Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Sven has published a new blog post about how he was able to get SDHC cards working on the Nintendo Wii. It's pretty technical, but explains to the process involved and lets authors know all they need to do to enable SDHC support is to compile the latest LibOGC. He also mentions the method doesn't support all SDHC cards on the market and asks end users (especially those with USB Gecko's) to drop by two different IRC channels to help test problem cards.

Sven's Blog

This is a great breakthrough.
biggrin.gif

Sayargh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
This is a great breakthrough.
biggrin.gif
It isn't really, Homebrew Channel has it already so they already figured this out, but it might be handy for other homebrew authors though i'll admit.

denzil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sayargh said:
Homebrew Channel has it already so they already figured this out
You got it wrong. Homebrew Channel (and homebrew in general through libogc) has got it because of svpe, who by the way is a "member" of Team Twiizers. That is him writing up his findings.

theman060606

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A quick related question: do both versions of HBC support SDHC? How do I determine which version I am running? I have the wiigator v3 backup loader working and would like to start playing with wiiware, but it would be nice to be using an SD card larger than 2GB as I have little space left already. Thanks.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
A quick related question: do both versions of HBC support SDHC? How do I determine which version I am running? I have the wiigator v3 backup loader working and would like to start playing with wiiware, but it would be nice to be using an SD card larger than 2GB as I have little space left already. Thanks.
It says beta 9 on the homebrew channel when you click home button

theman060606

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So as long as I have HBC 9 running I can copy the contents of my current 2GB SD card to a higher capacity SDHC card? Do all the apps/IOS/games which run off the card support SDHC? Thanks.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
apps/IOS/games which run off the card support SDHC? Thanks.
Quite allot done, some apps wont ever, as some of the coders have gone and died out of the wii scene into other things, but big apps etc, which usually always get updated anyway are ok
smile.gif

or if there open source, they just need updating with new libogc
smile.gif

urskog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What's the upper size limit for the SDHC support in HBC etc?
SDHC cards are available (atm) up to 32gigs, will the HBC be able to address the same amount or does it have a lower limit?

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
urskog said:
SDHC cards are available (atm) up to 32gigs, will the HBC be able to address the same amount or does it have a lower limit?

not sure about 32gb. but both my 8gb and 16gb work.

pro_viruz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cybernations.net
XP
Country
hartleyshc said:
urskog said:

I had 32 GB sdhc,but and i reformated it to FAT... but still not working all of my apss are not shown... any ideas on how to do it?

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
pro_viruz said:
hartleyshc said:
urskog said:

I had 32 GB sdhc,but and i reformated it to FAT... but still not working all of my apss are not shown... any ideas on how to do it?
Talk to svpe on #wiidev . He specifically asked for the help of people with non-working SDHC cards to debug it.

colmiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ugh i am a noob. i thought wads installed through wad manager installed on wii memory, ie i installed mega man 9 through wad manager, and a loader channel through there. is that taking up memory on my wii or on my memory card? as far as i can tell its on my wii memory bc i can use mega man and loader without the sd card inserted?

colmiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LegendaryXM90 said:
You just answered your own question...
let me clarify, from what i read on this thread, im getting the idea you can install vc content on your sd card, is that correct? and if so how would i go about doing that? it also seems you can installl more than just vc channels...and i dont mean things like applications for HBC, stuff like a loader channel

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought an 8gb sd card and I cant reformat it to fat , it will only let me format it as fat32 can someone help me ? I wanna try dumping my madden 09 game on it

please pm if you can help , I'm going off to bed now

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
air2004 said:
I just bought an 8gb sd card and I cant reformat it to fat , it will only let me format it as fat32 can someone help me ? I wanna try dumping my madden 09 game on it
FAT has a size-limit of 4GB. Can you guess why you can't format your 8GB card to it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.