• Views 35,296
  • Replies 72

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a batch file to use along with my filecutting utility to automatically replace the wondercard data into the distribution rom. You can get the package here.

Rename the distribution rom to pmdistro.nds and place it into the same directory as the batch file and filecutter along with the wondercard data file. Drag and drop the wondercard data file onto the batch file and done.nds will be the new distribution rom.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
cracker said:
I made a batch file to use along with my filecutting utility to automatically replace the wondercard data into the distribution rom. You can get the package here.

Thunder-stealer
frown.gif

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arctic_flame said:
cracker said:

Thunder-stealer
frown.gif

Ah sorry. Didn't mean to step on any toes. I actually hadn't even looked at this thread and Nago asked me if there was an easier method of patching it in IRC and told me I should post it here.

Nago

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
artic_flame: you could always make a fancier one that allows you to set the date range, the region, patch the banner/header etc-- a real fancy one, with a gui...

wink.gif

At any rate, thanks for this, cracker. I'll give it a test-run with some extracted wondercards I've gotten from pokemon events in the past.

Edit: It's true; I told cracker he should share his work with everyone here. I didn't see you mentioning making a patch until afterwards, but no hard feelings I hope.

Nago

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
here's a fancy idea for you guys: download cracker's .rar and put filecutter.exe in your system32 directory, and then associate .pcd (pokesav's wondercard files) with the batchfile...

Thanks Chamillionaire and Cracker, and everyone else who helped hack this so quickly
smile.gif

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Chamillionaire said:
wabsta said:
Maybe a stupid question:
But, what are the wondercard files?
I've been looking on Pokesav.org..
But I can't seem to find what file I have to use...

A wondercardfile is a .pcd file.
You can get them by saving the wondercard with pokesav in the Mystery Gift section of the program.
Okay, thank you
smile.gif

Nago

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
Keviii94 said:
Does anyone knowns how to get a Unlimited Deoxys distribution CARD?

If you were resourceful, you could extract the wondercard data from this distribution cart (Chamillionaire has helpfully pointed out the exact bytes that this card is, highlighted in BLUE) and save that to a file (it'll be 856 bytes) and then load the wondercard in PokeSav. You can then edit any attribute about it you'd like to: for instance, how many times it may be "shared" with other users.

How about that....?

EDIT: Or did you mean the actual distribution cart? Steal one from gamestop.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed the offset in the WC data copying. It was copying a byte too late. It's all good now.
smile.gif
Thanks to Nago for the bug report since I don't play Pokemon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7