Homebrew Emus/Apps with SDHC support.

hartleyshc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, well wad manager added to the first post.

scummvm is missing some dependencies.
dragon media player seems to be missing some of the code itself.
still havent gotten around to changing the mplayer menu. will do that later tonight.

hartleyshc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just discovered a bug with the menu in the official version of fceu. fixed the menu issue and uploaded two versions to the front posts. one for use in hbc, and one for use in a custom wad. the custom wad version has exit removed *causes crash if launched as a channel* and the reset system is renamed to back to wii menu.

*the menu bug was that the main menu did not display properly after you had selected a rom.

FCE Ultra GX 2.0.6 - SDHC, fixed menu : (hbc)(wad).

deshwasi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks a lot hartleyshc. i am sure all the devs of those apps thank you as well. may i request a channel for the MPlayer (with SDHC)?

hartleyshc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deshwasi said:
thanks a lot hartleyshc. i am sure all the devs of those apps thank you as well. may i request a channel for the MPlayer (with SDHC)?

well i haven't done much. the menu fix on fceu was done by changing one number. ive just been compiling all of these apps to the latest libogc which supports sdhc.

to your question find a link to a channel that is known to work and i will.
*still haven't gotten it to restart the system instead of exiting to hbc. but i havent broken it yet either, so ill keep seeing what i can do.

On a side note, is the source for Wii DVD Dumper available? *don't have an account to see on this thread.

deshwasi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a channel for Mplayer.06.wad downloaded on my PC. if thats what you meant, i can upload it to rapidshare.

hartleyshc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deshwasi said:
i have a channel for Mplayer.06.wad downloaded on my PC. if thats what you meant, i can upload it to rapidshare.

yep. i dont have one, and i assumed you would.
all i will be doing is replacing the dol inside of the wad. i dont even know how to change the titles yet, let alone icon or banners.

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hartleyshc said:
just discovered a bug with the menu in the official version of fceu. fixed the menu issue and uploaded two versions to the front posts. one for use in hbc, and one for use in a custom wad. the custom wad version has exit removed *causes crash if launched as a channel* and the reset system is renamed to back to wii menu.

*the menu bug was that the main menu did not display properly after you had selected a rom.

FCE Ultra GX 2.0.6 - SDHC, fixed menu : (hbc)(wad).

If you've found a bug, it's appreciated if you could report it back to the project site so it can be fixed: http://code.google.com/p/fceugc

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
hartleyshc said:
On a side note, is the source for Wii DVD Dumper available? *don't have an account to see on this thread.
At least not in that thread. Only a dol and two readmes.

On another note, you don't feel like making your channel-wads available? I would really fancy properly made channels, with good banners, for system menu. Afterwards, I can just reinject any recompile.

Also, did you have to do anything fancy to get libogc CVS to compile properly? My check out from yesterday chokes on "No rule to make target 'wiilaunch.o', needed by 'libogc.a'."

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
And also, as I can see from Waninkoko's site, does it seem as if only the source for Custom DIP Module v0.2 and Custom IOS Downgrader v1.2 are available.

He'll probably release a version for himself sometime soon though.

hartleyshc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heres the mplayer wad that was requested:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8bd80f8...2db6fb9a8902bda (edit: don't download this old crappy version, it will crash the wii on exit. instead see first post for a fixed version of the dol to be used in channel wads)

that being said, the reason i havent shared any of the channel wads is because theyre all very dirty. they are all made by someone else, and all i do is unpack the wad, replace the dol, and then repack again. the titles arent even changed. i figure ill just release the dols, and the more talented wad makers can do it themselves.

As for Waninkoko's dvd ripper, hopefully he will update it. seems a lot of the devs arent using the new libogc yet. *either because of new errors, or they just havent updated yet.*

did i do anything special when i got the new libogc? not that i remember, i think it went pretty smoothly. got the update about 2 days ago now, not sure if theres been any more progress since.

and also I've "properly" fixed the menu issue now (i just threw in a number that i thought was right, turns out it was just so wrong that it didn't do anything lol, thanks Tantric!), so please re-download the fixed versions of fceu.

fix2 fceu
hbc: fceugx_wii_sdhc_menufix2_hbc.dol
wad: fceugx_wii_sdhc_menufix2_wad.dol

note: im going to stop most of this once the real devs get the new libogc. ill pretty much only be doing the menu edits for those of us who want to use wads.

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
Okies. I'll have to brownnose some Photoshopping banner guy then. No worries.

I just figured a togglable option in the preferences for hbc/wad operation in all emus would be handy. This would make it simpler to manage only needing one build for all. I'll try to reach the feature request tracker on google code through my iPhone now (@ a lecture). If I fuck up, I'll prolly do it after Uni today.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
cheers, thanx for the update on the fceu, i didn't notice any issues with the official release or the one you had on before, never mind, yeah i told you Dragon minded hasn't included the full source, and it would take forever getting all the correct binaries etc.
Hopefully you can manage Mplayerwii
smile.gif

many thanx

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
joda said:
hartleyshc said:
At least not in that thread. Only a dol and two readmes.
yes i double checked, AFAIK he ahsn't released the source anywhere yet. Too bad
frown.gif

I came to this topic thinking to ask you to recompile it, but it seems like you had the same idea
rolleyes.gif

I really want to be able to dump disks to SD, it's faster and more reliable than WiFi.

*Sigh* the only other good dumper i know of is Wiihttpd, but it only dumps to wifi. i guess adding SD support would require a lot more effort than with DVD dumper (which already has SD and USB support)

Well hopefully waninkoko updates the app himself soon, or we could try to ask him... (no idea if that will be effective...)

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
Sidestep.

If you think your channels are too horrid to show and share, you feel like giving pointers toward some example channel to start with? I remember seeing somewhere a mention about some popular stock channel to start out with when injecting homebrew dols, but I can't seem to find it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol