Hacking cIOSX rev19 released

Memino

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I have a noob question, I currently have cios38 rev14 installed as 249, I'm assuming that means my current base is 38 but I'm not sure. To update I want to choose 249 on first screen with base 57 as most people are reccomending that, my question is do I need to modify any ios as my original base was 38 or would the instalation go through ok?

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Memino said:
Hi I have a noob question, I currently have cios38 rev14 installed as 249, I'm assuming that means my current base is 38 but I'm not sure. To update I want to choose 249 on first screen with base 57 as most people are reccomending that, my question is do I need to modify any ios as my original base was 38 or would the instalation go through ok?

It will be fine. Go ahead.

And to answer my earlier question - you still have to use alt.dol to Metroid Triolgy

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
I have not been able to get usb loading working in sneek yet with this revision. I'm still testing things out hoping for at least one combination to work but nothing has yet.

Something tells me that the usb loader need some kind of a wait feature for loading the games. I bet they are timing out to quickly.

I assume by "nothing has yet" you mean nothing with any revision, not just rev 19? I haven't been able to get USB loading working with rev 18 or 19. The latest CFG will not even get past the splash screen with rev 19 base 38. At least with rev 18 it would list games on the USB device.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im having the same problem with cIOSX rev 18
frown.gif
but errot rtt= 2011

ClockWorK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fogbank said:
DeadlyFoez said:
I have not been able to get usb loading working in sneek yet with this revision. I'm still testing things out hoping for at least one combination to work but nothing has yet.

Something tells me that the usb loader need some kind of a wait feature for loading the games. I bet they are timing out to quickly.

I assume by "nothing has yet" you mean nothing with any revision, not just rev 19? I haven't been able to get USB loading working with rev 18 or 19. The latest CFG will not even get past the splash screen with rev 19 base 38. At least with rev 18 it would list games on the USB device.

Same here. Under SNEEK, CFG sits at the loading screen for me now. Before, it would list games but fail to load them. I might try going back a version or two on CFG, just for kicks.

SNEEK aside, everything seems good to me.

win32rcbot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ConJ said:
mick711 said:
Just installed cIOSX r19 with 57 as base. Fired up USBloader GX r919 and it works great !

Metroid Prime Trois work now with iOS 249 after i just can play with hermes ios 222 .

Does it run from the menu now? Or do you still have to use the alt.dol

There is no magic and no revolution so ALT .DOL method for ever for MPT and no difficulty choice...even if cIOS rev 19 on any IOS (38...57)

Triiforce works now thanx for the bugfixes Waninkoko !

Now I only deal with cIOS Waninkoko rev 19 on ISO 57 and no need of hermes 222 combo
biggrin.gif

Melee54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just hacked my sister's brand new 4.2 wii, and when I went to install this, the wii controller went "dead" on the 2nd "press the A button to continue" screen. It wouldn't connect to the wii. The wii remained illuminated from the blue light and the crazy metal music kept on playing, so I don't think it froze or anything. Does it require a gamecube controller?

D

Deleted User

Melee54 said:
I just hacked my sister's brand new 4.2 wii, and when I went to install this, the wii controller went "dead" on the 2nd "press the A button to continue" screen. It wouldn't connect to the wii. The wii remained illuminated from the blue light and the crazy metal music kept on playing, so I don't think it froze or anything. Does it require a gamecube controller?

Think something like that happened to me before because I missed a step in the softmodding process.

You could try trucha bugging/fake-signing ios 36 and removing stub IOSes: trucha bug section of CompleteSoftMod guide site

Melee54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
alcaholjunkie said:
Melee54 said:

Think something like that happened to me before because I missed a step in the softmodding process.

You could try trucha bugging/fake-signing ios 36 and removing stub IOSes: trucha bug section of CompleteSoftMod guide site

Hmm, I triple checked everything to make sure I didn't miss anything, but I guess it's possible. Thanks for the link, I'll bookmark it for future problems. She lives about 40 minutes away, so I'll have to finish it later this week.

When I encountered this problem, I stupidly reinstalled IOS70-64-v6687.wad & System Menu-NUS-v481.wad which seem to have disabled my priiloader settings. Hopefully I won't need to completely re-do the entire hacking process because of that...

Thank goodness for nand backups, lol.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Melee54 said:
Sounds like you're using controller #2 to me, as this happens a whole lot when I'm trying to run NeoGamma or anything. Try finding your Control #1 and use that.

Now, is it me, or was I supposed to update NeoGamma to the latest build? wbfs does not mount XD(I should've gone to rev17 instead
tongue.gif
)

Melee54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Omega_2 said:
Melee54 said:
Sounds like you're using controller #2 to me, as this happens a whole lot when I'm trying to run NeoGamma or anything. Try finding your Control #1 and use that.

Nope, I only had one controller connected. And it was labeled as #1, then once I clicked 'A' and got to the next screen (also asking me to press 'A'), the controller disconnected itself. Tried a bunch of times. So if that trucha bug restore doesn't work, I'm not sure what to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: but well atleast my game tv stick can, @Psionic Roshambo