Hacking Burning backups

mikespit1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hurray it works!!!

Not exactly sure what I did, but in Gamma I forced NTSC, and removed copy flags in the reboot options. I think that did it! Now to reboot and see if I can do it again...

Thank you both for your help!

david432111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Brickblock and WiiFrii for Gamma users? I guess the original author doesn't know what he is doing and why. The game is a japanese game, so run the game with force NTSC and force japanese language. If this doesn't work, try the same with a IOS Version patched to IOS249 disc. If you get the game to work, but with wrong colors, all named tools(brickblocker, WiiFrii and IOS Version patcher) won't fix this issue.
It is stated that you might only require that if you have a modchip that for some reason it doesn't block updates or isn't region free. But I'll make that clear.

EDIT: Updates and region free section edited to only include starfall and makes it clear that only modchip, cioscorp and softmii users need it.

flamingo5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo david432111..new to the house & to the Wii flips but everything has been great from day one without any complications whatsoever...until now that is~ lol

david432111..thanks for the tut...had one question you might be able to ans...followed these steps in the first part..as far as I got:

Download Waninko's dvd dump tool, from here...that link was active{ and had a hell of a time finding the app..perhaps that might be the problem if the app is no good]..what to you think..read on ..... Perhaps you might give me a link or pm me with one or mail me a good link for the app...or anyone. Seems like it could be the problem since I can see everything on the SD but that...lol

Unzip it and put the "dvddumper" folder in the apps folder on your sd card.

Boot the application from the homebrew channel.

I don't see the folder with the dvddumper aplication..lol and I 've checked it 3 different times & applied the manner as stated on 2 different SD cards mate! Is that weird or what. Even took files off and formatted the SD again in case it had an error. BTW..I can see & use every other app in the apps folder ..all my wads etc. I can't figure it out man. Have any suggestions to solve this problem..thanks in adv.
I sure hope you say..that it's probably a bad file or something..lol thanks peeps!!

afif95 Reply #1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hate wasting virtual paper..LOL
afif95..thanks for the quick reply..will give that a go in the AM & will post back with results..good ..bad..or ugly!! thanks
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#2
Thanks afif95...that was the problem alright..lol funny i was reading something from some thread about renaming it ,,,now that you refreshed my mind --wrote it down on some scrap & then forgot it..the rest should be easy & thanks for the "noob link". Wanted to ask you/anyone who knew to clarify the use or not of the cIOS 249 file..was this an old file replaced by the cIOS36_rev7- under cIOS Installer..& what exactly is the Softmodchip...thanks in adv. for you help & attention. To many opinions..not sure who's right..I guess the ? for the 249 is whether you need this file still.. esp. for the dvd dumper.. Gotta go back to BlkBuster to get a disk to try it on..just returned 3 last evening cause could figure out the problem {$13 late charge} lol..Oh well, live & learn!!! Can I dnld a game and try to se if it works for me with a backup that works..I have about 7 new backup that work..to choose from! That might be possible ..am I right that it doesn't need to be a retail disk exclusively? Will look at the guide as well..thanks!!!

david432111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
flamingo5 said:
Yo david432111..new to the house & to the Wii flips but everything has been great from day one without any complications whatsoever...until now that is~ lol

david432111..thanks for the tut...had one question you might be able to ans...followed these steps in the first part..as far as I got:

Download Waninko's dvd dump tool, from here...that link was active{ and had a hell of a time finding the app..perhaps that might be the problem if the app is no good]..what to you think..read on ..... Perhaps you might give me a link or pm me with one or mail me a good link for the app...or anyone. Seems like it could be the problem since I can see everything on the SD but that...lol

Unzip it and put the "dvddumper" folder in the apps folder on your sd card.

Boot the application from the homebrew channel.

I don't see the folder with the dvddumper aplication..lol and I 've checked it 3 different times & applied the manner as stated on 2 different SD cards mate! Is that weird or what. Even took files off and formatted the SD again in case it had an error. BTW..I can see & use every other app in the apps folder ..all my wads etc. I can't figure it out man. Have any suggestions to solve this problem..thanks in adv.
I sure hope you say..that it's probably a bad file or something..lol thanks peeps!!

