Hacking GBA Generic cart from DX question.

AAcrazyman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know if this cart has a RTC? (Real Time Clock)
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25752

gtrader8 on the reviews, on the page says, "Play Pokemon Emerald without any problem."
Pokemon emerald uses a RTC.... and without a RTC, before the game starts, you get a message saying, "The Internal Battery Has Run Dry. The game can still be played, however clock-based events (such as berries, lottery, and certain Pokemon evolutions) will no longer occur."
Clearly if he saw this message I think he would of mentioned it in his review, instead of saying, "Play Pokemon Emerald without any problem."

So does anybody know for sure if it has a RTC or not?

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no rtc on the cart. I have a few of these and they're great for the price. You can load games from slot one with a hacked gbaldr. You would have to do the rtc patch for the Pokemon games to work. There's a higher game compatibility if you use the pc software but don't use the disk that it come with. It dosen't work and has a virus.

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
Pliskron said:
There's no rtc on the cart. I have a few of these and they're great for the price. You can load games from slot one with a hacked gbaldr. You would have to do the rtc patch for the Pokemon games to work. There's a higher game compatibility if you use the pc software but don't use the disk that it come with. It dosen't work and has a virus.
Do you happen to have this "hacked gbaldr"? I already ordered one of these and it would be helpful to have this program before hand.

Also, what do you mean by "game compatibility"? Are certain games unable to be sent through gbaldr?

AAcrazyman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pliskron said:
Shooooot!!!.... would you happen to know where I can get a cart that has a RTC?
Or even what cart I can get that has a RTC?

QUOTE(epicCreations.org @ Mar 14 2010, 07:46 PM) Do you happen to have this "hacked gbaldr"? I already ordered one of these and it would be helpful to have this program before hand.

Also, what do you mean by "game compatibility"? Are certain games unable t o be sent through gbaldr?
I second that motion. Could you possibly upload your hacked gbaldr?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A slot2 cart that supports RTC? If you can possibly find one, the "M3 Perfect" (NOT "Pro") has a real-time clock in it. I bought one right before they disappeared from the market. They are generally pretty expensive....like maybe $60-$100 if you can find them, but EVERY GBA game I've ever fed it has worked great with minimal hassles and zero slowdown. I still use it to this day for my GBA gaming needs in my DSlite. Between GBA games and homebrew games/apps/emulators, I have hundreds of games to play at my fingertips. Last time I ever counted, I had over 500 total games/apps on my slot2 cart alone. Not kidding. Couple that with my slot1 cart (CycloDS w/16gigs) and my DSlite becomes a veritable "pocket arcade". An M3 Perfect is probably damn near impossible to find nowadays though.

In fact, the only quality slot2 carts available are 3in1's, EZFlash IV's and Supercard's, there may be a couple others, but those 3 are generally considered the best.....or at least are currently the easiest to get, that are "known good" carts. I don't think any of them support real-time clock though. 'Tis a shame....
frown.gif

I don't even know of any other carts that DO support RTC. But I will say the cart you linked to looks kinda dodgy, to say the least. Parallel connection instead of USB? That would cause unnecessary hassles just getting it to hook-up to your PC. No one really uses parallel ports anymore, so most newer PC's don't bother to supply those connectors on the computers these days. Besides, the M3 Perfect used an SD card for up to 2gigs of storage space, compared to the relatively small 128megs that's built-in to the cart you linked to.

The M3 Perfect is the only slot2 I know about that supports RTC. I KNOW there are others, I just don't remember what they were anymore.

Does anyone else know what other slot2 carts supported real-time clock?

Llama Riot

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Llama Riot recommends this cart

I have one of these and it is such a good deal. I really wish it had USB, and it's too small for some of the larger games but it's still the best deal on a flash cart ever. As for Pokémon why not use Goomba color to play GBC versions until you can afford to buy the games?

AAcrazyman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
A slot2 cart that supports RTC? If you can possibly find one, the "M3 Perfect" (NOT "Pro") has a real-time clock in it. I bought one right before they disappeared from the market. They are generally pretty expensive....like maybe $60-$100 if you can find them, but EVERY GBA game I've ever fed it has worked great with minimal hassles and zero slowdown. I still use it to this day for my GBA gaming needs in my DSlite. Between GBA games and homebrew games/apps/emulators, I have hundreds of games to play at my fingertips. Last time I ever counted, I had over 500 total games/apps on my slot2 cart alone. Not kidding. Couple that with my slot1 cart (CycloDS w/16gigs) and my DSlite becomes a veritable "pocket arcade". An M3 Perfect is probably damn near impossible to find nowadays though.

In fact, the only quality slot2 carts available are 3in1's, EZFlash IV's and Supercard's, there may be a couple others, but those 3 are generally considered the best.....or at least are currently the easiest to get, that are "known good" carts. I don't think any of them support real-time clock though. 'Tis a shame....
frown.gif

I don't even know of any other carts that DO support RTC. But I will say the cart you linked to looks kinda dodgy, to say the least. Parallel connection instead of USB? That would cause unnecessary hassles just getting it to hook-up to your PC. No one really uses parallel ports anymore, so most newer PC's don't bother to supply those connectors on the computers these days. Besides, the M3 Perfect used an SD card for up to 2gigs of storage space, compared to the relatively small 128megs that's built-in to the cart you linked to.

The M3 Perfect is the only slot2 I know about that supports RTC. I KNOW there are others, I just don't remember what they were anymore.

Does anyone else know what other slot2 carts supported real-time clock?

Rayder, can you use the M3 Perfect in a Game Boy Advance??? Or is it only for DS???

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AAcrazyman said:
Pliskron said:
Shooooot!!!.... would you happen to know where I can get a cart that has a RTC?
Or even what cart I can get that has a RTC?

QUOTE(epicCreations.org @ Mar 14 2010, 07:46 PM) Do you happen to have this "hacked gbaldr"? I already ordered one of these and it would be helpful to have this program before hand.

Also, what do you mean by "game compatibility"? Are certain games unable t o be sent through gbaldr?
I second that motion. Could you possibly upload your hacked gbaldr?

I believe he was referring to this:
http://scottn.us/gbaldr-szcard4.rar
(Found the link in the DealExtreme comments, untested)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: