Hacking I scratched my flashcart's PCB by accident

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was messing around with my old flashcart (it's not that useful anymore, it's a non-DSi cart, and currently I only own a DSi XL), and I accidentally scratched the PCB. It's not that deep, but I'm not sure if it'll cause problems. The scratch runs horizontally across 5 of the contacts (well, the board above the contacts), and it's a white mark. The flashcart's a Blue PCB EDGE card.

Will this cause problems?

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, don't have a camera available at the moment. But for more clarification, it's 1 mm above the contacts, and about 5 mm long (you Americans can convert that). Part of the scratch is pure white, some other parts barely scraped the color off. The scratch is paper-thin, but little bit wider at those line-things that come from the contacts.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Unless you have cut the tracks, it will be fine. It will either work, or it won't. If the tracks are cut, I wouldn't attempt to use it as you don't know how the DS will respond when it boots.

Presumably if you see 'pure white' you've cut through the tracks into the fibreglass, otherwise I imagine you'll see copper.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
Sorry, don't have a camera available at the moment. But for more clarification, it's 1 mm above the contacts, and about 5 mm long (you Americans can convert that). Part of the scratch is pure white, some other parts barely scraped the color off. The scratch is paper-thin, but little bit wider at those line-things that come from the contacts.

Erm...didn't you say you had a DSi XL?

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dunno, the tracks aren't really cut, they just turned white. I don't think the scratch was deep enough to cut the tracks.

EDIT: I can't use my DSi XL right now. My parents decided to take my hard-earned $300 (DSi XL, 3 games, a nice DSi XL case, my Acekard 2i. All purchased with my own money).

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Should be fine
wink.gif

G

GentleFist

just put it in your ds and test it out, if the lines are cut you can still try some soldering~~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-