Gaming Backwards compatibility is a "must"

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok......but check it, when did i EVER say that wii u emulation was a sure thing? I clearly spoke on nes snes n64 adamantly so idk WHY youre making it seem like im campaigning for wii u emu i never full stood behind the shit cuz i do know (despite ol boys opinion) about nintendo systems i might not have a degree for the shit but ive played Nins since i was 5 so i have a rough knowledge base of them.
Perhaps it's because the people responding to you aren't detracting from the possibility to emulate NES, SNES, and N64, but rather your statement about playing Wii U games, and yet you keep bringing those consoles up in your retorts to people saying Wii U isn't happening. Also, now you're equating playing Nintendo since you were five to having an engineering degree? This is exactly the type of thing that makes people dismissive of you.
So ill say it AGAIN for the mentally impaired NES SNES AND N64 SHOULD BE POSSIBLE OUT THE BOX WITHOUT ANY UPDATES BUT WII DS AND WII U MAY WORK WITH AN UPDATE THAT ENABLES THE FUNCTION. Damn yall gettin titty twisted over some shit yall not even gettin money for tho.......relax
So you get your panties in a twist for being called 'kid', and then you proceed to call people mentally impaired because you think they don't understand what you're trying to say. Also, posting a rant in all caps followed by telling everyone else to relax. Bravo, kid.

@grossaffe
Look lil dude you can have your degree but either way you referred to me as a "kid" like that gave you power which was wack as hell so provide an original astute observation and dont ride coat tails of someone i originated the conversation with. Im very intelligent so dont try and make me look dumb because you can imitate a high and mighty internet douche with no life. I stated my opinion in a respectful manner which if i was wrong then fine but you wanna name call? Yeaaaaa its pretty obvious whos more mature here. ANYWAY like i said if youre not spittin facts my way or working for Nin directly and just wanna go back and forth speculating about some shit you aren't even building lol then be my guess son.
If you have to tell people you're intelligent, you might not be as intelligent as you think. Frankly, I'm not all that interested in what people's actual ages are on here. The beauty of internet forums is that you can avoid prejudices and instead be judged on the content of your posts. Of course, some may find it a curse more than a blessing.

MarzDaindigo

Indigo Marz - No HooX
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps it's because the people responding to you aren't detracting from the possibility to emulate NES, SNES, and N64, but rather your statement about playing Wii U games, and yet you keep bringing those consoles up in your retorts to people saying Wii U isn't happening. Also, now you're equating playing Nintendo since you were five to having an engineering degree? This is exactly the type of thing that makes people dismissive of you.

So you get your panties in a twist for being called 'kid', and then you proceed to call people mentally impaired because you think they don't understand what you're trying to say. Also, posting a rant in all caps followed by telling everyone else to relax. Bravo, kid.

If you have to tell people you're intelligent, you might not be as intelligent as you think. Frankly, I'm not all that interested in what people's actual ages are on here. The beauty of internet forums is that you can avoid prejudices and instead be judged on the content of your posts. Of course, some may find it a curse more than a blessing.

Lmao i dont even care anymore like i said if you domt work for nintendo you aint verified. Im not about to keep explaining myself to some dude who prolly stays with his mom with no job despite your "degree" lol to even have the time for all this i made a statement and you disagreed and wanted to call me kid like you have superiority over this subject cuz you went to school...ok dude u got it.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lmao i dont even care anymore like i said if you domt work for nintendo you aint verified. Im not about to keep explaining myself to some dude who prolly stays with his mom with no job despite your "degree" lol to even have the time for all this i made a statement and you disagreed and wanted to call me kid like you have superiority over this subject cuz you went to school...ok dude u got it.
You claim not to care anymore, yet you continue to lash out like a petulant child.

And yes, I do have superior wisdom over you on this subject. That's kinda the purpose of school; learning. And this is the subject I studied. Oh, right, but you played a Super Nintendo when you were little. Never mind, your credentials are more than a match.

MarzDaindigo

Indigo Marz - No HooX
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You claim not to care anymore, yet you continue to lash out like a petulant child.

And yes, I do have superior wisdom over you on this subject. That's kinda the purpose of school; learning. And this is the subject I studied. Oh, right, but you played a Super Nintendo when you were little. Never mind, your credentials are more than a match.

Thanks im glad you finally see, apology accepted

xtreemsurf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully, Nintendo won't fail with this. Judging by the video, I'm not super excited about the idea, but I've been a fan of the Big N, since the mid 80's. Had there been any talk about BoW and the graphical differences between Wii U and Switch?

