Hacking * * Gamecube Launcher Official Thread * *

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Sstew said:
The only loader is WiiGators. I don't think Waninkoko is releasing his own loader, just the MIOS

Objection: WRONG!
tongue.gif
. WiiGator will make a loader which adds support for Data-DVDs with .iso's on it and his Wii/GC-Multimaker, I think...At least Linkinworm said something like that...

Cyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read a lot about Waninkoko's cMIOS and some are talking about a wad - if I go to his website, I see a cMIOS file which only includes a dol file. Is this the famous MIOS everbody is talking about or what is with this wad file? Do I need that? Or do I need any other file? I know everybody makes a mystery out of it for DL links, but at least I would like this confusion to be cleared up. Would be cool if someone could clarify this, thx!

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Please! someone put that you still need a Gamecube memory card to save Gamecube games in the first post... please??

The threads are already starting, and the demodulator x5000 joke will only be funny for so long...

Wonder if we'll need PS2 memory cards to save PS2 games??
How about a PS1 memory card for PS1 games??
Dreamcast VMU for Dreamcast games??

Why the hell would you need a Gamecube Memory card for Gamecube games?? Idiot... you need a PS2 Memory card for Gamecube games!!

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cyman said:
I read a lot about Waninkoko's cMIOS and some are talking about a wad - if I go to his website, I see a cMIOS file which only includes a dol file. Is this the famous MIOS everbody is talking about or what is with this wad file? Do I need that? Or do I need any other file? I know everybody makes a mystery out of it for DL links, but at least I would like this confusion to be cleared up. Would be cool if someone could clarify this, thx!

the dol file is the patcher and installer application. It will need the wad file to patch, you'll have to put that file in the root of the sd card

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
zidane_genome said:
Please! someone put that you still need a Gamecube memory card to save Gamecube games in the first post... please??

The threads are already starting, and the demodulator x5000 joke will only be funny for so long...

Why the hell would you need a Gamecube Memory card for Gamecube games?? Idiot... you need a PS2 Memory card for Gamecube games!!

well actually the question is not that stupid. the PS3 doesn't even have slots for memorycards. When you play PS1 or PS2 games, it creates a virtual memorycard on its hard drive. 'newbies' may think the same applies to the wii.

Cyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So which games do have the RVL-mios-v8.wad on it to extract them from the disc? I know Pikmin has and it seems like WiiFit has it, too, right? Are there any other games which have the file? Do I need WUFE to dump it or anything else? Sorry to ask, but I feel that other people might want to know this, too.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cyman said:
So which games do have the RVL-mios-v8.wad on it to extract them from the disc? I know Pikmin has and it seems like WiiFit has it, too, right? Are there any other games which have the file? Do I need WUFE to dump it or anything else? Sorry to ask, but I feel that other people might want to know this, too.

if you have the iso on your computer, you can open it with trucha signer and extract it

Cyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, then again Trucha signer is for Windows, right? So no use for me, I got a Mac!
Does WUFE do it? Guess that's the only way for me to extract it, now I only need to know which games have the file on the disc.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i believe ftpii is also usable.
if you have dvdx installed, it can mount the dvd. using an ftp client on your computer, you can browse through the dvd and get the file

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
zidane_genome said:

well actually the question is not that stupid. the PS3 doesn't even have slots for memorycards. When you play PS1 or PS2 games, it creates a virtual memorycard on its hard drive. 'newbies' may think the same applies to the wii.

Then why would the Wii have Gamecube memory card slots?? As far as I know, it can't 'pleasure' you with those slots... unless you wrote an app for that!

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
zidane_genome said:
kedest said:
zidane_genome said:

Then why would the Wii have Gamecube memory card slots?? As far as I know, it can't 'pleasure' you with those slots... unless you wrote an app for that!

the slots are irrelevant. that's just the original system design. the loader could have created a virtual memorycard perhaps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...