How did you choose your username and why?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I chose my username, combining the name of a Wii modchip and the highest screen resolution you can go up to via the system properties (aka max resolution).

xp-screen-resolution-1.gif
wiirez.jpg

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Well I started off as Jay Ro, which is my first two government-given names, each shortened. Then I merged them together as JayRo by asking a mod to change my name. Then I did one final name change request to a mod again, and I've been Jayro ever since. Tacked on the name Jones to the end, thanks to Coraline Jones, and "Jayro Jones" was born.

And if you google Jayro Jones, you'll find me all over the internet.

Reactions: reha and SylverReZ

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
My original allias was MaliDragon2006. Mali comes from how it's a common short name for Malachi, the Dragon came from my obsession with Dragons after my obsession with Freedom Planet when I was 9-10, and 2006 was the year that I was born (still wished for the admins to reflect that on my information instead of it saying 1998, never lie about your age)

And with my new (and better) allias: DragonMals. Dragon is the same reason while Mals has been a name my family usually calls me, and now I have other people either calling me Mals or Mali which is the best of both worlds.

I have a much older third one, but I won't explain that because quite literally it goes against the rules of the internet by having almost your whole name mentioned in it.

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Xdqwerty is one of my several usernames i have online.
My first one iirc is Cjc19901; "cjc" are my initials while I put 19901 thinking of 1991 even though I was not born that year.

The other one is drcj; when i was a kid I wanted to be a doctor and cj are my initials (again).

and xdqwerty; the "xd" slang and emoticon and the qwerty keyboard layout

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: AncientBoi

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Where did you get all of your previous usernames from? I remember you used to be called Lilith Valentine and Crystal the Glaceon.
Now those are interesting stories! Lilith came from my previous fursona, which was an adopt my ex-boyfriend bought me.
https://gbatemp.net/blogs/lilith-valentine.11180/

@WeedZ actually gave her the name Lilith
https://gbatemp.net/blogs/lilith-valentine.11180/#ubs-comment-132491
Valentine came from @Sonic Angel Knight
https://gbatemp.net/members/the-catboy.202697/page-135#profile-post-58942
1534226765.crystaltheglaceon_sketch9414429.png
The name later went to Lilith Valentine, the agender and asexual cubi (sex demon)
1711498174228.jpeg
Crystal the Glaceon, well my name was Crystal and Glaceon is cute. So Crystal the Glaceon, who looked like this
1536499_243127712517895_596721890_n 2.jpg
And was an AFAB femboy Glaceon

Last edited by The Catboy,

DTApple

"I'm a trendy tote bag!"
Trophies
Website
dtapple.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
From late 2022 onwards, I have been doing development work as '_AppleDev' with other platforms being 'DefinitelyTheApple.' Sometime in 2023, I shortened it to just 'DTApple. I try to keep my usernames consistent. So you can easily find me online that way. As for the 'Apple' bit, that goes back to late 2017.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

ZenIsFluffy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
zenthefox.online
XP
Country
United States
Years back when Lego Universe entered Free-To-Play one of the limitations was using an a player name based on 3 banks of words. I mashed random a few times and got the word Zen for the first one. Since then people in online games called me “Zen” so that name stuck! I’ve used several variations of it since and they always include Zen. It’s became my online identity. Current variation is ZenTheFox or ZenIsFluffy since I’m more furry now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto