Disc channel:
http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijk/2009/0...37647590-30.jpg

http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijk/2009/0...7644153-680.jpg

Jizmo09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's my dirty little secret for working with themes/skins on the Wii.

Of all the tools out there to help you create/exchange or whatever themes for the Wii, they are pretty much all useless to me.

I do everything pretty much manually using total commander. The simple typical process of say injecting new background into the message board goes like this.

1. The hardest part... put the time in with photoshop or your graphic tool of choice to make your my_backpic_a.bmp

2. Convert my_backpic_a.bmp to my_backpic_a.tpl with TPL Converter 0.4 by Gally
3. Unpack 4x.app file with U8Tool 10.1+ (leave U8Tool open)
4. Unpack board.ash from the 4x_app_OUT\layout\common\ folder with U8Tool
5. Copy the new my_backpic_a.tpl over the one found in the board_ash_OUT\arc\timg folder
6. Press Inject button on U8Tool
7. Delete the board_ash_OUT folder
8. Pack the 4x.app_OUT folder with U8Tool

There you have it.... Depending on what object your dealing with, buttons are more complicated than backgrounds obviously, step 1 will take anywhere from 1 to 15 minutes to get professional looking results.

Steps 2 thru 8 take about one minute total.

I have on my quick launch bar side by side at the end, Total Commander, Photoshop, TPL Converter and U8Tool shortcuts to have quick access to them.
Once you're injected a couple hundred buttons or so it becomes second nature and takes no time at all.

Also understand that there are exceptions to the procedure above. For instance, if you've edited a brlyt file and it's now a different size, you can't Inject it with U8Tool. You have to Pack the folder back into an .ash file again instead of inject.

This is just my preferred method to do things since through the whole process I'm able to watch file sizes and directory structures. Doing it this way also helps you build a better picture of things in your memory so that you strart to remember all the locations of key brlyt and tpl files in their actual directory structure. It's nice to be able to think of an object you want to change and know off the top of your head the filename and which ash file and subdirectory it's located in

Kinda like having a schematic/pdf of the struct

SONYEDDIE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a few problems. Once I finish using U8tool, I use ASH.exe on some of the ash files, and not all are able to be converted to name.ash.arc. For instance, cursor and health, along with some others, don't convert. In addition, when I use u8packer, and I select an ash file that I converted with ASH.exe, it gives me a Runtime error 75: Path/File access error. So I'm basically at a standstill. Can anyone offer some help?

Etheopia

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Heyz.... quick question for now.... (more to come in the future...) On say the disk channel screen, how do I change the text color? I can't read it very well. It's too dark. Can I make it white? Thankz!

VGMStudios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am having an issue.
I followed the guide to the letter. I only changed the cursor.arc files and made the 00000042.app file. I then installed the .app file on the Wii with MyMenuify. Now all I have is Black Screen.
I installed the Black Wii theme (it was a csm file) before with no problems.
What did I do wrong?

Edit: N/M I figured it out. I was using a bad 00000042.app file.

VGM out...

VGMStudios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to add more frames to my_TV_c in the TV sheet under Chansel.ash? Currently there is 4, but most themes use more then 4! how do you do this?

VGM out...

mason742

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
digitydogs said:
How's this? The empty circle is where i clicked, the circled box show current transparent color, the circled option is required to use transparent color.
image4.jpg

Always exit the program after each tpl is made. It seems to glitch from time to time doing multiple images otherwise
Sin Color alpha disables alpha color makes everything show.
This is kinda a stupid question but can i just use windows paint instead of cs3 photoshop?
Thanks for your help!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson