• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 35,294
  • Replies 72

Scytheandsickle

Trophies
XP
Country
Note: On Cracker's "proper program" if you drag the file into the window. You have to get rid of the quotes.

@ Cracker:
Can you fix that quote problem? And what line in the CPP tells it where to save the new distro? I was wanting it to save in the pmwcdp directory.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange that the 'quotes bug' didn't happen to me so that's why I didn't include it in the first place but I added the code for it now so it should work fine for everyone.

I added comments as to what line to alter to change the save directory into the new code and also optionally comment out the then unneeded code.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sprintf(newdistrostr,"%snewdistro.nds",wcfilename); //argv[0]); -> sprintf(newdistrostr,"%snewdistro.nds",argv[0]);

You can comment out the lines prior to this one if you want or just leave them alone. I commented the code where to /*comment them out*/.

Scytheandsickle

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, I just got rid of the comment //.

EDIT: Agh, it's still saving in the WC folder. Can you just PM the correct CPP? Sorry, I suck at C.

EDIT2: Is there a way to have it work without saves? They're nothing but useless FF's.

Nago

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
For anyone who's wandered here from the great ether, here's the rundown:

-Someone dumped the distribution card NOA mails out to stores to distribute their event pokemon. That is to say, they actually distribute these pokemon using a regular DS Game.

-Inside the rom for this "game", there is a section of data where the deoxys resides. Because we're the curious sort, we found a way to replace this data.

-Using PokeSav (see pokesav.org for tutorials) you can create a "WonderCard" file, which is an 856kb .pcd file. These can contain pokemon, items, and a number of other things.

-Using Cracker's patch (backtrack a few posts, it's linked in something like pmwcdp.rar) you can drag'n'drop the new .pcd file to the patcher, and it will "replace" the deoxys data with the new wondercard (whether it be an item, pokemon...etc)

-With a flash cart, you can now run the patched rom to distribute your custom content to other pokemon games, whether they're backups OR legit carts.

MysteriousCookie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
would it be possible to add a gui to this??
and region freeing it
smile.gif

Wuschmaster

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm, i already found out about everything you said here.
shouldve looked here earlier and tell you my findings. oh well.

ANYWAY did anyone find out what period.dat is for?
it seems to be important, because it doesnt work without it.

its just like
Code:
0A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

airpirate545

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i dont know if this is ontopic but can u make wondercards from scratch like choose the pkm lvl moveset etc etc? if so how?

edit: nvm i figured it out now i need help understanding how to swap it using the patcher, i need to rename the deoxys distro cart pmdistro.nds and then drag the pcd on pmwcdp.exe and then thats it?

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
cracker said:
8BitWalugi said:
Is it possible to hack the cart and change the 'end' date so you dont have to change your DS' date?

EG: from 6/20/2008 to 6/20/2038

Use this patch.

Thanks!
I've hacked the ROM a few times. Would my hacks stuff up if i apply the patch to them? Also, How did you make this patch? or better yet, how do i hack it myself to change the date?

EDIT: Uhhh.... what do i use to patch the rom? Ninja Patcher cant find .nds files, so what program do i use!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7