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hopefully, Nintendo won't fail with this. Judging by the video, I'm not super excited about the idea, but I've been a fan of the Big N, since the mid 80's. Had there been any talk about BoW and the graphical differences between Wii U and Switch?
I don't think so, the trailer was recorded on Wii U I think.

//Sent from my glorious OnePlus X

xtreemsurf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think so, the trailer was recorded on Wii U I think.

Thanks...that's what I was hoping. I think I'll stick with the Wii U for a while. I still have a backlog of about 30 games to play before I'm ready to jump into a new system.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you can't admit that emulating a wii u on a portable console is totally impossible in the near future, then you are a total idiot. Why don't you do some calculations on how many teraflops you'd need and how much heat that'd produce. oh wait, you can't, because you are an idiot. Do you even know what flops, watts, and transistors are? You are also acting very immature. So you are an immature idiot. We don't need a degree to see that either.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.

There won't be official DS support because they want to keep the DS series alive.

And holding the console vertically wouldn't really work because the Joy-Cons would be on the top/bottom.

Not sure why you are treating this like it is impossible.

The DS VC isn't on the 3ds nor can you play DS carts directly on the Switch. Simply having DS titles on the Switch, isn't going to kill the DS series. In fact, depending on how successful the Switch is, it may kill it regardless of DS Virtual Console.

Last edited by KingVamp,

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you can't admit that emulating a wii u on a portable console is totally impossible in the near future, then you are a total idiot. Why don't you do some calculations on how many teraflops you'd need and how much heat that'd produce. oh wait, you can't, because you are an idiot. Do you even know what flops, watts, and transistors are? You are also acting very immature. So you are an immature idiot. We don't need a degree to see that either.
>wew

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For long I considered the term "Nintenyearsold" offensive and stupid. First of all, most Nintendo fans are not kids, and also ten years old are not normally brats as the term implies.

But many threads like this one, and a recent comment from @VinsCool on my profile page, made me realize that "Nintenyearsold" doesn't refer to the actual age of fanboys, but to a mental regression disorder where people go back to a five years old* state of themselves becoming unbearable brats that don't give a fuck about reasoning and just try to force their dream world as reality hiding behind a primal hooligan-like group bullying behaviour.

Hell, I should start accepting this reality already, I mean the existence of the Nintenyearsold condition.

* To be more accurate of the observed mental regression, the term should actually be "Ninfiveyearsold", but that wouldn't work as a pun.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
fat, big portable
To me, that only thing that is a 'must' is selling the masses the concept of the Switch tablet itself: the fat tablet. Sure, some might not even want to use it as a portable so they will use it docked. No problem. But those that want a portable? Pretty tough sell, I think. Probably not taken further than the couch for most people, I think. The Switch can keep the TV free when going portable. A good thing for family relations, I suppose.

The fat tablet will be what millions of eyes will be seeing next year as it hits the stores. It will be the thing that either excites them or makes them shrug and turn away. Local multiplayer without fuss is always great. Buying one game that works on both portable and Home is good too. But will the compromises be worth it? Will they pull it off? I have some doubts about the perceptions of this machine, both as a 'portable' and as a weaker 'home' console than the Big Two. Nintendo can of course compete with its traditional weapon: low cost of manufacture, to prevent burying itself in debt. I bet we will see a Home-only version some years in the future too. This should be so cheap for Nintendo to manufacture compared to what Sony & Microsoft have now.

playing older games on Switch

Having older games play on this thing is a unique selling point for Nintendo. It's simply another way they can say they are different to tablets and phones & it would help sales for sure. Especially now they are really targeting the gaming fan rather than the casuals. The more unique advantages, the better. It makes sense to continue cashing in on nostalgia. Physical backward compatibility was successfully used to fight off competitors in the past, but I think it's far less needed today. What Nintendo needs to fight off today (with the Vita basically dead) is bad perceptions of the Wii/Wii U situation. Bad perceptions brought on by their own desire to save money on graphics grunt and their lack of third-party support for Wii U. I think this is their ball-and-chain now.

I think the typical user will be extra cautious when buying Nintendo hardware today (due to the above). If Nintendo don't deliver, I think this might be Game Over. A massively shrunken and more focused Nintendo company might be the result.

Last edited by foob,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The female game staring Michael Jackson