Hacking Brick Fixing Disc's

RedArrow2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm a newbie, so I don't know very much about these kinds of things, but kitt050383, do you think it's possible to make a autoboot disc that doesn't require trucha patch so I can fix my korean wii with error 003. Also is it possible to make a ocarina disc?

Thanks
RedArrow2

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we cant really do that. we would need the super secret keys from nintendo, which are kept under lock and key and a guard tower with snipers.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
...well, something like that.
laugh.gif

We cannot use any fakesigned discs to fix error 003, as 4.2 Update (technically 3.3+ updates) kills the trucha bug.

On the plus side, if you have a modchip, you can change the first byte of your ISOs you want to play to "0" (0x30), to make it autoboot via recovery menu (You'll need a GC controller to get to this), so that you can play them. But you can only play games (only same region too, no imports), and cannot fix error 003 yet. If you don't have a modchip, I suggest you get one.

Example;
The first few bytes in SMG pal are RMGP01. Change it to 0MGP01, and it will autoboot.
Do this, and you can play them from recovery mode, so your Wii isn't completely broken.

Amarok

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes I read that, but the thing is the following:

I'd like to be able to help people when they brick their Wii.

ie.

Someone tries to mod their own wii but they screw up somehow ending in a brick.
The person doesn't know what he did/installed/removed so assuming he hasn't installed Preloader nor any cIOS.

Will it still be possible to unbrick the Wii using SaveMii and a Modchip?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when the wii first turns on it follows some instructions and eventually loads whatever IOS is in the TMD for the system menu. then it starts to load the system menu. since, in this situation, there is no way to tell it to boot another IOS, you must have a way to 1 - get the system menu IOS to read a burned game and 2 - get the system menu to load a fakesigned disc.

the modchip takes care of the first part. but that IOS will refuse to do dick from the disc unless the IOS has the trucha bug, or the disc was signed with the real key from the big N.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
basically for this method to work, one would have to take the necessary precautions and make sure they meet the requirements before hard to ensure they can use this unbricking method... so basically when u r modding wii's, u would have to have this solution in mind BEFORE the wii breaks (either that or get very lucky and u meet the prerequisites unintentionally)

most wii modding guides will make sure users have all the requirements except for either modchip or cioscorp (which doesn't work on new D3-2 wii's)

hmmm, actually if we knew what IOS the boot disc was using, we could probably install that IOS only from cioscorp... make sense??

edit: any1 know how to check what IOS is used from an ISO

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can get the TMD out of a disc with wiiscrubber. but that still doesnt mean shit. when you start the wii and it loads the system menu IOS, that IOS will NOT DO SHIT with a fakesigned disc. it wont check the TMD of the disc to see what IOS it wants, because it doesnt care. it has no intentions of playing that game anyways. it wont try to start the IOS requested by that fakesigned disc. you still will be stuck with a wii that loads the system menu IOS. it doesnt matter if you have previously installed the IOS from the boot disc.

Amarok

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok, so it's not possible to use the rescue disc when cIOS or preloader isn't installed right?

the thing is, some dude contacted me he bricked his Wii and he can't remember hwat he did.

So I assume he doesn't have any cIOS installed neither has he installed Preloader (not confirmed though, but I think theyre not installed, since he probably doesn't even know what they are since he bricked the Wii..)

Oh, do you guys know any game that has the 4.2 update on it?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
most wii bricks where the wii wont turn on are a result of uninstalling the SM, SM IOS, or installing a stub SM IOS (or installing a SM for the wrong region). There may be other ways too (like buggy boot2 update), but those are the basics

get him to try accessing bootmii and/or priiloader, if he can't access that then u only have 2 options left

1) if he has nand backup and/or keys, u can use an infectus mod chip to flash his nand

2) send it to ninty for repairs

edit: no game has the 4.2 update on it yet, New Super Mario Brothers Wii has the 4.1 update (and i think it also has a boot2 update, not sure) which the most recent update found on disc (as for as i know)

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
hey kitt050383, quick Q for u, do u know what IOS is used to launch your disk?

I'm thinking that someone without a modchip or cioscorp could still use this fix their wii if from beforehand they install the corped version of the IOS that the disk uses (assuming they also have cIOS249 rev14 or greater)... what do u think?

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
hey kitt050383, quick Q for u, do u know what IOS is used to launch your disk?

I'm thinking that someone without a modchip or cioscorp could still use this fix their wii if from beforehand they install the corped version of the IOS that the disk uses (assuming they also have cIOS249 rev14 or greater)... what do u think?

Games iirc use 2 IOS from recovery mode (correct me if I'm wrong) First they use the sys menu IOS and then the game specific IOS. In theory it should work though xflak
smile.gif

kitt050383

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All my discs have different requirements! please read the first post for them! the newest disc only needs cIOS installed to slot 249 to work! An it has to be run from the rescue menu!

All other discs please read the first post get the requirements for them!
-kitt050383

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
kitt, we're not disputing any of that... but u say that "This is for Modchip's only!!!! or Now with cIOSCORPS any version still installed! (not a Guarantee!)"

many people choose not to install cioscorp, but we're suggesting they wouldn't need cioscorp in its entirety to run your disc, only the corped IOS the disk uses. So if we knew what IOS that was, we could install that IOS (instead of full cioscorp) in addition to cIOS249 and in theory it should work

edit:
QUOTE said:
the newest disc only needs cIOS installed to slot 249 to work! An it has to be run from the rescue menu!
or are you implying cioscorp and/or modchip is not required for this newest disc?

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40, just guessing but you could also do this....

corp the sys menu ios, patch the game disc (with ios patcher) to use an ios EG 249, or the sys ios (if corped, or any other corped ios).

When the Wii boots into recovery mode it is using the system menu ios, it then tries to boot the game and reloads the ios from the game tmd, so if this is patched to a corped ios and the sys menu ios is corped too you don't need a full corp install or modchip.

This is just guessing as I've not actually tried it, but the theory(your) is sound imho.

This is of course not needed with preloader if it's set to use 249 etc.

kitt050383, we love your discs
biggrin.gif
we're just thinking out loud
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/d7mkQP8