere from 5 to 10 unskippable bumper ads before videos.

:arrow: Source

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Do you have Vanced microG installed ?
Did ypu enable said patch option when making the patching process
i thought that was preinstalled when i installed the patched apk, do i need to install it separately?
Since you got it working once, I am pretty confident that you can do it again. I would just uninstall all youtube apps+updates and start the process over the way you got it to work the first time.
but i got it working with the play store version of youtube which supposedly doesn't work with it. maybe something borked the patching process. i'll try the microg thingy first then.

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Do you have Vanced microG installed ?
Did ypu enable said patch option when making the patching process

It can work for some systems, despite telling you that it the version isn't supported.
having microg installed finally got it working :D. now i can finally watch adless without having to support google.
now i wonder why it was working before, i never installed microg.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
having microg installed finally got it working :D. now i can finally watch adless without having to support google.
now i wonder why it was working before, i never installed microg.
I added a point about having Vanced microG installed in my proceedure list to patch it properly, right before entering the patcher point.

Reactions: hyprskllz

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I know nobody has asked for it yet, but I have had issues with playstore automatically updating my youtube install, despite updates being disabled in the play store itself, breaking my revanced patch settings.

I was able to detach YouTube and YT Music from the playstore to prevent any form of automatic updating.

I believe you do need ROOT for this:

With TeMiFi, detach youtube from play store doing the following in the menu:
> Application Info / Manage
> Detach Package from Playstore
> DETACH: Select package then Protection Level
> Youtube - com.google.android.youtube
> 3- invalidate the data, block any attempted corrections and elicit an error in the calling client

Reactions: yoyoyo69

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I know nobody has asked for it yet, but I have had issues with playstore automatically updating my youtube install, despite updates being disabled in the play store itself, breaking my revanced patch settings.

I was able to detach YouTube and YT Music from the playstore to prevent any form of automatic updating.

I believe you do need ROOT for this:

With TeMiFi, detach youtube from play store doing the following in the menu:
> Application Info / Manage
> Detach Package from Playstore
> DETACH: Select package then Protection Level
> Youtube - com.google.android.youtube
> 3- invalidate the data, block any attempted corrections and elicit an error in the calling client
Ye you need root to detach. So it's honestly easier to download the right APK and then install it as root.

You have to tell Google to stop autoupdate on Youtube.

EDIT:

Enter Play Store.
Search for Youtube.
Go in to the Youtube app store page.
Press the "settings" thing on the top right.
Uncheck Auto-Update

Done! No Root needed.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You have to tell Google to stop autoupdate on Youtube
I did, but as I said, it kept updating anyway. It's a known issue, though I don't know how common.

Anyway, it even if one doesn't suffer from that kind of "glitch", there is the perk of being able to "update all" and not have youtube/ytmusic be on that list.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I did, but as I said, it kept updating anyway. It's a known issue, though I don't know how common.

Anyway, it even if one doesn't suffer from that kind of "glitch", there is the perk of being able to "update all" and not have youtube/ytmusic be on that list.
Oh I have just "de-listed" them. And if I press "update all" it will ask if I want to update them as well.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
TO EVERYONE HAVING ISSUES WITH THE INSTALLATION/PATCHING

After reading through several comments, I found that indeed, using the non-split version of YouTube as the base app for the Patcher solves the issue of the Revanced app not opening or opening to a black screen.

So basically, do this:
  1. Clear all the data of the official YouTube app you have installed, including update data, leave it as vanilla as possible.
  2. Download the non-split YouTube APK from here:
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/googl...ease/youtube-17-36-37-2-android-apk-download/
  3. Make sure you have Vanced microG installed before continuing.
  4. Then, open up the Revanced Patcher and patch the YouTube app with the newly installed non-split app as the base. Don't forget to select your custom changes if you so desire.
  5. Begin the patching process.
  6. After it's done, you might get a prompt about the Play Services warning you about the legality of the app, simply select "Install anyway"
  7. You should now see the "YouTube Revanced" app installed in your phone's home menu.
  8. Open it, and it should bring you right up to YouTube now with your custom options patched in
  9. Enjoy!
Send love towards this human.
This works, and I just have to make my youngest to open this instead of the normal YouTube app.

Question:
Does this impede our favorite creators from making a dime?
I don't mind watching an advert or two to support Karl Jobst, Kosmic, etc...

But my kid watches those numbers/colors videos,and there's millions of views on that already, so they won't loose much.

Thanks.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, not a YouTube client like before - you need the YouTube app still, but it patches YouTube where it acts like Vanced.

...And what makes them think this will not be taken down? Anyone remember YouTube-DL's takedown? Fortunately, it's been reinstated after proof was made that it wasn't actually trying to access paywalled gardens, but that could change with YouTube adding premium content...

MadMakuFuuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you're using an Android based smart tv you should just be using SmartTubeNext ...it's been doing what revanced has been doing for significantly longer and never got shut down.
for smart tvs, sticks and any box that uses a remore control, it is the best option indeed. and you can log into google accounts too, like a video, subscribe to channels, block sponsors, small takling, youtuber begging for you to watch their videos every 30 seconds... XD

for android smartphones, tablets whatever, i still think revanced (non-rooted) is currently the best option available, or the old vanced using the ShadowOne333 tips.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're working slowly. Google is now starting to block sign ins from modded youtube apps like Vanced and uYou+ (iOS)

For the reason of "the source cannot be verified if it is safe."

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en

This is the beginning. Once they lock out account sign in (without any bypass methods being discovered)...they'll lock out basic unsigned access too. When Vanced was supported, Google tried this a couple of times before and Vanced Dev had to push an update to fix it.

EDIT: I didn't see this official support link until now, but it sounds like all 3rd party sign in from YouTube like Kodi access is dead too
well ill keep rocking it until it dies.

whatever-happens-cowboy-bebop.gif

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/M4QW5Rn.mp4