Hacking cSM Sneak Peek!

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
o forgot to ask, will the sysmenu support patched games?, i know that the patched games are basicaly "destroyed" ISO images(no banners, updates, region code,partition toc,region table, hashs and everything else) but is it possible do you know?

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I would love the Weather, News, EverybodyVotes and Nintendo-Channel's region and language to be independant of my Wii's language/region. I suppose that's not possible?

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i suggest the possibility of creating something like "folders" so i could move every snes, n64, ... -vc-games to a separate folder. i would prefer that over the single pages the oSM offers.

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
T-Hideki// said:
Ah, just spent £38 on MK vs DCU, I'm outta cash. I wish I could donate, Fors... So, when you get your new wii, and BootMii is released... How long do you think it will be before you release it?
Im not sure, i want to perfect dashboard now first. once thats good, it will solve the problem i had with the installer that caused my bricks. its funny that the last thing I needed to do to finish the installer wasnt working right and bricked me
frown.gif

linkinworm said:
o forgot to ask, will the sysmenu support patched games?, i know that the patched games are basicaly "destroyed" ISO images(no banners, updates, region code,partition toc,region table, hashs and everything else) but is it possible do you know?
i doubt it without some serious finessing that wont end up being worth it. use decrypted copies with backup loader (which you can still use btw)

QUOTE(Screemer @ Nov 24 2008, 04:58 PM)
i suggest the possibility of creating something like "folders" so i could move every snes, n64, ... -vc-games to a separate folder. i would prefer that over the single pages the oSM offers.
miht be possible, i'll look into it....i was thinking about addings tabs

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tabs would be great, too. but i would prefer the folder style. if i could select a icon for each folder (maybe via a config-file) would be great to.

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think you could just end up making cSM the ultimate homebrew package?

With everything from starfall, HBC, backuploaders to ROMS, emulators, and Opera?

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phratt said:
Do you think you could just end up making cSM the ultimate homebrew package?

With everything from starfall, HBC, backuploaders to ROMS, emulators, and Opera?
cSM potential is enomous. It is totally capable of all the things you listed, they just need to be implemented.

Christen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I must say I'm a big fan of this project, and can't wait to see what comes out of it!

Can't wait for you to get your Wii's back so development can continue.

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait a sec?

So if I brick my wii, and have a warranty, nintendo would still fix it for free (because evidently, you're getting your wii's repaired as we speak)

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sometimes they fix it for free. i know a couple of guys who sent their wii in after they totally massed up a mod chip installation and nintendo replaced it for no fee. when i say they messed it up, i mean it that way. nobody could miss that somebody soldered on those boards.

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
not for free - 75 dollars each - which is why we donated to the cause

I said, with a warranty. If I'm correct, you can sign up for the warranty and a number of stores so that you can repair your wii for free for as long as 3 years.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorox said:
So how long, now that you sent in your wiis, do you think it will be before you release the prelude?

I knew there was gonna be one out of the bunch.

He said, that he would not release the prelude until he got his Wii's back and did some "final" testing. Although, he did mention that he would still continue working on the project.

yahmegaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forsaekn is it possible that you can make a wii system diagnose app for cSM? because im having two issues 1. the file system is corrupted msg. 2. a horizontal line that comes and goes (either it's the wii, my component cables or my video output). i would like to get this fixed, thanks.

mike

jmlee337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to see the GC controller implemented as an input device for the cSM, mostly because its annoying to waste the batteries in my wiimote just to hit 'a' and select the homebrew channel

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jmlee337 said:
I'd like to see the GC controller implemented as an input device for the cSM, mostly because its annoying to waste the batteries in my wiimote just to hit 'a' and select the homebrew channel
yeah, this one is reasonable, but is it possible? I would like this too.

can't wait, wish I could donate, sucks having to pay $75 each just to help us out with free software. That is really kind of you.
smile.gif
I wish I had my own Paypal.
frown.gif

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jmlee337 said:
I can't remember if you can control HBC with a GC Controller (never tried honestly) but if you can you can just boot directly to it with Dashboard (which uses GC Controller/Wiimote). Sounds like that would solve your problem. Im also looking into adding GC controller controls to the system menu, but I haven looked much into it yet, its on the list.

Yeah i camped out for my first wii, got a launch one
smile.gif
the warranty on it is expired so it costs $75.00 + shipping for a repair. My second wii a got a couple months later from a friend who didn't use it and I traded some tech services + a little money for it, who's warranty also expired
frown.gif

Nautilart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how about you do away with gamecube controllers altogether is it possible to set up the classic remote for gamecube mode I kinda feel like it its responsibility to be the next gen gamecube option and also feel like it was purchased for nothing at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv6RbEOlqRo