Hacking FINALLY!!! A Fix for The October 23d update!!!

radionds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Screemer said:
radionds said:
Okay, so I will test on my wii console.
My wii is with 3.3v2 , USA.
I have never changed any ios or any patches..

I'll post that in a near future..

Are you sure that it won't brick my wii?
€dit: sorry misread your post.

go for it. i am sure it will work. maybe you can find a extracted version of ios16 and don't have to dl the whole gayfish dvd.

I'm already downloading this recovery disc .Thanks for helping me..
rolleyes.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Screemer said:
radionds said:
Okay, so I will test on my wii console.
My wii is with 3.3v2 , USA.
I have never changed any ios or any patches..

I'll post that in a near future..

Are you sure that it won't brick my wii?
€dit: sorry misread your post.

go for it. i am sure it will work. maybe you can find a extracted version of ios16 and don't have to dl the whole gayfish dvd.

The disc only seems to be 18Mb in when zipped, 614 when unpacked

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would anyone think this is fake? it works perfectly, just as it says. Once you have the Wad Manager IOS16 version running, just use it to install a cIOS wad, the CIOS_FIX wad that djtaz has in his sig all the time will work fine, then you have everything you need to run, "IOS Downgrader 1.0"

this is great, and will help many for a short time.

xbman

Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm the modified Wad Manager 1.3 will work with ios16. Also keep in mind it was recompiled by another user here and appeared in a different thread and not officially released or supported by Waninkoko. He (Waninkoko said he would not release anything based on ios16 since there is no "official" way to obtain that.

Note: You might want to give credit where credit is due regarding the recompiled Wad Manager.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
noobwarrior7 said:
why would anyone think this is fake? it works perfectly, just as it says. Once you have the Wad Manager IOS16 version running, just use it to install a cIOS wad, the CIOS_FIX wad that djtaz has in his sig all the time will work fine, then you have everything you need to run, "IOS Downgrader 1.0"

Can you check this out and see if all the required files are there and if they are all legal for me please ?

http://www.iol.ie/~taz/3.3u_Update_Fix.zip

pnut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a_running_pir8 said:
Ok, so this is going to be short just so the smart people can get it up and running, I will edit a full description after my exam.

First, use WiiScrubber to open up the Wii Backup Disc, and extract IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad

After that, use Wad Manager v1.3 to install this wad - it is NOT trucha signed, but it IS ('semi') legal, so it WILL install without a prior cIOS

Finally, use Wad Manager that was recoded to work off of IOS16 to install the cIOS fix, and you are on your way again!

I will edit later tonight as promised, and will also include sources, so please people I am sourcing from be patient, I WILL source your names and THANK you for your ideas and hard work!

see you guys later!

-a_running_pir8
I'm fairly new to this whole HBC scene so can anyone shed some light on what he means buy installing the cIOS fix and where can I get this cIOS fix? Do I need any other files other than what pir8 stated above? thanks!

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiShizzza said:
Can anybody make clear if that pink Disc/ that IOS16 also works for PAL consoles?

although the disc may not, the wad is region free and works fine

djtaz said:
QUOTE(noobwarrior7 @ Oct 28 2008, 10:11 PM) why would anyone think this is fake? it works perfectly, just as it says. Once you have the Wad Manager IOS16 version running, just use it to install a cIOS wad, the CIOS_FIX wad that djtaz has in his sig all the time will work fine, then you have everything you need to run, "IOS Downgrader 1.0"

Can you check this out and see if all the required files are there and if they are all legal for me please ?

I dont have the problem so i may need someone to expand on the How To - i only took a brief from what a_running_pir8 posted

that is perfect, except toss in "IOS downgrader 1.0", and also prepare to possibly get scolded for including IOS16, it is copyright ninty code.

JUST TO SAY AGAIN, THIS WILL ALLOW ANYONE, WITH ANY REGION 3.3v3 (v4 in JAPAN) to install a CIOS and USE IT TO REGAIN TRUCHA FUNCTIONALITY

weirdfate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
noobwarrior7 said:

I dont have the problem so i may need someone to expand on the How To - i only took a brief from what a_running_pir8 posted
hope this works *pray*

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
what exactly is cios_fix? I've seen that several times now.
is it another update of the cios that is installed as 249? is it newer or older than v6 from waninkoko's site?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just to state once more, this allows ANYONE, WITH ANY REGION 3.3v3 (v4 in JAPAN) to install a cIOS and...
...USE IT TO REGAIN TRUCHA FUNCTIONALITY!!!!

and yes I said v3/v4, as this most recent update is the 2nd update to 3.3 (Japan got one exclusive update so 3rd for them)

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
noobwarrior7 said:
that is perfect, except toss in "IOS downgrader 1.0", and also prepare to possibly get scolded for including IOS16, it is copyright ninty code.

JUST TO SAY AGAIN, THIS WILL ALLOW ANYONE, WITH ANY REGION 3.3v3 (v4 in JAPAN) to install a CIOS and USE IT TO REGAIN TRUCHA FUNCTIONALITY

Ohhh ? and which one is IOS16 ... it may take me some time to find it and remove it - in the meantime the IOS downgrader has been added to the zip while i search for that pesky IOS16 that may or may not be dodgy.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
what exactly is cios_fix? I've seen that several times now.
is it another update of the cios that is installed as 249? is it newer or older than v6 from waninkoko's site?

cIOS fix, if I'm not mistaken, is either a cleaned up version of the leaked cIOS249 rev5, or an early adaption of that by wiigator,

it is the eqivilant or superior of any cIOSrev5, and the most commone cIOS available in wad form (IOS5 being second, but very much outdated)

radionds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can somebody helps me, I don't know how to "extract" the ios16 from de backup disc with the wiiscrubber..How can I do that?

Edit: What is that .dif file?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
radionds said:
Can somebody helps me, I don't know how to "extract" the ios16 from de backup disc with the wiiscrubber..How can I do that?

Edit: What is that .dif file?

*cough* already extracted in my zip file for you... but dont download it until i can figure out what files i need to remove in case theres a problem with some files that may cause issues with the big N

ok ? no one download this : http://www.iol.ie/~taz/3.3u_Update_Fix.zip ... give me about 30 mins or so to figure out that file and make a cup of tea. Thanks guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: IM THE VENGEFUL OOOOOOOOOONNE (Can't you see what you've become?!)