Hacking 3.1-3.4 Twilight/Downgrade/Gamma Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

casey79westfalia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for somewhat noob question but. I already have the twilight hack and homebrew channel working on 3.4. i noticed it mentions that the twilight hack file needs to be renamed before copying over. Do i need to redo the hack for this to work. Liek I said homebrew channel is working and I installed the twilight hack that was for 3.4.

Basically i just want to verify that I am ready to move onto step 1 in the tutorial. Thanks. this is great news.

EmperorOfCanada

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
thawkins1 said:
Great thread for anyone who need help with this!
biggrin.gif

-Edit

I already have all of this done except the I can't get Starfall to install and I'm on 3.2. And when I boot cIOS downgrader it says "checking network" and then it does some error and just reboots the wii. Before you ask yes it's on wifi.

Try checking to see if you have multiple connections. If you do try deleting them and just setting up the first slot with the internet connection you will be using. Might be a longshot but I think Ive heard of this fixing something before.

*Edit*
srmagus said:
thawkins1 said:
Great thread for anyone who need help with this!
biggrin.gif

-Edit

I already have all of this done except the I can't get Starfall to install and I'm on 3.2. And when I boot cIOS downgrader it says "checking network" and then it does some error and just reboots the wii. Before you ask yes it's on wifi.
I had the same issue. What solved it for me was deleting all the connection settings in my Wii settings, other than the current Wifi I was using. Apparently the cIOS Downgrader couldn't tell that I was using the connection that was third on that list.

Guess I should have read a little further >.<

QUOTE(casey79westfalia @ Nov 26 2008, 10:54 AM)
Sorry for somewhat noob question but. I already have the twilight hack and homebrew channel working on 3.4. i noticed it mentions that the twilight hack file needs to be renamed before copying over. Do i need to redo the hack for this to work. Liek I said homebrew channel is working and I installed the twilight hack that was for 3.4.

Basically i just want to verify that I am ready to move onto step 1 in the tutorial. Thanks. this is great news.

You can completely ignore the Homebrew install part if you already have it installed
smile.gif

Kroam17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks, with this, I'll finally try to get things working. I do have a problem though.

Current firmware: 3.1E. Internet settings: only the first option used, others are blanc. HBC: beta9.

When I run the cIOS downgrader, I'm also getting the reboot as mentioned below. Since I've check the WiFi stuff, it should be something else. Any idea?

EDIT: I started at step 2 since I already got the HBC and never updated to higher than 3.1E. Problem also occurs at step 2.

Kroam17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe it's because I don't have a cIOS installed yet. Can someone explain in detail how to do this? cIOS Downgrades needs 37 rev 03 or higher (rev07?).

NeoGodSpeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So will this help the loading of need for speed undercover?

can Anyone confirm loading of NFS undercover without a modchip yet?

upgrading to v3.4 will fix the problem? Or NO it won't? and we need a modchip to fix it?

EmperorOfCanada

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
NeoGodSpeed said:
So will this help the loading of need for speed undercover?

can Anyone confirm loading of NFS undercover without a modchip yet?

upgrading to v3.4 will fix the problem? Or NO it won't? and we need a modchip to fix it?

No I never reccomend upgrading. At least not just to fix 1 game. I reccomend you wait until a fix is found I have no idea if NFS works in 3.4

NeoGodSpeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmperorOfCanada: thanks for your input this is Noted*

Time for a modchip D2E one I guess... Kep the input comming please thankyou, more about the modchip stuff now, because it looks like my only option.

Kroam17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK, it worked using AllRegionChanger. Everything's done and went well. Except for one thing: I can't play Naruto EX2 anymore.

Previously I used GeckoOs through HBC and it worked fine. Now, with starfall (used bottom three patches AND the three region free ones), the Wii recognizes the game but when I start it, the screen turns black for all eternity. GeckoOs doesn'w work anymore in HBC, I get an "invalid application" error or something like that.

Is this a known problem?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Kroam17 said:
Maybe it's because I don't have a cIOS installed yet. Can someone explain in detail how to do this? cIOS Downgrades needs 37 rev 03 or higher (rev07?).

exactly you don't have a cIOS installed, cIOS37_r3 was the last over IOS37, after r3 waninkoko continued with cIOS36_r4, r5, r6 ('cuz he found some issues) and the lastest is cIOS36_r7 wich I really recomend installing it via Wi-Fi, the .wad method didn't work or me very well, and actually the IOS get installed in IOS249, wich means we are using IOS36, patching it and then installing it in IOS249 place, got it?
biggrin.gif

P.S. Waninkoko's Projects Page

EDIT: If it get Stickified I'll help EoC (while I can, I'm not a coder you know)

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
just a quick update from Clarky before i retire for the evening got work in 8hrs lmao

anyways succesfully used this to go from 3.4 to 3.2/starfalled and gamma

no issues, no errors, just works

nice pack Emperor

yaynds.gif

VOTE FOR STICKY
excl.gif

purpe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
EmperorOfCanada said:
[STEP 2] [Perform these steps if you are NOT on version 3.2. If you ARE on 3.2, skip to STEP 3]

+Load cIOS Downgrader in Homebrew channel MAKING SURE you PICK YOUR CORRECT REGION. Follow prompts until done.
3.2U = USA/Canada, 3.2E = Europe, 3.2J = Japan
**Note: Once again, this is NOT the same as IOS Downgrader. This is what will upgrade or downgrade you to version 3.2 firmware
which will allow you to install starfall. Starfall is important because it is at this time one of the only ways to fix a
partially bricked Wii. It is also handy for skipping disk updates.

Ops, don't work.
I have 3.1E installed cause i can't play wii for a year, i had tried this step, but when i click on cIos downgrader wii simply reboot.

Any idea?

EmperorOfCanada

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah.. if thats the case then you are probably missing an ios that the cIOS downgrader requires. You could probably try the cios_fix and ios downgrade steps and that might bring you to the poiint where you can downgrade. If not well as soon as I look into it or someone posts a fix I will update the instructions
smile.gif
Thanks

purpe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
EmperorOfCanada said:
You could probably try the cios_fix and ios downgrade steps and that might bring you to the poiint where you can downgrade.

Bricked
cry.gif

Well it's say me that some system file are broken...

But i can reach the system menu, i'm trying to update to 3.4e then i try again...

purpe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, i'm more noob than others in the world...

i have succesfully upgraded to 3.4E

i have installed homebrew channel

i install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad

i install cios_fix.wad

i run ios downgrader 1.1

finished ok, but i still see 3.4E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it