hartleyshc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
laurozza said:
Thanks for your work, i'll wait.

Maybe this can help you? http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=107...t&p=1438080

actually, turns out that this:
QUOTE said:
to reboot the wii, it's really easy, just make the program call the following function: SYS_ResetSystem(SYS_RETURNTOMENU, 0, 0) instead of exit(0)
this will exist the program and return to the Wii System Menu
is exactly what ive been trying. but it still just returns to hbc, no matter what i enter in there.

heres where ive been entering in the info:
CODE
void wii_wait_key()
{
ÂÂÂÂwhile(1)
ÂÂÂÂ{
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂWPAD_ScanPads();
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂu32 pressed = WPAD_ButtonsDown(0);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif(pressed & WPAD_BUTTON_A) break;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif(pressed & WPAD_BUTTON_HOME) SYS_ResetSystem(SYS_RETURNTOMENU, 0, 0);
ÂÂÂÂ}
}

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

Maybe this can help you? http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=107...t&p=1438080

to reboot the wii, it's really easy, just make the program call the following function: SYS_ResetSystem(SYS_RETURNTOMENU, 0, 0) instead of exit(0)
is exactly what ive been trying. but it still just returns to hbc, no matter what i enter in there.

CODE
void wii_wait_key()
{
while(1)
{
WPAD_ScanPads();
u32 pressed = WPAD_ButtonsDown(0);
if(pressed & WPAD_BUTTON_A) break;
if(pressed & WPAD_BUTTON_HOME) SYS_ResetSystem(SYS_RETURNTOM
is it deffinately the full source for mplayerwii 007?
otherwise that's why you may be experiencing problems.

Yeah i was into changing the source as you can see you have linked to the thread i posted, Dragon minded didn't include the full source thats why i just left it.

Strange why it isn't calling the restart wii, it must have a restart wii in another file somewhere......
have a good look. is it compiling normally and successful? or is it giving an error?

normally, if everything went fine, you got a .dol file, this is your modified application. If you got compilation error, it's eithr because teh devkitPPC installation was incorrect or you are missing some libraries.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hartleyshc said:
laurozza said:

QUOTE said:

CODE
void wii_wait_key()
{
ÂÂÂÂwhile(1)
ÂÂÂÂ{
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂWPAD_ScanPads();
ÂÂÂÂ}
}

The method void wii_wait_key() is never called in the whole app, it's just for debugging. You have to look at the while-loop of the main method. When -1 is returned, call SYS_ResetSystem(SYS_RETURNTOMENU, 0, 0). Damn, if I could build/compile my version...

Can you tell me the url you used to checkout the project? Maybe my sources aren't complete.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Honestly they're shocking, they say the have the sources to download for free.
Yet.......they don't tell you the Bastard isn't the full complete source, exactly the same with dragon minded, i tried contacting him as well no luck, also i guess this is the same with mplayerwii if it wont compile back.
frown.gif

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
joda said:
hartleyshc said:
On a side note, is the source for Wii DVD Dumper available? *don't have an account to see on this thread.
At least not in that thread. Only a dol and two readmes.

On another note, you don't feel like making your channel-wads available? I would really fancy properly made channels, with good banners, for system menu. Afterwards, I can just reinject any recompile.

Also, did you have to do anything fancy to get libogc CVS to compile properly? My check out from yesterday chokes on "No rule to make target 'wiilaunch.o', needed by 'libogc.a'."

libogc CVS is broken for the moment - it's nothing you're doing wrong.

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
Tantric said:
joda said:
hartleyshc said:
On a side note, is the source for Wii DVD Dumper available? *don't have an account to see on this thread.
At least not in that thread. Only a dol and two readmes.

On another note, you don't feel like making your channel-wads available? I would really fancy properly made channels, with good banners, for system menu. Afterwards, I can just reinject any recompile.

Also, did you have to do anything fancy to get libogc CVS to compile properly? My check out from yesterday chokes on "No rule to make target 'wiilaunch.o', needed by 'libogc.a'."

libogc CVS is broken for the moment - it's nothing you're doing wrong.

