Hacking Gamma Channels With Pictures

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Guys and gals of the scene,

Hey that's how the cookie crumbles sometime in the scene and I think all of us know that. Recall in that thing called a brain of ours the many times in the scene that you have seen a pc game, movie, cd, etc being nuked because of bad crack, poor dubbing/encoding, or a trojan. That's the risk of being in the scene. It doesn't surprise me at all to see a channel finally brick the wii.. That is the main reason I haven't finished my own channel. Sceners are impatient and careless sometimes to get their stuff out which increases the chance to make a mistake somewhere.. I have already done it once when I first started messing with channel editing. Luckily, it didn't brick my wii.. I have 4 wii's sitting in my bedroom right now and only one has the gamma version on it and this is the kind of things I expected to see.. So just slow down a bit. Go over the steps twice and TEST YOUR OWN WAD before distributing it to the WiiScene.. it will save the drama and a wii! hehe...

Overall, these channels are a indubitibly fantastic artwork. Just take your time with them more so we can all bask in the glory of Gamma.

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
IronMask said:

Hey that's how the cookie crumbles sometime in the scene and I think all of us know that. Recall in that thing called a brain of ours the many times in the scene that you have seen a pc game, movie, cd, etc being nuked because of bad crack, poor dubbing/encoding, or a trojan. That's the risk of being in the scene. It doesn't surprise me at all to see a channel finally brick the wii.. That is the main reason I haven't finished my own channel. Sceners are impatient and careless sometimes to get their stuff out which increases the chance to make a mistake somewhere.. I have already done it once when I first started messing with channel editing. Luckily, it didn't brick my wii.. I have 4 wii's sitting in my bedroom right now and only one has the gamma version on it and this is the kind of things I expected to see.. So just slow down a bit. Go over the steps twice and TEST YOUR OWN WAD before distributing it to the WiiScene.. it will save the drama and a wii! hehe...

Overall, these channels are a indubitibly fantastic artwork. Just take your time with them more so we can all bask in the glory of Gamma.

i agree with you,
this is why i´m not upload my final channel, its done but not tested, i test it at home on my own wii, for every channel i do...

NeoRame

noir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shadowmoses said:
i'm not sure but i think it's

" Hold 1 while pressing start to edit configuration"

a bit long lol

I dunno, man. I still think it's a little unclear. How about something like "If you would like to enter the menu in which you are able to modify various configuration options, please press the button that says "1" on your Wiimote. This button is located right below the speaker and above the "2" button. If you do not wish to enter the configuration menu, you do not need to press "1.""

I think such a message could really clear things up for people so we don't get so confused
tongue.gif

LegendaryXM90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bantheradio said:
Anubis said:
Shadowmoses said:
this one is for autoboot version if someone want to compile it
gammaautogc1.png

Can someone inject this to the autoboot one?

Thank you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dzzew5zquyy

Just tested it on my Wii and it works just fine.

I am planning on editing this in a few minutes to include a Force NTSC autoboot version.

EDIT:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dmfytvywu41
Here is the Force NTSC autoboot version.

Umm...I just tested yours instead of Tgames' because I didn't feel like waiting 45 seconds.

But when I entered the menu, all that's there is a black BG, Gamma logo, and a little green gecko in the lower left corner.

tl;dr : The menu doesn't work.

EDIT: OK, tried Tgames', and his does the exact same thing. What's the issue here?

EDIT2: Sorry, forgot to say thank you for the channel revision Tgames/Shadowmoses!
biggrin.gif

Anubis

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
LegendaryXM90 said:
bantheradio said:
Anubis said:
Shadowmoses said:
gammaautogc1.png

Thank you.

I am planning on editing this in a few minutes to include a Force NTSC autoboot version.

EDIT:

Umm...I just tested yours instead of Tgames' because I didn't feel like waiting 45 seconds.

But when I entered the menu, all that's there is a black BG, Gamma logo, and a little green gecko in the lower left corner.

EDIT: OK, tried Tgames', and his does the exact same thing. What's the issue here?

EDIT2: Sorry, forgot to say thank you for the channel revision Tgames/Shadowmoses!
biggrin.gif

Tgame's works, it's the one I'm using.

LegendaryXM90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anubis said:
LegendaryXM90 said:
bantheradio said:
Anubis said:
Shadowmoses said:
gammaautogc1.png

Thank you.

EDIT:

biggrin.gif

Tgame's works, it's the one I'm using.

You must be one lucky son of a gun because I've tried all 3 (bantheradio's and Tgames) and whenever I enter the menu, all I get is the logo and a little green gecko in the lower left.

Anybody have any clue what's wrong?

