YouTube ReVanced project releases app manager that patches out ads from the main YouTube app

vancned.png

Rising from the ashes of YouTube Vanced is the ReVanced project, which has seen a major milestone with the release of the ReVanced Manager app. ReVanced came to be after Google went after the original YouTube Vanced app with a cease and desist, resulting in the end of the sideloadable Android app that allowed users to skip sponsors, ads, and other tweaks usually exclusive to the paid YouTube Premium subscription, but for free.

ReVanced does those same things, but exists in the form of an Android app patch, as distributing a pre-patched .apk YouTube client is illegal. Additionally, this project is fully open-source, and you can follow its development on GitHub. Previously, users have been able to use the ReVanced patch, though it required building the patch from the source code. Now, however, the ReVanced Manager has been released, which simply and easily patches the YouTube app. Currently, the manager is in an alpha release, and offers support for patching out timeline ads on Twitter, or general advertisements on the official Reddit app, alongside the primary focus of adding quality of life features to both YouTube and YouTube Music.

This alpha release follows the recent news of YouTube trying out anywhere from 5 to 10 unskippable bumper ads before videos.

:arrow: Source

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
tried patching youtube, new apk doesn't open at all. maybe i'm missing something?

I did that too and it does the same, I have a Redmi 9

Installed, the manager reports as the patches being installed, but didn't do squat.

That used to happen to me.
When the patching installation finishes, it throws you a warning about the app not being recognized or something like that, and it gives you two options:
"Install anyway" or "OK"
If you click on "OK" it bypasses the installation, and you end up with nothing being patched/installed, except that the patcher app for some reason still says it did get installed (which is false).

You have to select the "Install anyway" option and make sure you get a message confirming the installation, or else you won't see anything.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have somehow managed to still keep the latest YouTube Vanced working on all of my devices, but with constant crashes and issues. This is a great release.

ExperiencersInternational

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gamersinternational.wixsite.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
still keep the latest YouTube Vanced working on all of my devices, but with constant crashes and issues

Vanced has never crashed for me, on a POCO X3 Pro on Android 12 on version 17.03.38.

Going to try the advice suggested above to get non APKS version of the YT app.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
TO EVERYONE HAVING ISSUES WITH THE INSTALLATION/PATCHING

After reading through several comments, I found that indeed, using the non-split version of YouTube as the base app for the Patcher solves the issue of the Revanced app not opening or opening to a black screen.

So basically, do this:
  1. Clear all the data of the official YouTube app you have installed, including update data, leave it as vanilla as possible.
  2. Download the non-split YouTube APK from here:
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/googl...ease/youtube-17-36-37-2-android-apk-download/
  3. Make sure you have Vanced microG installed before continuing.
  4. Then, open up the Revanced Patcher and patch the YouTube app with the newly installed non-split app as the base. Don't forget to select your custom changes if you so desire.
  5. Begin the patching process.
  6. After it's done, you might get a prompt about the Play Services warning you about the legality of the app, simply select "Install anyway"
  7. You should now see the "YouTube Revanced" app installed in your phone's home menu.
  8. Open it, and it should bring you right up to YouTube now with your custom options patched in
  9. Enjoy!
For Android TV users, I suggest using SmartTubeNext instead. It has more or less the same basic features from Vanced like SponsorBlock and being able to login to your main YouTube account. I've been using it for around a year now and it's been working wonderfully for me ever since. You can also register several accounts and change them right from the app with just a couple clicks away, so your browsing recommendations don't get clogged with random stuff from other people watching SmartTubeNext when you're not the one watching :D

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

After reading through several comments, I found that indeed, using the non-split version of YouTube as the base app for the Patcher solves the issue of the Revanced app not opening or opening to a black screen.

