Hacking How to upgrade the HBC and Backup Launcher?

excite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dear all, I am going to upgrade the HBC and Backup Launcher in my Wii, but not quite sure the safest way to do the upgrade, please help

My current setup:
- Firmware Ver. 3.3E
- HBC beta 9
- Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma

I would like to upgrade to:
- HBC 1.0.1
- Wii Backup Launcher 03g v2
- install some other Backup Launcher and homebrew apps

Please someone let me know if I have to uninstall the current software (and how), or I can overwrite by starting from Zelda hack and perform all steps from the beginning?

Thank you very much for the help in advance!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
if you have WiFi enabled, HBC will auto-update when you start it, if no WiFi, then just run the installer for the HBC1.0.1 (don't think you need to delete anything), the cIOS36_r10 Installer needs to be executed in order to have the new cIOS installed, the Gamma Launcher doesn't need to be updated cause the only change to v2 (if not mistaken) is the 002fix, wich is now done by the cIOS

excite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
if you have WiFi enabled, HBC will auto-update when you start it, if no WiFi, then just run the installer for the HBC1.0.1 (don't think you need to delete anything), the cIOS36_r10 Installer needs to be executed in order to have the new cIOS installed, the Gamma Launcher doesn't need to be updated cause the only change to v2 (if not mistaken) is the 002fix, wich is now done by the cIOS

Thanks a lot for the info

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Brohann @ Brohann: anyone here know how to use METEO?