afif95 Reply #1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hate wasting virtual paper..LOL
afif95..thanks for the quick reply..will give that a go in the AM & will post back with results..good ..bad..or ugly!! thanks
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#2
Thanks afif95...that was the problem alright..lol funny i was reading something from some thread about renaming it ,,,now that you refreshed my mind --wrote it down on some scrap & then forgot it..the rest should be easy & thanks for the "noob link". Wanted to ask you/anyone who knew to clarify the use or not of the cIOS 249 file..was this an old file replaced by the cIOS36_rev7- under cIOS Installer..& what exactly is the Softmodchip...thanks in adv. for you help & attention. To many opinions..not sure who's right..I guess the ? for the 249 is whether you need this file still.. esp. for the dvd dumper.. Gotta go back to BlkBuster to get a disk to try it on..just returned 3 last evening cause could figure out the problem {$13 late charge} lol..Oh well, live & learn!!! Can I dnld a game and try to se if it works for me with a backup that works..I have about 7 new backup that work..to choose from! That might be possible ..am I right that it doesn't need to be a retail disk exclusively? Will look at the guide as well..thanks!!!
Hey sorry I hadn't added the link at that time. Sorry
tongue.gif

Saintphillipe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i just bumped into a "burn DL" thread.
some info seemed important from there.
mostly to Set a line break in ImgBurn like this:
>Tools>Settings>Write>Layer Break>User Specified and type 2084960

one guy also stated that he couldn't set it while using DVD-R DL, but he could when using DVD+R DL.

here is the thread link in case you wanna post some stuff from it in here.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=135402

remember by now only SSBB is DL, but in a not that far away future, there might be more.

kudos

Glittermoongdes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I really need help I think I screwed up my DVD writer!
I was having problems burning a good game - specs:
3.2U downgraded from 3.4U, HBC and gamma .3, cIOS 37, DVDX, DVDDumper, Starfall
Burned Wii-Monopoly (patched with WIU1.1 Pal to NTSC-U and Brick Blocked) on Verbatim DVD+R (HP writer isn't DVD-R compatable), using ImgBurn on 2x, all other applications closed.
Opened with gamma .3 and got scrolling, black and white picture, sound works fine and i'm able to click to other screens and get back to wii menu or restart with the wiimote.

I know that +Rs are not as good as -Rs for the Wii, so I was reading the linked thread on how to change book type. Downloaded Nero CD-DVDSpeed and when I went to change bitsetting, DVD-Rom was selected, I pressed "Set", saw the DVD writer light up, and then the drop down menu changed to DVD+R. I guess it was already set to DVD-ROM...now I selected DVD-ROM and hit "Set" but it says "failed to set book type"

Did I just screw something up?! How do I get it back to DVD-ROM? Anyone know other reasons I get the scrolling black and white picture? This thread said to burn on 8x, but I've read in other places to burn at lowest speed. Should I try the 8x instead? Sorry so many questions...

El Rey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having difficulty making backups.
Wii software v3.1U
Downloaded WiiGators Gamma 0.3 loader with a fix for the 002 error files
Followed all instructions.
wii iso came from using dvd dumper
Using Dell Latitude D620 laptop
Using ImgBurn and Nero6-6 (all programs are closed when burning)
Using write speeds 2x,3x,4x
Using Verbatim 8x dvd-r

Problem: Error 324

Should I try different media or different write speeds? Is it my laptop? Should I reboot my laptop before buring?

david432111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
El Rey said:
I am having difficulty making backups.
Wii software v3.1U
Downloaded WiiGators Gamma 0.3 loader with a fix for the 002 error files
Followed all instructions.
wii iso came from using dvd dumper
Using Dell Latitude D620 laptop
Using ImgBurn and Nero6-6 (all programs are closed when burning)
Using write speeds 2x,3x,4x
Using Verbatim 8x dvd-r

Problem: Error 324

Should I try different media or different write speeds? Is it my laptop? Should I reboot my laptop before buring?
Do you have wiigator's cios rev 7?

david432111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
El Rey said:
yes, (cISO36_rev7-Installer.dol and the boot.dol in the same folder)
Make a new folder in the apps folder on your sd card, copy "cISO36_rev7-Installer.dol" to that new folder and rename it boot.dol. Go in to the homebrew channel and run the installer.

El Rey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well guys, I tried burning at 8x and at 6x and I still get error 324. I tried re-installing cIOS36_rev7.dol again. I renamed the cISO36.dol to boot.dol and moved it into another folder. Any other suggestions.

david432111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
El Rey said:
Well guys, I tried burning at 8x and at 6x and I still get error 324. I tried re-installing cIOS36_rev7.dol again. I renamed the cISO36.dol to boot.dol and moved it into another folder. Any other suggestions.
Did your actually RUN the installer or did you just put it in a folder.
I'm guessing that you haven't installed the cios correctly or something is messed up.
For you I would recommend installing softmii. It's an easy guide that lets you run backups through the disk channel and gives you brick protection.
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
El Rey said:

Are you sure you have -Rs and not +Rs?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (and the joke here is that i misheard pride month as bread month)