So basically, do this:
  1. Clear all the data of the official YouTube app you have installed, including update data, leave it as vanilla as possible.
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/googl...ease/youtube-17-36-37-2-android-apk-download/
  3. Then, open up the Revanced Patcher and patch the YouTube app with the newly installed non-split app as the base. Don't forget to select your custom changes if you so desire.
  4. Begin the patching process.
  5. After it's done, you might get a prompt about the Play Services warning you about the legality of the app, simply select "Install anyway"
  6. You should now see the "YouTube Revanced" app installed in your phone's home menu.
  7. Open it, and it should bring you right up to YouTube now with your custom options patched in
  8. Enjoy!

Some devices might not work well with that version, so it is good to check if it even works for you prior to patching.

I have a Nexus 5x that doesn't work with it, but it does download a split version of youtube from the play store, gets warnings from revanced manager, and still patches successfully.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Now.. if only they made a version for YouTube on Android TV... (and fire tv too but they're literally the same damn thing under the hood)

SmartTube Next does the exact same, and you can even sync your YouTube account to browse on it with full-on SponsorBlock and other nice features.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

ExperiencersInternational

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gamersinternational.wixsite.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After messing about with a while, the only issue is that SponsorBlock does not work. For example, here is a video that would have enough views to have sponsor info in the database yet it doesn't show up:

Screenshot_2022-09-19-22-31-01-344_app.revanced.android.youtube.jpg

And here's my settings by the way:

Screenshot_2022-09-19-22-32-04-780_app.revanced.android.youtube.jpg
Screenshot_2022-09-19-22-32-12-713_app.revanced.android.youtube.jpg

Really hope this gets fixed, this is the one thing that's really missing for me now.

Edit: I think it might just be an intermittent issue, it worked fine on another video, I've been having problems with PiP as well.

Last edited by VinsCool,

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
people keep speaking of the "Death" of vanced but i keep installing and it keeps working, never stopped working for me 🤔

They're working slowly. Google is now starting to block sign ins from modded youtube apps like Vanced and uYou+ (iOS)

For the reason of "the source cannot be verified if it is safe."

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en

This is the beginning. Once they lock out account sign in (without any bypass methods being discovered)...they'll lock out basic unsigned access too. When Vanced was supported, Google tried this a couple of times before and Vanced Dev had to push an update to fix it.

EDIT: I didn't see this official support link until now, but it sounds like all 3rd party sign in from YouTube like Kodi access is dead too

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

So basically, do this:
  3. Then, open up the Revanced Patcher and patch the YouTube app with the newly installed non-split app as the base. Don't forget to select your custom changes if you so desire.
  4. Begin the patching process.
  5. After it's done, you might get a prompt about the Play Services warning you about the legality of the app, simply select "Install anyway"
  6. You should now see the "YouTube Revanced" app installed in your phone's home menu.
  7. Open it, and it should bring you right up to YouTube now with your custom options patched in
  8. Enjoy!
sadly still doesn't work for me. the patched apk open up for a second then just kicked me to home screen again.

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Different phones have different compatibility issues. Couple points to try: if you could, did you try downloading from the google play store then try patching that first? if installing from a non google play store source (ie apk mirror), does the app work before you patch it?
tried the app from the play store, doesn't even open. nothing shows up when i tried to open the patched apk. then i tried the non split version from apkmirror, opens up before kicking me out again.

• Sad
Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
tried the app from the play store, doesn't even open. nothing shows up when i tried to open the patched apk. then i tried the non split version from apkmirror, opens up before kicking me out again.
Do the apps work before you patch?

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Do the apps work before you patch?
yep, tried the base app before patching, works without issues. the thing is i tried patching the apk from play store and works really well, but i disabled the custom name and icon. since don't like the idea of having two identical app with the same name and icons, i deleted the patched one and tried patching again, now it doesn't work no matter what method i tried patching it with.

Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
yep, tried the base app before patching, works without issues. the thing is i tried patching the apk from play store and works really well, but i disabled the custom name and icon. since don't like the idea of having two identical app with the same name and icons, i deleted the patched one and tried patching again, now it doesn't work no matter what method i tried patching it with.
Since you got it working once, I am pretty confident that you can do it again. I would just uninstall all youtube apps+updates and start the process over the way you got it to work the first time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: oof