Good to hear. You know which rev is the last working?

hartleyshc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:
hartleyshc said:
laurozza said:

QUOTE said:

CODE
void wii_wait_key()
{
ÂÂÂÂwhile(1)
ÂÂÂÂ{
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂWPAD_ScanPads();
ÂÂÂÂ}
}

The method void wii_wait_key() is never called in the whole app, it's just for debugging. You have to look at the while-loop of the main method. When -1 is returned, call SYS_ResetSystem(SYS_RETURNTOMENU, 0, 0). Damn, if I could build/compile my version...

Can you tell me the url you used to checkout the project? Maybe my sources aren't complete.

i figured it was because right above it is the comment saying its for debugging (lol), but it was the only instance where i found exit(0). although i assumed it was never used. *as you mentioned wii_wait_key() is never used.
i ended up just replacing "return 0" with "SYS_ResetSystem(SYS_RETURNTOMENU, 0, 0)" right after the exiting message is printed. figured the only time the message will be printed is when your exiting.

as for where i got the source, same place as you, the google code site.
and im sure its the full version, or i wouldnt have been able to compile it.

and note to all, i am in no way a coder. my last job in programming was as an assistant webmaster for a nationwide isp during the tech boom. i know the basics about C, and just because of knowledge of previous languages i have a loose grasp on the concepts here. i havent done anything special for my environment, but maybe i picked up the libogc cvs at just the right time?

so anyways, here is mplayer v0.07 sdhc support, AND it resets instead of back to laucher.
mplayerwii_wad.dol

please, if someone could make a channel out of this and post it, that would be awesome. *maybe a channel with an actual updated title. all of mine still say mplayer 0.06*

hartleyshc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deshwasi said:
thanks for the mplayer update. i am confused though. is the linked "mplayerwii_wad.dol" a wad or a dol? also is the mplayer WAD on the first post same as this latest one you fixed? many thanks for all your recompilations.

yes, they are dols. the WAD is just used to symbolize that it is the version that should be used IN a wad. wad versions have the return to launcher option taken out of them. *which will crash a program unless you select reset system* mplayer is one program that does not have the reset system option. it was ment to only be used in the homebrew channel.

this version resets the system when you exit. so it will go back to the wii menu instead of crashing when used as a wad.

edit: yes they are the same version *check the link locations*. i post all new files in a new post, and then also post them on the first post. i figure it makes it easier for everyone that way.

hartleyshc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolfreak said:
do u have another link for the mplayer it doesn't load up it

which version? the one for homebrew channel? or the one for use in wads?
and have you tried the links again? they both just worked for me, and i know a few people have downloaded them already.

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
hartleyshc said:
i figured it was because right above it is the comment saying its for debugging (lol), but it was the only instance where i found exit(0). although i assumed it was never used. *as you mentioned wii_wait_key() is never used.
i ended up just replacing "return 0" with "SYS_ResetSystem(SYS_RETURNTOMENU, 0, 0)" right after the exiting message is printed. figured the only time the message will be printed is when your exiting.

as for where i got the source, same place as you, the google code site.
and im sure its the full version, or i wouldnt have been able to compile it.

and note to all, i am in no way a coder. my last job in programming was as an assistant webmaster for a nationwide isp during the tech boom. i know the basics about C, and just because of knowledge of previous languages i have a loose grasp on the concepts here. i havent done anything special for my environment, but maybe i picked up the libogc cvs at just the right time?

so anyways, here is mplayer v0.07 sdhc support, AND it resets instead of back to laucher.
mplayerwii_wad.dol

please, if someone could make a channel out of this and post it, that would be awesome. *maybe a channel with an actual updated title. all of mine still say mplayer 0.06*
You did it!!!
grog.gif
Thanks again, you are the best!
wink.gif

QUOTE(djdynamite123 @ Oct 30 2008, 09:35 AM) superb
smile.gif

download that, you'll like the channel injected with hartleys Reset Mplayer SDHC
smile.gif
smile.gif
ohyess.

Yep, the French makes nice Banners hehe downlaod of Mplayerwii v0.07 SDHC with reset instead of RTL
And with this we have the best Channel ever. Wonderful.
laugh.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
And with this we have the best Channel ever. Wonderful.
smile.gif
yep certainly good in more ways than one hehe

Only downside it takes 57 blocks, but for this channel its F**k All!
It's A shame the author of mplayerwii doesn't update it with a nice menu, similar to mplayerdvdlib or geexbox
smile.gif
bit too plain as it it*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O