Help re-discovering a game I only vaguely remember

CaptainN_DK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, there is this one game I remember playing on my dad's computer way back in what must've been the mid-90s that I've since tried to look up online several times since with no luck so now I wanted to try and see if asking you guys might yield some more luck.
I only remember very little about it but I do remember it being a first-person kind of game. I also believe the level I played (Which I suppose must've been level 1) took place in a cave setting. You were playing as some little beast but as you ventured around the cave you could grow into a bigger creature.
The one thing I remember the best tho is that there was an exit in the area but when you tried to actually exit the cave, a little FMV played of the creature you played as getting killed off by some humans right outside, however, the scene would change depending on what stage/size your creature was at and the humans would bring out the bigger guns to kill you off in the FMV the bigger you were.
That's about all I really remember tho. If anyone has any clue as to what the game might have been, I'd love to hear

Black-moonlight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Very interesting post. I dunno why but i also love nostalgic games reminding us of our pure childhood. As i read your post, i thought it sounds like remings cuz you said 90s'. But the humans bringing the guns to kill you off..?
Any more further clues like, OS?
DOS, or console..?

P.S. wait... is this Sultan's Maze?
Is this what you looking for?
The fps style and creature traveling on the cave😳

Reactions: CaptainN_DK

CaptainN_DK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Very interesting post. I dunno why but i also love nostalgic games reminding us of our pure childhood. As i read your post, i thought it sounds like remings cuz you said 90s'. But the humans bringing the guns to kill you off..?
Any more further clues like, OS?
DOS, or console..?

P.S. wait... is this Sultan's Maze?
Is this what you looking for?
The fps style and creature traveling on the cave😳
Well, when I say guns, I meant more like bows/crossbows and catapults that would kill off the monster.
I believe you start out like a salamander or something that one human will just nonchalantly kill by stepping on it or something but it you grow full size, you are much bigger than the humans. From what I remember, they would first try to kill you with their smaller weapons and when they realize that won't work they retreat for a moment and then bring out something bigger to kill you.
I don't remember there actually being a way to reach a size that would let you kill off the humans and leave the cave for good though.
I don't believe these scenes were interactive whatsoever, they just reflected your monster.
Though from your own perspective inside of the cave, you never actually see the monster you play as, but as you grow/level up, your elevation level from the ground raises to reflect your size.
I just don't remember exactly what caused you to grow... Hell, I can't even remember if you could attack anything.
It's definitely not Sultan's Maze. It looks way more advanced that that game. Though still one of those pusdo-3D looking games from that era.
I want to say that perhaps it was graphically closer to resembling something like Ultima Underworld or something.
But like I said, my memory of it is REALLY vague. I just remember playing it on my dad's work computer, which I believe was a Windows machine. I think it might have been 1995 or earlier

Last edited by CaptainN_DK,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: