Hacking * * Gamecube Launcher Official Thread * *

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
My experience with the GC Backup Launcher, WG CMIOS v5, and aforementioned GCOS MultiGame Loader (too lazy to find the exact name, but I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about).

I downloaded a bunch of games, including 1 NTSC game to test on my PAL Wii. I shrunk down 2 games, although it didn't seem to make any difference to the size, so I wonder if it will serve any purpose in future. Burnt it onto the RITEK05 DVD-Rs that worked for 90% of my games.
All games I played worked perfectly fine, except for Pokémon XD (PAL). Since that game was reported not to work anyway, I'm not surprised. I did notice that 3 soft-resets attempting different modes to make it work caused the GC Backup Loader itself to freeze up with 2 pink stripes on the left. Hard power off, on, and it worked fine again.
I lost all 4 of my memory cards, so I've ordered 2 more (Datel 128MB and Official 4MB) to test out. I'll post my results with saves, since I'm hearing mixed reports on a couple other forums. Seems like testing only requires a couple real saves, a couple GC launcher saves, and a couple NTSC saves, to see what all the complaints are about.

Impressions: Considering it's a "theta" release, I'm certainly impressed. 5 of 6 games tested fully working, on my first attempt. Kudos to all involved in this!

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if there are plans under way for a fix for the multi disc game issue? I didn't see anything about it in wiigators blog or anything.....

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hells Guardian said:
Does anyone know if there are plans under way for a fix for the multi disc game issue? I didn't see anything about it in wiigators blog or anything.....

Man what do you think ?
If they don´t said something about it, it´s most likely that there are no plans right
wink.gif

And even emu_kidid couldn´t get this working and he developed GCOS and SD_Boot.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True enough. However My main thoughts are that the second disk on retail copies work perfectly...... So It's possible..... I wonder if maybe a simple patch to the loading tool on the first disk would be able to solve the problem. If I'm not mistaken the first disk of two disk games contains a reloading tool that it uses to load the second disk. This would be the only thing I can think of that would explain how game play will simply resume after the second disk reads..... Instead of having to go through the game menu. any thoughts?

sampson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what's the point of the force 480p mode? i have yet to get it to work with any 480i game yet

skies of arcadia ntsc will boot when selecting it but it is still 480i

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys just to let you know mr driller land works for then backup launcher tested it myself. so one please post that in the wiki for me thank you.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golfman560 said:
You can edit the wiki yourself.

And the point of the 480p mode is to run games that have 480p

ok i'm a noob and i don't know how to do it... cause i don't want to screw it up... but all right...

sampson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golfman560 said:
You can edit the wiki yourself.

And the point of the 480p mode is to run games that have 480p

you just have to hold "A" after booting the game and it asks if it should switch to 480p

Harakiri23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

i tried multiple pal multi games (multi as in multi language, not multi GC games on one dvd) - but they always default to the english language ? even tho i have a german wii - why is that (just curious)

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if the Wii can read regular cd's? I want to try using the sdload iso since I couldn't get AR to boot the dol file (Says error loading SDLoad at the part where I have to eject disc) but the image file is like 391MB and I don't want to use a DVD for that >_< .

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ChaosBoi said:
Does anyone know if the Wii can read regular cd's? I want to try using the sdload iso since I couldn't get AR to boot the dol file (Says error loading SDLoad at the part where I have to eject disc) but the image file is like 391MB and I don't want to use a DVD for that >_< .

No, the Wii can't read CD's.

masta21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright...so i got no idea how to update the wiki...but can someone add in for me

zoids vs 1 and zoids vs 3

don't work, you can get to the main menu but any option leads to the famous error screen that tells you to consult the manual.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
masta21 said:
alright...so i got no idea how to update the wiki...but can someone add in for me

zoids vs 1 and zoids vs 3

don't work, you can get to the main menu but any option leads to the famous error screen that tells you to consult the manual.
Region NTSC-J i guess?

nvm, added it

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, looks like I gotta use a DVD then. The only reason why I'm using SD Load is so I can play Ikaruga since the wiki says the game doesn't work on the GC Launcher but another compatability list I saw on google says it works on SD Boot.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ChaosBoi said:
Well, looks like I gotta use a DVD then. The only reason why I'm using SD Load is so I can play Ikaruga since the wiki says the game doesn't work on the GC Launcher but another compatability list I saw on google says it works on SD Boot.

What other compatibility list if I may ask?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: