Hacking Burning backups

david432111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hadrian Uranium said:
afif95 said:
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought this is wii hacking??

And please don't be an Aimen who screams "Burning backups is a wii hack" because it ain't!

Nice tutorial nevertheless
Its still nice to have it here, people don't use the search function and most will just go into Wii Hacking posting many thread asking what to do.

I'm stickying this just because it may help some people, sure many don't read stickies but some do so at least it'll stop SOME posts.
Thanks for stickying it
smile.gif

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you should emphasize the phrase "If YOUR dvd doesnt work burn it again" Because everyone elses does. nice guide!! Even if it cuts back 2% of this game doesnt work threads its worth it

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bugaveli said:
I think you should emphasize the phrase "If YOUR dvd doesnt work burn it again" Because everyone elses does. nice guide!! Even if it cuts back 2% of this game doesnt work threads its worth it

Most doesn't work threads are about out of region games, DVD+Rs without bitsetting(which hopefully is reduced dramatically now) and wrong cIOS. Bad burns are error source no 3 or 4.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I use nero 6 instead ImgBurn, but the nero came wih the Lite-On writter, so maybe that's why it works better and faster, and for some people using DVD+R, ImgBurn doesn't let you change the Book Type, nero does...!!!
wink.gif

david432111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
I use nero 6 instead ImgBurn, but the nero came wih the Lite-On writter, so maybe that's why it works better and faster, and for some people using DVD+R, ImgBurn doesn't let you change the Book Type, nero does...!!!
wink.gif
Imgburn does let you. To burn an iso with nero you need to use nero burning rom and I don't think that it comes with most oem neros witch is what most people have. Plus most
people would probably burn the iso file on to the disk through nero express or something.

lol^^

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
david432 said:
Just download imgburn, alright? It's not that hard takes 2 seconds to install.
Well that really isn't the point.

If Nero works, then that means I don't need to download imgburn. I don't like to have too many programs installed on my computer.

So Nero works? Fantastic.
yaypsp.gif

david432111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You have nero burning rom? If you have nero burning rom open it and follow this guide. Happy?
smile.gif

Nero burning rom comes with some versions of nero, if your package didn't come with this then you can't. Look in start>All programs>Nero>Nero burning rom

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
you mean this Nero6 that doesn't say burning ROM anywhere...???

nero.jpg

ImgBurn only lets you change the booktype in some writters, if you have:
Plextor
RICOH
Samsung
BenQ
LG
Lite-On
NEC
Nu Tech

then yes it does let you change the booktype, otherwise buy DVD-R or one of those writters, if you don't have one of those writters and you just want to burn in DVD+R because you already bought a spindle of 100 DVD's then use Nero6, that was the first in using DVD image writting (I think, I'm not sure), you're welcome and excused...!!!
laugh.gif

david432111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
you mean this Nero6 that doesn't say burning ROM anywhere...???

nero.jpg

ImgBurn only lets you change the booktype in some writters, if you have:
Plextor
RICOH
Samsung
BenQ
LG
Lite-On
NEC
Nu Tech

then yes it does let you change the booktype, otherwise buy DVD-R or one of those writters, if you don't have one of those writters and you just want to burn in DVD+R because you already bought a spindle of 100 DVD's then use Nero6, that was the first in using DVD image writting (I think, I'm not sure), you're welcome and excused...!!!
laugh.gif
You can't burn isos if you don't have nero burning rom. And you don't.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think this is a great idea and well done on gathering the info and updating it david.
Im going to link to the first post from the issues and answers thread and also from my install guide and it might save a few 'my dvdrw isnt working' new noob threads.

david432111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
digitydogs said:
Ether don't bother arguing this is the same guy from the CIOS guide. He's just changed his name a few times since then
Shut up. What I said was based on my experience with nero. Stop posting such rude posts. You're only making your self look stupid. Just cause you don't like me doesn't mean everyone else does.
You don't see me post rude remarks in your threads.

Posts merged

ether2802 said:
QUOTE(david432 @ Jan 16 2009, 05:33 AM) You can't burn isos if you don't have nero burning rom. And you don't.

Mmmmmm..... then how da' hell am I capable of runing my burned with nero backups..???
wtf.gif
Dunno, weird. I once had nero 6 installed and it couldn't. I'm not a big nero fan
tongue.gif

Guess I had another version installed. I may upgrade my guide with a nero tutorial sometime.
smile.gif

chondro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I am definately a newbie, and I know this is more then likely a stupid question, but here goes.
wacko.gif
I have tried a couple of games, following the instructions above, but when I try to load the game, I get black and white, and the screen is moving upward and very fuzzy. What am I doing wrong? I can hear the game, and see little bits, should I burn again? Am I not burning right? I do not use a patcher, do I need to? If so can someone post a link to the patcher I hsould be using?
Thanks in advance for any help.
lecture.gif

david432111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
chondro said:
Ok, I am definately a newbie, and I know this is more then likely a stupid question, but here goes.
wacko.gif
I have tried a couple of games, following the instructions above, but when I try to load the game, I get black and white, and the screen is moving upward and very fuzzy. What am I doing wrong? I can hear the game, and see little bits, should I burn again? Am I not burning right? I do not use a patcher, do I need to? If so can someone post a link to the patcher I hsould be using?
Thanks in advance for any help.
lecture.gif
Force it to Ntsc in the gamma backup launcher. It's in the settings.

.d&n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hmmmm i used 2 different programs to burn and had 2 different results

The game i burned is Wii Music (PAL)

1. I used Nero 8, DVD ISO it was a bad burn but it shows up on the Disk Channel after Reboot with hooks using GAMMA...... wont load though just black screen hence bad burn**

2. I used the above method IMGBURN, it was a good burn, everything works but GAMMA Rebooter doesnt work (doesnt show on up on disk channel either), onli way the game works is to boot the game directly from the BACK UP CHANNEL

i havent tried a good burn using Nero 8 yet, but i'll try again....... and let you guys noe which is the preferred BURNING PROGRAM

i onli tried 1 wii game so far coz tats all i have, is it just me or is there somthing else about these programs or does it onli happen in this particular game (Wii Music)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work