Tri-Edge

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nah I wasnt talking about the banner I was taliking about redesigning and modifyin the whole chanel

I config'd a new channel usin your banner

Its a HOLD B AUTOBOOT OCARINA ON

and you dindnt do that so dont start to get all hyped up about your lilttle banner

link is still here http://www.mediafire.com/?cmm3gdntkmd

all yall people downloadin tell me what yall think

tri-edge

we are tha hackerz

colmiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NeoRame said:
IronMask said:

i agree with you,
this is why i´m not upload my final channel, its done but not tested, i test it at home on my own wii, for every channel i do...

NeoRame
ahh its done! can't wait, i test for you! hahaha jk, never done it and never will ( installing an untested channel i mean
wink.gif
)

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are stupid stupid questions, I know, but I am stupid with this stuff and trying to learn. Force NTSC will that load slightly faster than a "normal" autoboot because it is already set that way, and if not what is the benefit? Also just sheer curiosity what is the story with "hooks" and "hooktypes," and yeah I searched, maybe my searches were not refined enough but I tried before I asked. Thanks.

colmiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrickyTony said:
These are stupid stupid questions, I know, but I am stupid with this stuff and trying to learn. Force NTSC will that load slightly faster than a "normal" autoboot because it is already set that way, and if not what is the benefit? Also just sheer curiosity what is the story with "hooks" and "hooktypes," and yeah I searched, maybe my searches were not refined enough but I tried before I asked. Thanks.
force NTSC, from my understanding is used to play PAL games on your NTSC-U/J wii. idk the advantage of forcing it on a NTSC wii and i deff dont know bout hooktypes, so i'll let the veterans around here answer that

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok my Wii-ish Gamma Channel is done, but without the "Force XXX" via prss 1 or 2, i had a few promlems with that (when i pressed 1 or 2 to forceboot it starts the config menu and second press on the nuber it start in force mode, and thiswas not the solution.) if anyone have solution or idea contact me....

The Pack included:
Autoboot Gamma BackupLauncher channel Wii-ish style V.2
Autoboot Gamma BackupLauncher channel Wii-ish style V.3
Autoboot Gamma BackupLauncher for HBC (with icon and xml and edit banner for the configscreen)
cIOS 36 rev7
source code for the edit BL

ok here the preview

Channel Icon
icosm7.gif

HBC Icon:
iconhd3.png

Channel v2:
cv2yn3.png

Channel v3:
cv3dl8.png

Configmenu banner:
bannerwiiishfr5.jpg

Downloads via RS:
Channel pack Wii-ish Style

Channel pack Wii-ish Style GERMAN (Graphics and Config menu)

Channel pack Wii-ish Style - Autoboot Force:Pal50
Channel pack Wii-ish Style - Autoboot Force:Pal60
Channel pack Wii-ish Style - Autoboot Force:NTSC

*EDIT* for all guys, they have Download the english pack, please re-download it and install it. the old version included a wron sorcecode, dol an wad. (don´t worry! its only a wrong button setting, no bad code.)

I have tested all versions on my own Wii and it works fine!!!

Credits goes to:
Waninkoko,Wiigator,WiiShizzza,Forsakn and all the other coders!!!

hope you like it

kind regards
NeoRame

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
wow NeoRame, your channel looks great!!
It's just how I wanted it...awesome!

Kudos mate!

on the brick thing...it's the scene and stuff like that happens, and that must be an alarm siren for everybody, so we all take things with more caution, both developers and users of wads, dols and whatever.

nice to see everything here is tested, like everything should be before being released. I inject dol into wads, but I have never played too much with those (banners, sounds...never touch them!) because I'm not knowledgeable enough and I don't want to screw up. Even people who know what they do can screw up sometimes, let alone me.

colmiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NeoRame said:
Ok my Wii-ish Gamma Channel is done, but without the "Force XXX" via prss 1 or 2, i had a few promlems with that (when i pressed 1 or 2 to forceboot it starts the config menu and second press on the nuber it start in force mode, and thiswas not the solution.) if anyone have solution or idea contact me....
ahhh noooooo!! i wondered if you were gonna have problems with that seeing as how "B" is used for rebooter and it would be the only button left to go into configuration....sigh, hope someone finds a solution to this soon, anyway still a great job NeoRame, now my channel looks like its part of the system! thanks!

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
...now my channel looks like its part of the system! thanks!

this was the first goal of my work ;-) , im glad to here that you like it.

QUOTEi wondered if you were gonna have problems with that seeing as how "B" is used for rebooter and it would be the only button left to go into configuration....

i have tested the home and A button to but it wont work :-( ......

regards
NeoRame

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh