Hacking How To Make your own CSM

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Drihscol said:
since the program uses jpegs, you cant have transparancy. so put a backround colour that isnt used in the image, like blue, and set that as the transparent colour. to get softer edges, all you have to do is sort of blur the edges, not so it mixes with the backround colour, so it blurs with white. it will look better.

Ahh, thanks. One question less
smile.gif

Oh and:
QUOTEu8Pack 0.8.0 by gally
He means 0.08, right?
And for the u8-Tool v9.0, I think

Drihscol

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
what i did, was use healthii. i got a health screen injected into it, and just renamed the .health file to 00000045.app. it may not be completly clean but it should work
*no warranty if something does happen*
EDIT doesnt seem to work...

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I've done it with FS Browser, the best way to do it:

QUOTE said:
Fs browser: It can be found under title/00000001/00000002/content/0000042.app (NTSC) or 00000045.app (PAL).

Just navigate there, select it and press 1 when you found it. It will make a Copy on your SD-Card.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
First: many Thanks for that, this is something like the Holy Grail to me
smile.gif

But I have still some questions left:

1)From what I saw, Gimp can do exactly all what you done in Photoshop. And it's free...can't I realy use it?
2)How can I not change the size of the Image? This is nearly impossible...more colors = more size, etc...?
3)This problem here:

(Klick on it)
Is it ok if I put a png-Layer over the Alpha-Color Layer and then merge them? Normaly, it will look bad, but it looks for me Nintendo have done it so...

Hope you'll find the time to answer, many Thanks in Advance
smile.gif

1. If gimp will save 32bit files then you can use it. Photoshop cs3 and cs4 are the only programs ive tested that output 32bit files.
2. By the size of the image i dont mean filesize, i mean dimensions, for example if the image is 104x104 pixels it has to remain the same, you can't resize it to 208 x 208.
3.As long as the resulting final image is one single layer, you should be fine.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
digitydogs said:
1. If gimp will save 32bit files then you can use it. Photoshop cs3 and cs4 are the only programs ive tested that output 32bit files.
2. By the size of the image i dont mean filesize, i mean dimensions, for example if the image is 104x104 pixels it has to remain the same, you can't resize it to 208 x 208.
3.As long as the resulting final image is one single layer, you should be fine.

Well, many Thanks for the answers
biggrin.gif
. For me it looks like GIMP can make 32-Bit .bmp's, look here:

But I have to add an Alpha-Channel, and then safe it, otherwise that TPL-App can't read it...just as an Info for all the others
tongue.gif

dmcbudman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you find a 'template' you like (softmii 1.0 for example)
you can use this chart i made to find the hex code for the color you'd like to change the tpl to.
note: these can only be changed in uncompressed tpls, ones that were made, not the original ninty tpls as they use some sort or compression i yet to understand (i want to figure those out too though)

colorchartlk0.png

ften

Trophies
Website
fathertom.net
XP
Country
Bulgaria
bebs said:
is it possible to replace the wii menu background image yet.?

You could probably come up with some type of tiling, but one big image not that I know of, but then again I haven't played with it that much this week.

Backgrounds;
Main background = Chansel.ash - my_TVSheet_b.tpl
Channel Background when you've chose a channel, but haven't clicked ok yet = Chanttl.ash - my_TVSheet_b.tpl
Disk Read background (when it's first reading the disc or you don't have one in) = Diskbann.ash - my_Beta16x16_a.tpl

-FTen

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you cant view a lot of ninty tpl's with gally's tpl converter view them with tpl edit fe (broly7) then save as tga or bmp and use that as your size template in photoshop or gimp, from there you can save as bmp or tga to use in gally or tpl edit either way they both crap out with alpha transparency every now and then

pebls123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having a problem with the cursor.I successfully changed it to how i want it in the menu but when i change it on the home button the home menu becomes blurry:
Menu
moto0109gl9.jpg

home menu
moto0110fw7.jpg

Im using the same cursor files for the both ash files (cursor.ash and homebtn.ash or something so).
Can anyone tell me what I need to do to change the cursor on the home button screen with blur?

axe97

Trophies
Website
www.softmii.org
XP
Country
United States
pebls123,
when you push the homebutton, the cursor in homebtn.ash shows up. if you change the homebtn.ash back to the rugular one, youll still have your pink
cursor in the menu, but just not when u push the homebtn.

brownmurder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey where can i get a clean 000000042.app i have a health screen on mine so if i use fs browser im guessing it wont be a clean version

can anyone help me out

pebls123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
axe97 said:
pebls123,
when you push the homebutton, the cursor in homebtn.ash shows up. if you change the homebtn.ash back to the rugular one, youll still have your pink
yeah I know I will have it in the menu alone(thats how i have it for the moment) but i want it in the homebutton aswell without blurring the homebutton screen.(Anyone know why it does this?)

QUOTE(brownmurder @ Feb 15 2009, 07:44 PM) hey where can i get a clean 000000042.app i have a health screen on mine so if i use fs browser im guessing it wont be a clean version

can anyone help me out
we can't give those links(against the rules since it's copyright) but what the heck here you go
http://rapidshare.com/files/124111846/00000042.app

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting ready to release SoftMii 2.0 with color themes very soon. Here's a couple .app files being packaged with it.

DSCF2042.jpg

DSCF2052.jpg

We actually released 3 color themes today on EFNET in #softmii

If you want them you can come to the IRC channel and get them

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pebls123 said:
axe97 said:
pebls123,
yeah I know I will have it in the menu alone(thats how i have it for the moment) but i want it in the homebutton aswell without blurring the homebutton screen.(Anyone know why it does this?)

QUOTE(brownmurder @ Feb 15 2009, 07:44 PM) hey where can i get a clean 000000042.app i have a health screen on mine so if i use fs browser im guessing it wont be a clean version

can anyone help me out
we can't give those links(against the rules since it's copyright) but what the heck here you go
http://rapidshare.com/files/124111846/00000042.app

Thanks for the file man, Worked great?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
    C @ Clayton44333: hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?