Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
TeenTin said:
Great guide. Now I can install HBC.

But no matter how hard I search, I found no simple complete guide for softmod. Would you please make one. Thank you.

OR Any requirement if I want to install cIOS38 rev13 from HBC ?

If you do network install for cios38 rev13 then no just install it

There are several softmod guides but people have different needs sometimes you just need to pick and choose.

If theres anything you need help with people on gbatemp could do so just remeber the infamous search button.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
djda said:
TeenTin said:
Great guide. Now I can install HBC.

But no matter how hard I search, I found no simple complete guide for softmod. Would you please make one. Thank you.

OR Any requirement if I want to install cIOS38 rev13 from HBC ?

If you do network install for cios38 rev13 then no just install it

There are several softmod guides but people have different needs sometimes you just need to pick and choose.

If theres anything you need help with people on gbatemp could do so just remeber the infamous search button.

My firmware is 4.0. Do I need to do something like running CMDVDX34 to downgrade IOS35... first ?

My Wifi connection is not stable. So, I really want OFFLINE install.

Thanks !

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
I honestely have 0 experience with 4.0 however if you do want to do offline isnstall just find the ios38.wad file for cIOS38 rev13.
Sorry i cant be of more help with the downgrade not really my expertise but like i said just find the ios38 wad and if you want an older (cIOS36 rev 11,10,9) then youll need ios36.wad

dj_linz6

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
WiiPower said:
bannerbomb, BootMii and HBC have next to nothing to do with a softmod, they are just for running homebrew which you can use to softmod, but it's not its purpose.

sorry.. didnt mean to say softmod! maybe i should have said hacking the wii/getting hbc working.

anyway, i got it working.

bought a new (non SDHC) card. cos the old one was giving me write errors using wiiload.
put the apps on the sd card via my pc
nothing.
used wiiload to transfer hb browser
worked perfectly
now i can copy apps to the sd card using my computer and somehow they show up now? to exactly the same folders. which didnt work before??

whatever, im happy that its working now! thanks for the help
smile.gif

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yup xD
Okay, I just encountered another problem -.-,
I didn't actually install the dvd, bootmii stuff when I had the chance and when I tried again, it just freezes on me. Can anyone help please...
Thanks!
Kevin

nikwood96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone please help me, I am all new to this stuff. Okay, I have homebrew channel on my wii, but it just shows bubbles when i load it. Here is what I currently have on my SD Card.
1.) An empty "apps" folder
2.) A couple of songs (for my dsi)
3.) A "privatestuff" folder with wii and dsi things
4.) A "private" folder, in it "wii" Folder>"title" Folder>"aktn" Folder>content.bin file
5.) A boot.elf file
6.) An "installer" Text document
7.) An empty "MISC" folder.

Here's what I did: I followed all the steps, then it asked me if I wanted to install the Homebrew Channel and some other thing. I installed both.
Then, I opened up the homebrew channel and there was just bubbles and a flashing button in the bottom right corner. This happens every time I open the Homebrew Channel. What did I do wrong??
blink.gif

Liquidant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
great guide buddy i love it.

If i understand correct using bannerbomb and your boot.dol file it will run a test so i can gage if everything is working ok.

then i can carry on to install HBC

am i also correct in thinking that installing HBC is diffrent to getting backups to work and pottentialy bricking the wii??

thanks again for the guide

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Liquidant said:
great guide buddy i love it.

If i understand correct using bannerbomb and your boot.dol file it will run a test so i can gage if everything is working ok.

then i can carry on to install HBC

am i also correct in thinking that installing HBC is diffrent to getting backups to work and pottentialy bricking the wii??

thanks again for the guide

Yes if the bannerbomb test succeeds, you should be able to install HBC. Installing the HBC installs a custom channel to your Wii, that's nothing dangerous if done properly and the HBC does that.

Getting backups to work is something different, go to the backup forum about this, after installing the HBC. Installing other channels, like a Gamma channel for example is similar to installing the HBC, but has different requirements, and if some s...head made it, the installation of that channel bricks your Wii, while HBC is always safe to install.

Peyroteo

Trophies
XP
Country
Im going to try to install bannerbomb on wii but i have some question.
what does bannerbomb do? Does is lets me play the wii games i burn in a cd?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Peyroteo said:
Im going to try to install bannerbomb on wii but i have some question.
what does bannerbomb do? Does is lets me play the wii games i burn in a cd?

Read the 1st part of the guide again.

toh_yxes

Trophies
XP
Country
my wii is used by my family in the house. so im worried that my wii will crash and burn, and i wont be able to use it again. firstly what are the chances of this happening, and secondly, should i do this?

dragonfyre173

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikezone101 said:
my wii is used by my family in the house. so im worried that my wii will crash and burn, and i wont be able to use it again. firstly what are the chances of this happening, and secondly, should i do this?

Yeah, so am I. I'm sure that Bannerbomb can be trusted, even though the name sounds a little fishy, but what're the chances of the Wii being bricked?

toh_yxes

Trophies
XP
Country
dragonfyre173 said:
mikezone101 said:

Yeah, so am I. I'm sure that Bannerbomb can be trusted, even though the name sounds a little fishy, but what're the chances of the Wii being bricked?

well i actually got it working. so im happy. My wii did not crash and burn, as I previously thought. SO your Wii probably wont be bricked.

tdetone

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I have install bannerbomb i think that ok because at the end the tests are made and give-me message to rebbot wii but nothing has appear different on wi now i can't install homebrew

can some one help me

i'am new on wii system

Best regards
Tdetone

Sorry my english

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tdetone said:
Hi

I have install bannerbomb i think that ok because at the end the tests are made and give-me message to rebbot wii but nothing has appear different on wi now i can't install homebrew

can some one help me

i'am new on wii system

Best regards
Tdetone

Sorry my english

Step 1 is done. Now go to step 2.

tdetone

Trophies
XP
Country
hi

Run the installer with your method to run homebrew. For example with bannerbomb. ?

How do hi do this

Thanks
Tdetone

Liquidant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tdetone said:
hi

Run the installer with your method to run homebrew. For example with bannerbomb. ?

How do hi do this

Thanks
Tdetone

download the hackmii files and rename install.elf to boot.elf

place in the root directory of your sd card

and start the process again "step 1".

instead of the test screen appearing that Wiipower has made you should have the options to install HBC, DVDx and bootmii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol