Hacking Disk Channel Loading Without CIOSCORP

robiul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jotokun said:
If you reset the software, it'll send you back to the system menu, most likely because it switches to the proper IOS and suddenly cant read the game disk. As far as switching games, if you mean in the system menu then yes, you can swap games out and they'll continue to work.

Ah that sucks

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Can someone try a corrupted system menu.wad and let me know if you can recover with a GC controller?
wtf.gif

Just kidding.

unleashed13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fishears said:
This is not working on my Wii. I'm getting an "Exception (program) Occurred!" error...
It's Pal, 3.2, Preloader installed, followed your instructions in the first post - BAM!
I get the same error launching the channel from the system menu.
Any ideas? Do I need to have taken the 46.app from nand BEFORE I installed Prelaoder?

Nice work BTW
biggrin.gif
- this is based on WiiCrazy's efforts isn't it?
the same for me
mad.gif

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
truballr said:
To get this to work, all you need is Preloader and the files listed below.

FS Browser
AutoLoader DOL
Aquilino Menu Patcher Channel

1. Get FS Browser and get the 10000043.app or 10000046.app (copy it to the SD card you will find it under /title/00000001/00000002/content/1000000[43/46].app) thx icefire
2. It should now be at the root of you SD card, rename it to ntsc.dol or pal.dol depending on your system
3. Install the Aquilino Menu Patcher Channel with Wad Manager (MAKE SURE you have Waninkokos Custom IOS36 rev 07 installed, not Wiigators)
4. Put the Auto Loader dol to the root of your SD card
5. Install to Preloader and Set it to autoboot dol
6. And you have Loading through the disk channel without patching all you IOS's or patching IOS 30

This Auto Loads a patched System Menu which you can play backups through the disk channel

aquilino and I have no responsibility if you brick your Wii, you install this at your own risk.
biggrin.gif

Just one question. Does it load out of region discs into disc channel?

truballr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unleashed13 said:
fishears said:
This is not working on my Wii. I'm getting an "Exception (program) Occurred!" error...
It's Pal, 3.2, Preloader installed, followed your instructions in the first post - BAM!
I get the same error launching the channel from the system menu.
Any ideas? Do I need to have taken the 46.app from nand BEFORE I installed Prelaoder?

Nice work BTW
biggrin.gif
- this is based on WiiCrazy's efforts isn't it?
the same for me
mad.gif

I'll have to ask the author about the pal issues. At the meantime, try renaming it to Pal.dol (uppercase P), or if no luck ntsc.dol

truballr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unleashed13 said:
truballr said:
unleashed13 said:
ok i did the same now the dol is starting
but if i start it he is loading something and says ok! but nothing happens

Are you on PAL?
yes i am

Make sure you get the 10000043.app or 10000046.app NOT the 00000043.app or 00000046.app

EDIT: Also try running the channel in the system menu first, and then try auto loading the patched system dol

jcasas392

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wassup guys! long time reader... first post.

this worked flawlessly! i am now able to load ntsc games right off the disc channel.

i have preloader v.25 running. in the hacks.ini theres an option, (well 2 options), for region free wii games. i have it enabled, in which way does that affect the system.

i cant seem to ask the question the right way....

how do i benefit from that. how are the games region free i guess is what i'm asking....

truballr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jcasas392 said:
wassup guys! long time reader... first post.

this worked flawlessly! i am now able to load ntsc games right off the disc channel.

i have preloader v.25 running. in the hacks.ini theres an option, (well 2 options), for region free wii games. i have it enabled, in which way does that affect the system.

i cant seem to ask the question the right way....

how do i benefit from that. how are the games region free i guess is what i'm asking....

The hacks do not seem to work, like the same way as they don't on CIOSCORP. Maybe someone will find a way to fix this one day....

unleashed13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
[/quote]

Make sure you get the 10000043.app or 10000046.app NOT the 00000043.app or 00000046.app

EDIT: Also try running the channel in the system menu first, and then try auto loading the patched system dol
[/quote]
i am a total idiot
i picked the wrong .app file
works great now
thx man

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess it's just a click then +2