teusjuh

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kedest said:
teusjuh said:
i got an question

NTSC Saves and PAL Saves on 1 memory card give that problems or not??

that should work just fine

ok thanxx
smileipb2.png
smileipb2.png

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can japan saves nstc saves and pal saves be on one memory card or is it going cause problems like eraseing the data and stuff?

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone I'm having trouble with my GC memory card it won't load my previous save from when I had the original it just creates another save that looks exactly the same except the date it 1/1/2000. Is there a fix for this?

earthworm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the same problem....it wouldn't recognize my old game saves from when I was using my original (non backed up) discs....I was forced to create new game saves.

Not that big a problem overall but just a little annoying
laugh.gif

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
guys. i have modchip. already can boot gamecube game. however i wanna try/use this cmios. so if i install cmios, will it overwrite the function of my modchip when booting game in disc channel?. i'm planning to install cmios along with additional channel (wiigator gamecube launcher), so i can load my gamecube through this channel. at the same time i want my modchip function still intact where i can load gc game through disc channel...

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
About PSO Episode 3: the original retail copy works. I dunno why you're having trouble. I'm using the NTSC version, and Waninkoko's CMIOS.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
innercy said:
guys. i have modchip. already can boot gamecube game. however i wanna try/use this cmios. so if i install cmios, will it overwrite the function of my modchip when booting game in disc channel?. i'm planning to install cmios along with additional channel (wiigator gamecube launcher), so i can load my gamecube through this channel. at the same time i want my modchip function still intact where i can load gc game through disc channel...

it will overwrite the original mios. so from that moment, all gc discs will load through it, also from the disc channel - even with a modchip

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes [PAL][MU]

DOES IN FACT WORK!

I am playing it now! Just press B on the game cube controller (Boot using MIOS)

CONFIRMED MY FRIENDS! woooooooot
QUOTE said:
About PSO Episode 3: the original retail copy works. I dunno why you're having trouble. I'm using the NTSC version, and Waninkoko's CMIOS.

About that...this could be my issue (though other PAL games worked for me) I used a PAL version of PSO3 and while it does show up in my disc channel when i load it i get stuck at the green screen until i power down
smile.gif
no biggy most games ARE working if thats all I have to wait for then it gives me something to look forward to
smile.gif
lol

interesting info regarding original GC saves (I suggest making backups of your saves with the tools at wiibrew.org b4 making any new saves)

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
kedest said:
innercy said:

it will overwrite the original mios. so from that moment, all gc discs will load through it, also from the disc channel - even with a modchip

yea i know that. back to the questions:-
1. if i install cmios, will it overwrite the function of my modchip when booting game in disc channel. i guess it will overwrite my modchip capability?.
2. how to install cmios along with additional channel (wiigator gamecube launcher), so i can load my gamecube through this channel. at the same time i want my modchip function still intact where i can load gc game through disc channel..

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
Just did a lil browsing and want to clear up some questions i had at the begining of the day....so we can all benifit i will use direct quotes....

Differences between Waninkoko CMIOS and Wiigator's CMIOS.

original post by waninkoko

Differences between my CMIOS and Wiigator's CMIOS.

- Mine is based on MIOS v8, Wiigator's is based on v5/v6 if I'm not wrong.
- My loader is a little more simple for newbies (insert disc and run, no need to choose for video mode).
- Includes support for my Multigame Loader (that I expect to release tomorrow).

That's all.

Do MultiGame Discs created by GCOS Multigame v4f work yet?
And with my 3rd party card (Madcatz) After starting the game 1 time, the mem card works. The 1st time no saves are detected. The 2nd time they are.

original post by WiiGator
Yes, multigame is supported and GCOS v4f is working.

Why does this not read my current save files on the Memory Card?
Does it make a different save from the original?

ppc_gba already detected that this is only working with his 3rd party nyko memory card, if I understood him correctly.

EDIT: Maybe you can only read old saves with a 3rd party memory card, we need to test it more.

Personal Note regarding memory card:

I found a 16MB GC mem card made by the brand JOYTECH that works perfect in SLOT 2 but if i put in in SLOT 1 IT FREEZES UP THE GAMMA LOADER SO NO TEXT ARE SHOWN AT ALL!!! all you see is the pretty green and black wiigator BG lol...So is it just slot 1....just my mem card...I guess only time and testing will be able to determine that so report how your saves work this way we can compare results who knows maybe even help out!

hope this helps others trying to learn 2
tongue.gif
later guys!

Jovis36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
Why does this not read my current save files on the Memory Card?
Does it make a different save from the original?

ppc_gba already detected that this is only working with his 3rd party nyko memory card, if I understood him correctly.

EDIT: Maybe you can only read old saves with a 3rd party memory card, we need to test it more.

Personal Note regarding memory card:

I found a 16MB GC mem card made by the brand JOYTECH that works perfect in SLOT 2 but if i put in in SLOT 1 IT FREEZES UP THE GAMMA LOADER SO NO TEXT ARE SHOWN AT ALL!!! all you see is the pretty green and black wiigator BG lol...So is it just slot 1....just my mem card...I guess only time and testing will be able to determine that so report how your saves work this way we can compare results who knows maybe even help out!

hope this helps others trying to learn 2
tongue.gif
later guys!

I have an InterAct Mega Memory 16x memorycard and a Nintendo 59 block card. Neither of them will load my original save files,instead they create new files. I have tried loading from slot B but both games that I am testing (Mario Sunshine and Smash Bros. Melee) only load through slot A.

testatura

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Ok,too drunk to read but I hope I am as close to OK thread as possible...

so I have a problem with ntsc saves on pal wii,and probably pal gamecube card....because,all (those 2 ntsc games) keep saving for a lot of time..and then I shut down all and there is that game save but it doesnt wrk,not like I am gonna die if that game doesnt wrk but,just to let ya know!

have a time!!
grog.gif

EDIT :

am I stupid or there is some memory card secret I dont konw about.. ? cause few games start to save and just stuck there,few crash ..and few work....

how do I format Mc to be region free ready ?

thanx!

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Whoa whoa whoa, now I KNOW I've been away from the scene for too long
ohmy.gif
. Anyone know if I can use a backup AR disc to run SD Boot (Assuming SD Boot has better compatibility or at least able to play the Baten Kaitos games) without an AR memory card? My friend lost his so I can't ask him for it >_< .

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can turn any memory card into a AR memory card. Or at least I can, I forget how I do it since its been awhile but it's possible.

And memory cards aren't region free and probably wont ever be. You're lucky if you can get PAL and NTSC saves onto the same memory card since most games don't recognize it and just screw up.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, do you remember if it formats the entire memory card? Just wondering because I had a bad experience on my PS1 where a codebreaker cd completely formatted my memory card and I haven't touched another cheat device for console systems since >_< .

EDIT: Oh, and before I forget, how's the read speed for the games?

homelessbrian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay i used MultiGameISOCreator.exe to create a multi disc of pikman and pikman2. The backup loader reads the disc and pikman1 loads. Did I do something wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.