Hacking Homebrew Browser

barcode1999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeh you could make a homebrew swap shop that relies on peer 2 peer transfer from different wii's if bandwidth becomes a problem
biggrin.gif

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I myself think this software should be included in the HBC later on, my friend that just gotten a Wii (yesterday) new to homebrews will love this software!

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first of all thanks teknecal for this wonderfull app! it helps alot i love it

second, is ther anywhere i can find a rename list for the folders, ive renamed all my apps since ive gotten them to keep them organized, but now the app wont recognize i have them and ive customized some of the icons and meta.xmls so i dont wanna re download all of them either.

thanks!

teknecal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Skater4599 said:
second, is ther anywhere i can find a rename list for the folders, ive renamed all my apps since ive gotten them to keep them organized, but now the app wont recognize i have them and ive customized some of the icons and meta.xmls so i dont wanna re download all of them either.

Right here is a listing of application names to directory names. Hmm, I didn't think people used custom meta.xml files? About the icon.png files, HBB will not download the icon.png file of application if that application is being updated.

Prisoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
teknecal said:
Right here is a listing of application names to directory names. Hmm, I didn't think people used custom meta.xml files? About the icon.png files, HBB will not download the icon.png file of application if that application is being updated.
yeah yeah....cool....tested yesterday with the update of SDExplorer...homebrew updated, same icon
yaynds.gif

Gamesphere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great work teknecal, But I must say that most of the apps on the Browser are out of date. Any plans on updating them to their respective current versions?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's gonna be a lot of work to keep up with every new piece of homebrew and updates.
So perhaps you can set up a sort of wiki, which everyone can edit and update with new version information. Then you let the browser get its data from that wiki.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This app should absolutely get the recognition it deserves. It is truly the killer homebrew app
smile.gif
I have been wondering however when it will correctly read large SD cards? My 16GB card is read randomly as a 75MB card, a 500MB card...just random numbers. Still works fine and homebrew downloads and extracts correctly to it, so only a minor annoyance. I really love this app!

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to necrobump, but I followed the instructions here, and despite changing "setting_server" from 0 to 1, it's taking forever to connect for the 1st time.

Is it because I'm connected to Wiimmfi and RiiConnect24?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 🖕