Hacking AK Team declare AK2.1 more stable

OzModChips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well not every single supplier has bad stock
we go though stock heaps, so we are always getting new stock....
If we where still on the first 3 batches...

DS flash cards cost nothing to make in bulk

Just remember that while you think its logical to fix the issue, they might not

they might just think it will "pass over"
which is what i think has happened.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
I still haven't received my replacement from the Acekard team yet. It's almost been a month.
frown.gif

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
What's the percentage of bad units amongst gbatempers here, it seems higher than 10% to me. DX must be getting more bad batches than anyone else.

juicemousezero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got mine a few months ago and it's still chugging along. I think it won't be too much longer before it dies though (starting to get intermittent problems). I guess when it does I shouldn't buy a new one... Thanks for the info.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sidneyyoung said:
What's the percentage of bad units amongst gbatempers here, it seems higher than 10% to me. DX must be getting more bad batches than anyone else.

You don't get many people starting new threads because theirs is working, so it's impossible to say.

-Bri

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My AK2 from psxboy is going strong since 3/20.

EDIT: IMO if AK truly didn't care there would be no or less warranty. Right now a 1year warranty on a flashcart seems longer than most. Lately AK has been making a lot of "Sorry, the factory screwed up. We are correcting it." posts on the official forums. This is another step I think they would not bother to make if they really didn't care.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For those interested, the three relevant threads on the Acekard forum (with Acekard's posts quoted) are:

http://www.acekard.com/bbs/viewthread.php?...;page=2#pid6219

QUOTE said:
2008-5-8 22:18

This issue caused by some bad connection of ak2, which means the ak2 is broken and need repair. Please contact your reseller for replacment.
We're sorry about it and we've warned factory about this issue. I think it won't happened again.

http://www.acekard.com/bbs/viewthread.php?...;page=1#pid7187

QUOTE said:
2008-6-26 22:39

Sorry for my bad English. I mean the card is broken for some reason. And i think you can't fix it by yourself and we need improve the QC of factory.
Thank you.

http://www.acekard.com/bbs/viewthread.php?...;page=2#pid7185

2008-6-26 22:18

1. Fat Error comes from the QC of factory. That's to say the card is broken for some reason.
2. We always supply 1 year warranty. You can contact your dealer for a replacement first.
3. We'll keep developing all products of acekard.
4. Back to Fat Error, we've improved the QC and we hope the fault rate will go to a much lower level.

Thank you.

-Bri

jenngcia

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Acekard should just full out existing stocks, redesign the label, label it 2.1 (2.5, 3.0, whatever) even if the firmware is still the same. That's should clear things up in a month or so...

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've just retruned my Acekard 2 (which I loved for two days) with the FAT ERROR to dealextreme. I think I'll ask them could they replace it with the M3 Real.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:

Sorry for my bad English. I mean the card is broken for some reason. And i think you can't fix it by yourself and we need improve the QC of factory.
Thank you.

Well, of course people can't fix flashcarts by themselves. What are they saying.
Like, they are not gonna post a DIY fix tutorial and ask people to repair their AKs, will they?

The only thing I didn't like about my AK2 was its cheap looking cart design (like how something sticks out from behind the sticker and two parts are merely clipped together) and the cheap looking USB adapter.
(And they would actually be cheap, not just cheap-looking)

I guess it's not just the plastic part of AK2 hardware that's cheap.

Well, correct me if I'm wrong but I've never associated "Quality Control" with "Made in China". Oh, yeah, nothing to correct here.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
deathfisaro said:
QUOTE said:

Thank you.

Well, of course people can't fix flashcarts by themselves. What are they saying.
Like, they are not gonna post a DIY fix tutorial and ask people to repair their AKs, will they?
The quote is a response to a request:
QUOTE said:
Searinox-
Bad CONNECTION?! Not a burned out chip, not a blown out fuse? Just a bad CONNECTION? Just tell me what isn't connecting where and I'll just bridge it with a piece of wire.

Well, correct me if I'm wrong but I've never associated "Quality Control" with "Made in China". Oh, yeah, nothing to correct here.
Subscribe to stereotypes much? Tell me which flashcarts are made outside of China?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
gratefulbuddy said:
deathfisaro said:
QUOTE said:

Thank you.

The quote is a response to a request:
QUOTE said:
Searinox-
Bad CONNECTION?! Not a burned out chip, not a blown out fuse? Just a bad CONNECTION? Just tell me what isn't connecting where and I'll just bridge it with a piece of wire.

Subscribe to stereotypes much? Tell me which flashcarts are made outside of China?
CycloDS and DS-X...

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
helpme said:
@jabjab
why arnt you calling him a lier & a whiner
you didnt seem to have a problem calling us names last week.........
cant remember calling anyone a liar but i certainy called searinox a whiner, if you whined then yes ofc you got tarred with the same brush.

There is a big difference between an established reseller and a random whiner.
Resellers process hundreds and thousands of these cards - they can establish a true failure rate.
10% fails or so from these batches is quite significant but even ozmodchip man doesn't know for sure that the different deliveries they received were from 1 large factory run or seperate close ones or whatever.
They may however have a chance of finding something out.

Random whiner has the knowledge of his own card - OMG 100% FAILZ!!!11 K SUXXORS etc
They have no contact with AK (team or factory or whoever) or knowledge about batches (searinox's 'research' was based on feedback of other complainers so obvious bias introduced) and have no chance of gaining any real info. All they can achieve is spreading whines.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Seems natural to me, you're talking about a product that is being marketed as the absolute low cost for people too cheap to spend the $60 on a card that plays infinite games. So the news that they're made with inferior components and suffer issues does not make my monocle drop. Hell, you should be expecting this when you're only paying something like $10 for the card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: +1