DS #4708: Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing (USA)

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
elixirdream said:
sonic.jpg

this is what i got from no$gba
tongue.gif

Same for the M3 Zero i with latest OS

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alidsl said:
@Rayder: are you playing with a DSi?

No, I'm using a DSlite. I haven't really noticed any framerate issues while playing the game.....nothing that stands out and caught my attention anyway. To be honest, I'm already kinda bored with the game. It's not that it's bad, it's just that there are 3 tracks in the game I can't stand. Blind 90 degree turns and whatnot. It makes just finishing those tracks annoying because you always miss a freakin turn, get caught in one of the traps in those turns, then you are in last place. That kinda killed it for me.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
granville said:
Don't know if this will help, but here's a save created from the rom in desmume. Might be possible to convert it to .sav with the right utility. If you can convert it, see if this gets you ingame. Just in case it's of use-

http://www.mediafire.com/?ndnqt2gmz3j

I regret to inform that having converted this to .sav, it made no difference to my Cyclo fw 1.57b1. Got the same error message as before. BOLLOCKS. Thanks for trying though Granville.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In this case, it might be an issue ACCESSING the save data, not just creating it. Oh well, if you want to try it out, use desmume if you have a fast PC, works great for me. Sorry that didn't help. I don't have a DS anymore myself, so i use an emulator for everything.

vhan1088

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
unexpectedly i got the game to run with no problems so far on Supercard DS one EOS SP1 if its set to clean mode, it saves and loads with no problem.
on a side note it supports the DS rumblepack too.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suspected Supercard would be able to play it in clean mode. It has the nack of getting games that don't run on other cards to run on it. I had one, and it was one of the few early cards to play Mario & Luigi 3 US version. Among other games too.
tongue.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Azoth2090

That's DSTT I assume. I used to use that menu with Bliss' triple loader in Supercard. That error is an indication that your microSD is corrupt and in need of a format. Back up all files, reformat the card, put all files back on, then try again. Not that it will work yet anyways, but that message is familiar to me and shouldn't happen on a cleanly formatted microSD, for ANY game.

jdevil99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can double confirm Supercard on clean mode. Like granville commented, I've had many games up and running by going straight to clean mode, don't even bother trying it w/ patch mode if I hear alot of people talk about AP issues. Game runs great, since I've put in about 8 hours into the 360 version, I can comment on how surprised I was to see how they recreated the tracks for the DS iteration that I was playing on the console version. Good stuff.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
granville said:
Don't know if this will help, but here's a save created from the rom in desmume. Might be possible to convert it to .sav with the right utility. If you can convert it, see if this gets you ingame. Just in case it's of use-

http://www.mediafire.com/?ndnqt2gmz3j
Ok, I converted the file but it still failed to work

Azoth2090

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
@Azoth2090

That's DSTT I assume. I used to use that menu with Bliss' triple loader in Supercard. That error is an indication that your microSD is corrupt and in need of a format. Back up all files, reformat the card, put all files back on, then try again. Not that it will work yet anyways, but that message is familiar to me and shouldn't happen on a cleanly formatted microSD, for ANY game.

Actually it's a R4i SDHC, though I think it's a clone... but I double checked the error, it's supposedly the DSi enhanced error

adrian2040

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I'm using my SuperCard DSOnei with the Evo SP1 firmware on Clean Mode but when I load the game only black screens appear. Does this have something to do with my microsd card being class 2? I'm asking because something similar happen with Mario and Luigi 3 in the TouchPod version with the fix.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Tested on R4 Upgrade Revolution and got Load rom errcode=-4, Please reset system.

Doesnt that just mean its a bad dump?
causeright now its not even in the game and cant even load the rom?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
outgum said:
Tested on R4 Upgrade Revolution and got Load rom errcode=-4, Please reset system.

Doesnt that just mean its a bad dump?
causeright now its not even in the game and cant even load the rom?

I don't think so....it's reported to work on G6DS and SCDS in clean mode, so it's just a firmware issue stopping it from working on most carts. Expect some FW updates for the still supported carts soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: