truballr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unleashed13 said:
QUOTE said:
Make sure you get the 10000043.app or 10000046.app NOT the 00000043.app or 00000046.app

EDIT: Also try running the channel in the system menu first, and then try auto loading the patched system dol
i am a total idiot
i picked the wrong .app file
works great now
thx man

No problem man, we all make mistakes, I also made that same mistake on my first try
biggrin.gif

yakboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is way too much trouble when you just install CIOSCORP and be done with it. I can play all backups with out issues and Japanese games as well. Just patch them to the NTSC-U region and good to go. While this seems like an interesting idea, using CIOSCORP is just more logical.

truballr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yakboy said:
This is way too much trouble when you just install CIOSCORP and be done with it. I can play all backups with out issues and Japanese games as well. Just patch them to the NTSC-U region and good to go. While this seems like an interesting idea, using CIOSCORP is just more logical.

Actually, patching all those files is a big deal for a lot of people. And some of us don't want to permanently patch the system menu or any of the files, this way is much safer, and hangs off of preloader, and it's very easy to install.

unleashed13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i found out that when this patched sys-menu is loaded i can only turn off my wii by holding down the power button on the wii for a longer time
otherwise the wii only reboots

truballr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jacklaidlaw said:
I managed to install the channel just fine but when i open the channel it seems to just reboot to system menu

Make sure you get the 10000043.app or 10000046.app NOT the 00000043.app or 00000046.app

After it says OK! it should reboot to a modified (patched) system menu, if thats what you are asking.

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
icefire, i think you should go for the on the fly patching method... but DONT do what you did with the Health and Safety screen thing xD xD

you bricked the unbrickable wii, which was then brought back to the dead with cioscorp.

jacklaidlaw

Trophies
XP
Country
mine still wont play backups through disk channel do i need to install preloader through hbc as well? im missing something i installed channel no problem have both 10000046.app (renamed to pal.dol) and autoloader.dol on the root of sd card its this part that i dont get "5. Install to Preloader and Set it to autoboot dol"

thanks in advance

truballr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jacklaidlaw said:
mine still wont play backups through disk channel do i need to install preloader through hbc as well? im missing something i installed channel no problem have both 10000046.app (renamed to pal.dol) and autoloader.dol on the root of sd card its this part that i dont get "5. Install to Preloader and Set it to autoboot dol"

thanks in advance

Ok I see your problem

Rename the 10000046.app to ntsc.dol, and run the channel.
There is no autoloader.dol,

You set the ntsc.dol to auto load on preloader options.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
@truballr
Any chance you could inject this into a smaller channel - like the menupatcher-lite channel (its only about 260kb) with no banners/sounds??
5.2mb is HUGE for something you never look at
wink.gif

truballr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jacklaidlaw said:
nope just tryed the channel just restarts then goes back to system menu so i checked the disc channel with a backup disk no show so i rebooted then tryed again still no show

Get the new channel wad on the first post, and rename the 10000046.app to sysmenu.dol

QUOTE(fishears @ Jan 20 2009, 01:02 PM) @truballr
Any chance you could inject this into a smaller channel - like the menupatcher-lite channel (its only about 260kb) with no banners/sounds??
5.2mb is HUGE for something you never look at
wink.gif

I will ask the author.
gbasp.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *burp*