Hacking * * Gamecube Launcher Official Thread * *

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Anyone tried the new Custom MIOS rev 02 from Waninkoko? It sounds good (althought I don't need it
tongue.gif
)
smile.gif

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 noob questions since I haven't been around in the wii scene much.

1. What is menupatcher used for?

2. To install the cmios, I just have to run the dol file in HBC and pick network connection right?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
ChaosBoi said:
I have 2 noob questions since I haven't been around in the wii scene much.

1. What is menupatcher used for?
When you launch it, it loads a patched Menu, then you can play backups through the Disc-Channel, you also have also Region-Free. When you turn off your Wii, you lose this Abilities. You need his cIOS rev 7 and his new cMIOS rev2 for that.

2. To install the cmios, I just have to run the dol file in HBC and pick network connection right?
Yes, if you have an Internet-Connection.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
something i was thinking about just now..
waninkoko's cmios adds gc backup support through disc channel. menu patcher does the same for wii backups
is it possible to set menupatcher as preloader's autoboot dol, so this wii backup function is added to the disc channel?

ghaldos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I ran into a weird problem and was wondering if anyone could help me out. I installed miospatcher and hastefully pushed a to install it not realizing that you had to press x before installing to be able to use the wii backup loader, anyway I loaded up a gamecube backup and it worked fine. I read that it sometimes causes gc originals to not load so I checked that out as well as wii original and backup, everything went fine til the wii backup using gamma where it wouldn't pop up the menu. I thought I'll try reinstalling the ios249 to see if that fixes it unfortunatly it wouldn't even try installing it when I press A it's as if nothing is being pressed. I then went into the miospatcher and pressed B to uninstall the patch to see if that would help but still no go, and now I can't run gc backups anymore as well as you need the cios installed. Does anyone have any idea on what I could do to get this working again?

JoeyGennaro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChaosBoi said:
Sonic Adventure DX still didn't work for me with the new cMIOs
frown.gif
. Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait or try another copy.

You do know that Sonic Adventure DX DOES work right? I have it on a multidisc shrunk..it's perfect. I have no idea why it doesn't work for you.

EDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phratt said:
Wait so theres currently no way to permenately play GC backups through the disk channel?
You could install CIOSCORP and then be able to use the disk channel permanently. That's what I did.

ghaldos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Guardian said:
Reinstall your system menu and try again........
Thanks for the reply........ anyway I found out what the problem was, for some reason you can't have the gc memory card plugged in when installing thhe cios.

JoeyGennaro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AsosaYoung said:
Doesn't Waninkoko cMIOS only works with Mega Man Wii Gamecube Homebrew Launcher?

I'm guessing English is not your first language because I can't make heads or tails of what the heck you are saying here...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty