Hacking Converting decrypted isos to wbfs?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess you mean Brawl, not Melee.
Unfortunately I'm going to have to say no to fixing it, the program was something quick that I threw together and I don't really want to spend any more time working on it just to get one game working.

hahahihi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Hi all,

trried several games (3-4). Non of them could be copied of wbfs harddisk. Result: wbfs show 100% copied. But game isn't on wbfs disk then... I reISOed my homecopy with ImgBurn. Do you use other iso tools?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I used imgburn to get ISOs of my decrypted discs. I don't know why it's not working for you, sounds like a wbfs bug if it says it's copied the image but it hasn't.

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
>tueidj
Yes I meant Brawl.
Ok I understand. Thanks for your work anyway.
Maybe we can get the source to improve bunpatcher ?

If it's of any help, I remember that backup creator tool from wanninkoko didn't work either to "patch" DVD5 Brawl (same error about 7Go size) but "extract-partition" of wiigator did the trick.

hahahihi>I used imgburn too to make the iso. Re-ripped 6 games (but Brawl) without any issue.

The_Hulkster

Trophies
XP
Country
Great program!

Just encountered my first issue at the second game though.
It says the H3 Hash doesn't match the tmd sig.

Does this matter?

msab13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could use some help in getting this running, I'm a bit of a moron when it comes to the command prompt, could someone walk me through it..I have the bunpatcher.exe and the iso here "C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Desktop\New Folder" could someone tell me exactly what needs to be typed and where to get it to do its job...It would be appreciated

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
open command prompt type cd\ then enter then drag and drop the .exe in the window then drag and drop the iso (make sure you leave a space in between the .exe and the iso) then type the name you want example mad.iso (make sure you leave a space in between the iso and the new iso name) then hit enter.
it should look like this
C:\bunpatcher.exe madworld.iso mad.iso

msab13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
buby78 said:
open command prompt type cd\ then enter then drag and drop the .exe in the window then drag and drop the iso (make sure you leave a space in between the .exe and the iso) then type the name you want example mad.iso (make sure you leave a space in between the iso and the new iso name) then hit enter.
it should look like this
C:\bunpatcher.exe madworld.iso mad.iso

Thanks, making some progress, now I get

"Input file: boomblox.iso
output file: boomblox2.iso
couldn't open boomblox.iso for reading"

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hackotedelaplaque said:
Maybe we can get the source to improve bunpatcher ?If someone wants it they can PM me their email address and I'll send it to them. Don't be surprised if it takes me a couple of days to get around to it though.
QUOTE said:
If it's of any help, I remember that backup creator tool from wanninkoko didn't work either to "patch" DVD5 Brawl (same error about 7Go size) but "extract-partition" of wiigator did the trick.That's probably the problem then, I never even knew Wiigator made his own extraction program and backup_unpatcher is specifically written to undo what Waninkoko's backup-creator does.
The_Hulkster
Just encountered my first issue at the second game though.
It says the H3 Hash doesn't match the tmd sig.

Does this matter?
It might matter, it might not. What it means is that the disc data doesn't match the signature in the header - it's been modified somehow. Maybe the data was intentionally modified (e.g. a custom guitar hero disc), maybe there was an error when the original rip was done and it won't affect anything, or maybe the game will crash somewhere. There's no way to tell exactly where or what has been modified, best bet is just to try the game regardless and see what happens.

msab13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
buby78 said:
cause you want to open the new one not the old one you should be opening boomblox2.iso

boomblox2 doesn't exist yet, thats what I want the new file to be named boomblox is the patched iso...I've tried both ways and still getting the same error....

Finally got it...thanks for your help!!

The_Hulkster

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
It might matter, it might not. What it means is that the disc data doesn't match the signature in the header - it's been modified somehow. Maybe the data was intentionally modified (e.g. a custom guitar hero disc), maybe there was an error when the original rip was done and it won't affect anything, or maybe the game will crash somewhere. There's no way to tell exactly where or what has been modified, best bet is just to try the game regardless and see what happens.

It's Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. Don't think anything was intentionally modified.
Tried it anyway, works flawlessly so far.
Thank you for your help and info!

Pink_Waters

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having problems with this tool,
it doesn't finish patching the isos.. it keeps counting bytes left then just hangs and stop counting, but the actual output iso still gets bigger as far as i force close the cmd window!
its gets over 5gb 7gb 9gb ...etc..

the funny thing that some game after i forced closing the cmd got on the wbfs hdd.
other games just gets to 100% but after importing, don't appear on the hdd partition!!

anyone have any clues that could help?

Pink_Waters

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pink_Waters said:
I am having problems with this tool,
it doesn't finish patching the isos.. it keeps counting bytes left then just hangs and stop counting, but the actual output iso still gets bigger as far as i force close the cmd window!
its gets over 5gb 7gb 9gb ...etc..

the funny thing that some game after i forced closing the cmd got on the wbfs hdd.
other games just gets to 100% but after importing, don't appear on the hdd partition!!

anyone have any clues that could help?

Ok I've managed to add 4 decrypted isos to the wbfs drive, they show fine in the usbloader (by dimok) but when i launch them i get black screen!! nothing gets loaded.

any insights?

gunslinger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, how you can convert a decrypted ISO (4.159 gb) to a normal undecryptet iso?! Thats not possible w/o Nintendos Master key ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    but I don't really believe any rumors yet
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    need to have official info from N
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The 3DO and Neo Geo where like 700 bucks hmm the PS3 was stupid expensive at launch lol
    But at least the PS3 was only 500 for the cheapest one at launch
    My opinion is that 199.99 is the sweet spot but that spot is long gone lol
    Just played some Micheal Jackson Moonwalker.... Those poor parents trying desperately to protect their children
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    400 is a decent sweet spot if we get enough out of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how it was when we were locked down to a few options and that's it
    For me just buying a Pi and some accessories fills that not a PC void new consoles have just put them close to PC prices and all the patching and updates makes me feel like I might as well just get a PC
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Were talking new Gen consoles at launch here
    Yeah they just are glorified mid range PCs these days
    The age of home consoles has passed, they got assimilated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still serve a purpose for people that don't want to dive deep into it and just buy something that works
    I think the PS3 was the last console that was custom and felt at least slightly home console to me, although the constant updates pissed me off to no end.... "I got a day off from work let's play some games..." Well maybe after the hour long firmware update.... Shit the game needs an hour long update too??
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsofts giving us options the other two should've followed with tbh not everyone is going to give a damn about 4k 120fps
    Yeah I think they should have focused on 1440P and let the TVs handle upscale duty
    My 4K TV admittedly is a higher end one turns 1080P into 4K nicely
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Og switch should've released with 1440p and then release with a cheaper 720p panel at the end
    Switch Ghetto Edition lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Screw a lite they missed an opportunity to sell the screen
    I think all these retro consoles and Pi owe a large part of their market to home consoles being so expensive and the collectors driving up old consoles to the sky.
  • Faust03 @ Faust03:
    switch 2 will only have 3 games and will be the second coming of the virtual boy
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah if you're thinking switch 2 vr headset they have enough of a blueprint for specs to be decent Mario in full room scale would be cool some vr headsets already did demo of smb3 with a apple vr iirc
    Augmented reality peach dating sim would sell a few copies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://youtu.be/gVLHKrHBbZI?si=s_ljcNW1cQpvBkPj this would be cool if it just mapped the outside and was just there
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/gVLHKrHBbZI?si=s_ljcNW1cQpvBkPj this would be cool if it just mapped the...